Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine

Go down 
+10
Mglaffas81
powermacho
Thrasher73
Eyesore
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Empty
PostSubject: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:53 am

First time I hearing anything about this...

Quote :
Dave Mustaine and Dan Spitz have joined forced in a brand new project called RED LAMB. The band's debut release, which will consist largely of the music Spitz previously recorded under the DEUXMONKEY banner with vocalist Wade Black (CRIMSON GLORY, SEVEN WITCHES, LEATHERWOLF), ACCEPT bassist Peter Baltes and drummer Patrick Johansson (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, W.A.S.P.), will be mixed by Johnny K.

Black announced his departure from DEUXMONKEY in April, explaining that the band's "songs were not up to my standards." He added that he gave Spitz "a verbal cease-and-desist on all my lyrics and vocals" in order to ensure that Wade's contributions would be completely wiped off the project's debut release.

In a December 2010 interview, Mustaine revealed that he helped fine-tune the songs on DEUXMONKEY's debut album after hearing some of the material in its early stages of development.

"[Dan] was working on a little side project, and I'd heard it a while ago and it kind of went by in passing 'cause he was just starting it," Mustaine said. "And I heard it about three weeks ago; he was almost done. And I said, 'Man, I love this record.' I said, 'And do you think it's done?' And he goes, 'Yeah.' And he goes, 'Why? What do you think?' And I said, 'Well, I would kind of do this and that.' And he goes, 'Really? Go ahead.' And I went, 'Really?' So I rolled up my sleeves and I completely dedicated myself to Danny's record for the last three weeks, working tirelessly in my studio on this record with him. And it's that good. I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing. Little bit of some smatterings of ANTHRAX because of the speed stuff, but it's much more modern and much more heavy sounding."

So if Wade Black is out, does this mean Dave is supplying guitar and vocals? Comparrisions to Disturbed and RATM don't fill me with much confidence though.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:11 pm

This will be better with Mustaine's influence than without it, but they definitely need a "real" singer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:12 pm

If they can make it sound like a cross between Peace Sells and Spreading the Disease, it will be cool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This will be better with Mustaine's influence than without it, but they definitely need a "real" singer.

Are you gonna volunteer your services?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Ripper will probably warn T.O.B. off this project.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm

Locky wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Ripper will probably warn T.O.B. off this project.

Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine 201269

I agree though that they need somebody other than Mustaine on vocals. That guy's voice is just fingernails on blackboard to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Quote :
I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing.

Um... check please!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say, DISTURBED, SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE kind of thing.

Um... check please!

See, that's what draws me in. I like all 3 of those bands in varying degrees and I'd like to see what Mustaine's more "straight-forward metal approach" could bring to the table.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:59 pm

I cant' stand Disturbed or RATM and I'm not much more than a casual fan of Soundgarden so that combo does nothin' for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:15 pm

I like early Disturbed and RATM and some Soundgarden so this interests me...but only provided Mustaine ain't singin'. Man I can't stand that guy's "voice".

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Um... check please!

So it's just a continuation of that Deuxmonkey project? That kinda kills it... I'll probably still check it out anyway. (out of curiousity)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:58 pm

haha, this is quite dumb!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
If they can make it sound like a cross between Peace Sells and Spreading the Disease, it will be cool.
Only that he just said it was like Disturbed, Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Only that he just said it was like Disturbed, Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine.

My mistake. I didn't read the first post... I thought they started a new project from scratch. (not the Deuxmonkey thing)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I cant' stand Disturbed or RATM and I'm not much more than a casual fan of Soundgarden so that combo does nothin' for me.

I'm no fan of Disturbed or RATM either. I dig old Soundgarden though. If Dave's implying that it's more "modern metal" sounding, I'll give it a chance. As long as there is no rapping or weird A-WAH-AH-WAH-AH noises, I'm cool with it.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:19 am

I like RATM and Soundgarden but I dont dig the Disturbed stuff.This could be decent
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:28 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I like RATM and Soundgarden but I dont dig the Disturbed stuff.This could be decent

Hmmm, I'd never peg you for a Rage fan. Learn some thing new everyday. Testify! Oddly enough, I do like Tom Morello's guitar work in Audioslave though. He's got a unique style.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:31 pm

I completely hate his guitar "solos" in Audioslave and think they have a lot of mediocre songwriting but I enjoy the first RATM album a lot for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I think someone mid-range and slightly raspy would probably fit this style the best.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Hmmm, I'd never peg you for a Rage fan. Learn some thing new everyday. Testify! Oddly enough, I do like Tom Morello's guitar work in Audioslave though. He's got a unique style.

Yeah I dig their sound,Lights Out,Guerilla Radio!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I completely hate his guitar "solos" in Audioslave and think they have a lot of mediocre songwriting but I enjoy the first RATM album a lot for what it is.

Wow, you're another one I never woulda pegged as a RATM fan. Go figure. As for Audioslave, I didn't give them much thought when they first came around. My brother gave me a cdr of their debut and maybe because I had no expectations whatsoever, I found it to be quite enjoyable. From what I've gathered though, most folks didn't care for them. The "supergroup" tag didn't live up to the end result.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Wow, you're another one I never woulda pegged as a RATM fan. Go figure. As for Audioslave, I didn't give them much thought when they first came around. My brother gave me a cdr of their debut and maybe because I had no expectations whatsoever, I found it to be quite enjoyable. From what I've gathered though, most folks didn't care for them. The "supergroup" tag didn't live up to the end result.

I like all kinds of stuff in different genres man and I think a lot of metal stinks.

Most supergroups don't deliver.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:00 pm

I hate everything about Audioslave. (one of the most boring bands ever)

But i like the music of the first couple RATM albums. I thought they were affiliated with the Beastie Boys when i first heard their debut. (The "Sabotage" style rap/rock)
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I would have to listen to beleived that mustaine would play modern style scratch
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:22 pm

powermacho wrote:
I would have to listen to beleived that mustaine would play modern style scratch

It's not that far fetched... remember Risk?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine   Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Lamb - Featuring Dan Spitz & Dave Mustaine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next