Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hard Rock / Metal Biographies

Go down 
+9
Leatherface
Addy
Wargod
JBall_Z
ultmetal
SpectreFate
Fat Freddy
325ad
BillRoxx
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Empty
PostSubject: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:12 am

OK, just finished reading RED the Sammy Hagar biogrpahy! I know I am in the minority in the fact that I am a Van Hagar fan more then a Van Halen fan! But the book was very cool!

Going to start on the new Steven Tyler one next! Then I am Ozzy!

Anyone else read RED or any other good rock bios?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:26 am

Bill - Head and Fieldy both have good books. In fact you can get Fieldy's book at Barnes and Noble for around 6 bucks. At least you can in OKC. LOL
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

The last rock bio I read was "I Slept With Joey Ramone" by Joey's brother, Mickey Leigh... fantastic book.

I was in the library over the weekend and was looking for Steven Tyler's new autobiography but they don't have it yet. They said it "should be in soon"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 9:26 am

I have the "Walk This Way" Aerosmith bio, Grace Slick, Jefferson Airplane bios and my favorite "Golf Monster" by Alice Cooper.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 10:45 am

I just finished reading the Rudy Sarzo biography about his time with Quiet Riot and the Blizzard of Ozz. It really focuses a lot on Randy Rhoads. A very enjoyable read.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 11:50 am

Currently reading "I Am Ozzy" and I am really enjoying it. I'd like to read the new bio on the rock band Sweet. I also intend to buy "This Is Gonna Hurt" by Nikki Sixx. If you've never read Nikki's "The Heroin Diaries...", I highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:12 pm

I just finished Eddie Trunks Essential Hard Rock & Metal.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:40 am

The last one I read was the Mustaine one I loved that, and I know Frehley is supposed to have one coming out and i know hes not metal but next tuesday is Scott Weiland's which I am anxiously awaiting to read heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:45 am

Addy wrote:
The last one I read was the Mustaine one I loved that, and I know Frehley is supposed to have one coming out and i know hes not metal but next tuesday is Scott Weiland's which I am anxiously awaiting to read heh

I read the Mustaine bio as well, just before I read the Sarzo biography. Good read.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:35 am

I read the Sarzo book and loved it!

Weiland will be interesting didn't know his book was out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:06 am

The only music related book I've read was Celtic Frost's Are You Morbid? That is a killer read! Just awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:33 am

Almost done with This is Gonna Hurt....I would bet Nikki's mind never stops, that's why he never died, his mind (and a jolt or two) has kept him going.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:37 am

Sounds like I should've picked up the Ozzy book when I saw it used/cheap. My big fear was the whole thing would be Sharon's telling of the Ozzy story. If I find another one I'll grab it.

At that same time I also almost got Vince Neil's book. But quickly looking through it the first thing I came upon was him complaining about all the tragedies that had "happened to him". Included in this list was Razzle's death. Maybe the rest of the book is heartfelt and he owns up to his actions, but I just was turned off by the way that statement was made.

I currently have Lemmy's White Line Fever already to read. Just need to find the time.

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:58 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
I read the Sarzo book and loved it!

Weiland will be interesting didn't know his book was out!

Comes out on Tuesday Im so anxious to read it
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:05 pm

I have read so many rock biographies that my list is endless
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Addy wrote:

I read the Mustaine bio as well, just before I read the Sarzo biography. Good read.

+1 Hard Rock / Metal Biographies 604261
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:07 am

I think of all the bios ive read in the last few years Mustaine's was my favorite then it would be Anthony Keidis'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard Rock / Metal Biographies   Hard Rock / Metal Biographies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard Rock / Metal Biographies
Page 1 of 1