Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends

Go down 
+4
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Empty
PostSubject: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Don't think too many folks here will care about this, but I dig me some rockabilly...And Lemmy of course

Quote :
Lemmy Kilmister (MOTÖRHEAD), Slim Jim Phantom (THE STRAY CATS) and Danny B. Harvey (ROCKATS, 13 CATS, LONESOME SPURS), have teamed up in a high-energy, "take-no-prisoners" combo to remind the world how real rock 'n roll is supposed to fuckin sound. HEADCAT (formerly THE HEAD CAT) serves up a delicious melting pot with flavors of rockabilly, punk, blues and undeniable rock 'n' roll!

HEADCAT was formed in 2000 after recording an Elvis Presley tribute special to which all band members contributed.

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends HCT_WalkTheWalk_Mens_T_BK_CF_090910
Quote :
The new HEADCAT album, "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk", is due to be released July 5, 2011 through Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her and late husband Ronnie James Dio formed before his untimely passing.

Twelve fantastic songs for "Walk The Walk, Talk The Talk" were chosen easily. HEADCAT prepare to take over the airwaves with their first single, "American Beat". "American Beat" is a song written in the studio — Lemmy had the words and the rest came together very quickly. "I Ain't Never" is one of the songs Lemmy really likes and Danny knew it — a real country, rockabilly number, full of love and ready to take you drifting away. "Let It Rock" is one of their favorite Chuck Berry tunes — THE ROLLING STONES did it a lot in their live show in the '70s — HEADCAT plays a different version. "Something Else" is a classic Eddie CochranLemmy came on stage with the STRAY CATS and jammed on it at a show in the '90s at Hammersmith Odeon so it came quite natural to take this on the record as well.

"Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk" track listing:

01. American Beat
02. Say Mama
03. I Ain't Never
04. Bad Boy
05. Shaking All Over
06. Let It Rock
07. Something Else
08. The Eagle Flies On Friday
09. Trying To Get To You
10. You Can't Do That
11. It'll Be Me
12. Crossroads

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Headcatpromo

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:47 pm

I might be interested in that if somebody besides Lemmy was on vocals.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I might be interested in that if somebody besides Lemmy was on vocals.

Doubtful. He did all the vocals on the last one, so I'm assuming he's still singing here too. I don't mind 'em.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:53 pm

The only time I've heard Head Cat was during a brief in-concert clip in the "Lemmy" documentary movie. It was weird but cool. Doubt it'd be something I'd buy though. I will say it was very odd seeing Lemmy playing in front of a bunch of senior citizens in poodle skirts. It looked like "Grease" in Hell.

A buddy of mine who lives in California has been to a couple of Head Cat gigs in the L.A. area. He'll probably be first in line to buy this CD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm

Quote :
It looked like "Grease" in Hell.

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends 201269

If I had a beverage right now, I woulda spit it all over my monitor.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:37 am

Don't suppose anyone but me got this album, huh?

Pfft! Posers!!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Quote :
I will say it was very odd seeing Lemmy playing in front of a bunch of senior citizens in poodle skirts.

But Lemmy IS a senior citizen... lol!

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Have them both, listen to them quite often.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Have them both, listen to them quite often.

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends 29150

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:03 pm

I checked out on youtube just now, til this thread I did not know Lemmy actually recorded anything with these guys, thought it was just a live thing he did around L.A. for fun
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:05 pm

manny wrote:
I checked out on youtube just now, til this thread I did not know Lemmy actually recorded anything with these guys, thought it was just a live thing he did around L.A. for fun

2 albums worth of old rock-a-billy tunes. The 1st album is more acoustic-based, whereas this newer one has electric gee-tar. Think Stray Cats with Lemmy's vocals.

P.S. I know that last sentance won't be a selling point for most of you. And to those I say "Bite me". Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends 209773

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Actually I like the Stray Cats, Brian Setzer is an interesting guitarist IMO
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 pm

manny wrote:
Actually I like the Stray Cats, Brian Setzer is an interesting guitarist IMO

It's funny I never really got into the Stray Cats, but I always kind of dug Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:28 am

I'd like to get this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Good stuff! They have "Walk The Walk...Talk The Talk" on Spotify for those interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends   Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headcat - Featuring Lemmy & Friends
Page 1 of 1