Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley

Go down 
+25
Leatherface
manny
ZetaReticuli
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
Olafsto
Invader
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
Smindas
krokus
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
TheGooch
INVADERS
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:32 am

Dianno made the mainde's sound more underground and looks more like a nwofhm relic... Dickinson's voice and screams made maiden a really powerful band. Dianno!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm

ya know, seeing Dianno's last setlist, I think it's very sad that he still tries to make a living ripping off Maiden. I mean, he sang on two albums 30 years ago. So what, he still promotes himself as the former singer of Maiden..... I mean, ever since he was kicked out, didn't he write any songs of his own? Didn't he have his own band? His set is 85% Maiden. It's actually ridiculous. I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, I think he should focus more on his own material when he plays live. It probably sucks, but at least he won't be living in the past anymore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
ya know, seeing Dianno's last setlist, I think it's very sad that he still tries to make a living ripping off Maiden. I mean, he sang on two albums 30 years ago. So what, he still promotes himself as the former singer of Maiden..... I mean, ever since he was kicked out, didn't he write any songs of his own? Didn't he have his own band? His set is 85% Maiden. It's actually ridiculous. I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, I think he should focus more on his own material when he plays live. It probably sucks, but at least he won't be living in the past anymore.

While I'd agree that it's ridiculous that he still lives off of the Maiden name after all these years, it's too late for him career-wise to focus on his solo material, old or new. He had the chance in the mid 80's. How old is Paul now? At this point, he might as well ride that Maiden connection out for all it's worth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZetaReticuli wrote:

While I'd agree that it's ridiculous that he still lives off of the Maiden name after all these years, it's too late for him career-wise to focus on his solo material, old or new. He had the chance in the mid 80's. How old is Paul now? At this point, he might as well ride that Maiden connection out for all it's worth.

I saw him a few weeks ago - great show!!!! Had he been doing all of his solo material, I wouldn't have gone to see him. But, since the set was extra heavy on the Maiden, I went. I had a blast! He knows no one would come to see him if he was doing only his solo material. As it was, his US tour is not very well attended and they are all club shows.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:46 pm

What sucks is that Paul D'ianno had a decent band in the mid 80's called Paul D'ianno's Battlezone, it was a good band and he could have had a decent post Maiden career if he could have kept that band together.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 am

Dickinson.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 am

Di' Anno! no one better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:26 am

Di'Anno. No contest.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Should've of made it a poll ? Maybe this will help ?

Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 2-2568_Steel_Telephone_Poles

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

They are all great.

In Maiden:
1. Bruce
2. Paul
3. Blaze

Solo:
1. Blaze
2. Bruce
3. Paul

Fencing:
1. Bruce
2. Paul
3. Blaze

(not because I know how good fencers Paul or Blaze are, but I chose Paul because I think he would cheat to win)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:08 pm

dickson
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:19 pm

TheGooch wrote:
dickson

It's Dick-in-son. Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 pm

DICKINSON!!!

And I'm truly lucky to be graced with the same last name Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley   Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dianno,Dickinson or Bayley
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2