Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenged Sevenfold

Go down 
+23
XYZ
Damien Solta
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
Pontus
ThrashedOutCobra33
Muloc7253
MetalRob331
nevermore
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
Jedilink
Shiney
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Smindas
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
AchrisK
Wargod
Required Fields
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 7:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
Like clockwork. Third post!

That's pretty dang uncanny.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm

The singer's voice is my biggest complaint.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:30 pm

These guys are really popular with kids at my school for some reason. They're okay, but when they compare themselves to Metallica or Megadeth...wow. The guitarist isn't horrible, sweep picking is pretty tough. Everything about them is just adequate. Okay guitarists, okay bassists, everything is just average. I do not, nor will I ever, understand the hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:41 pm

Sweep picking is guitar lesson #4. Not tough. Now quit bumping crap posts. Haha.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Overhyped band, their songs are ok, but as whole they don't do much for me. I own " City of Evil" and it isn't bad, and guitarist are good.

I give the album a spin once awhile but after it stops playing it is about as memorable as last piece of chewing gum.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:10 pm

manny wrote:
I give the album a spin once awhile but after it stops playing it is about as memorable as last piece of chewing gum.

But chewing gum is memorable. Laughing very hard

But really, I'm no fan though most of my friends who are into "metal" (read: crap) seem to like them. These are the same people who hold "Enter Sandman" as the greatest Metallica song ever. I'd say give me megadeth but if it's on the radio (the radio doesn't have good metal much anymore) I'd listen to it over the massive amount of hip-hop/rap that spams the airwaves.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Two words:

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, of couse. Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:54 pm

xyz wrote:
Two words:

THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Period. Smile

fixed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 pm

sam wrote:
xyz wrote:
Two words:

YOU BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Period. Smile

fixed
Really fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:45 pm

I like certain songs off of all of Avenged Sevenfold albums, they carry a good beat and good for drinking some beers too.

Now as to how good of artists they are or anything like that... i wont go there.

I'm just surprised that kids from Orange County California can play music like that Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 pm

Absolutely uncanny.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm

I like City of Evil, and the newest album has a few good songs on it... But the rest of their discography suck IMO. I can't stand the dudes screaming vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 2:28 pm

MetalH wrote:
I like City of Evil, and the newest album has a few good songs on it... But the rest of their discography suck IMO. I can't stand the dudes screaming vocals.

This is my opinion exactly.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
sam wrote:
xyz wrote:
Two words:

YOU BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Period. Smile

fixed
Really fixed.

Thanks dick. :kickbutt:

just kidding
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
sam wrote:
xyz wrote:
Two words:

I LIKE TO SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Period. Smile

fixed
Really fixed.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:33 am

Just got done listening to Nightmare and i must say it's up there as one of my favorite releases of 2010 so far. You can def hear a lot of the Rev's input on this album and the song Fiction just blows me away. Even if you don't like these guys give it a chance...

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:40 am

I've really been looking forward to this one. I've only heard "Nightmare" and "Buried Alive" and liked both. I would've had it last week but Best Buy screwed up on shipping it to me. I had it preordered. Hopefully it'll be here in the next few days.

I know it's cool on this board to hate on them, but I don't understand why. They have a lot of classic metal influences in their sound. They started out as metalcore but that was a long time ago and don't sound like that anymore. I guess people can't let go of the past.

BTW -- it should easily be taking the #1 spot on Billboard. Estimated to have sold about 175k in the first week! headbanger
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:28 pm

I've like these guys since I first heard "Bat Country" and they just seem to be getting better..... Nightmare is a great Hard rock/Metal album using 80's influences without mocking them or just jumping on a nostalgia bandwagon(like Trivium did for The Crusade album). They look and sound like that they are really invested into this sound.... and I like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:35 am

chewie wrote:
I've like these guys since I first heard "Bat Country" and they just seem to be getting better..... Nightmare is a great Hard rock/Metal album using 80's influences without mocking them or just jumping on a nostalgia bandwagon(like Trivium did for The Crusade album). They look and sound like that they are really invested into this sound.... and I like it.

Very well put Chewie.. These guys are def perfecting their sound and it's a killer sound indeed. A lot of focus goes on Shadows vocals but personally I find his voice unique and refreshing. Synyster also lays down some killer Dimebag/Slash worship on this album. Mike Portnoy, I mean really nothing needs to be said about that guy. He's a magician behind the kit....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenged Sevenfold   Avenged Sevenfold - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenged Sevenfold
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3