Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitsnake Live 1990

Go down 
+5
metalinmyveins
DeathCult
mez
SpectreFate
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Whitsnake Live 1990 Empty
PostSubject: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:56 am

Quote :
Whitesnake's 'Live At Donington 1990' DVD/live double CD set will now be available on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America, via Frontiers Records.
Whitesnake LIVE AT DONINGTON 1990 DVD track listing:
1. Slip Of The Tongue
2. Slide It In
3. Judgement Day
4. Slow An Easy
5. Kitten's Got Claws
6. Adagio For Strato
7. Flying Dutchman Boogie
8. Is This Love
9. Cheap An' Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)
11. Fool For Your Loving
12. For The Love Of God
13. The Audience Is Listening
14. Here I Go Again
15. Bad Boys
16. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
17. Still Of The Night
18. Bonus content: The Making of Slip of the Tongue; Slide Show

Whitesnake LIVE AT DONINGTON 1990 CD 1 track listing:
1. Slip Of The Tongue
2. Slide It In
3. Judgement Day
4. Slow An Easy
5. Kitten's Got Claws
6. Adagio For Strato
7. Flying Dutchman Boogie
8. Is This Love
9. Cheap An' Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)

Whitesnake LIVE AT DONINGTON 1990 CD 2 track listing:
1. Fool For Your Loving
2. For The Love Of God
3. The Audience Is Listening
4. Here I Go Again
5. Bad Boys
6. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
7. Still Of The Night

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:15 am

Unless they have eliminated Steve Vai on these tracks, I'll have to pass.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:54 am

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

Not a Vai fan?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:09 am

Looking forward to this! This captures a moment in time for me when I was big into Whitesnake, and I loved this line up.

On a side note Ult, oddly I could say that now about them again with these last 2 albums being so solid!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:27 am

I know this line up was all flash, but boy I'm looking forward to seeing it again and in proper quality this time.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:23 am

I'll most likely netflix this one since it sounds like the shows pretty good. I hated Slip Of The Tongue and never paid much attention to this era, but I like that tracklist so it looks like a revisit is in order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:

Not a Vai fan?

Not in Whitesnake. The whole blues side of the band is absent on "Slip".
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:54 am

I've actually got the bootleg of this concert, though not the DVD. I'll pass, since the boot I have sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:12 am

I like Steve Vai, but in the context of Whitesnake, I do not feel he fit in. Also we should remember he was brought in at the last minute when Vandenberg was injured, so I am not sure how much input if any Vai had in the way songs were arranged.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

On the SLIP OF THE TONGUE 20th ANNIVERSARY edition their were already two songs (on cd+dvd) recorded live from DONINGTON 1990 (SLIP OF THE TONGUE and KITTEN GOT CLAWS), and the are super cool, i need to buy this live album 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:01 am

I just picked this up today after going to the mall with my girls. The audio is awesome on this, which it should since it was given a good go over by Doug Aldrich and Bjorn Thorsrud.
Most if not all of the songs played on this do take a life of their own and sport modified arrangements from their studio counterparts. And I am surprised at how much more Vandenberg took the lead on many tracks and did a majority of the solos.
As been posted above, this 1990 line up was an over the top group that sure knew how to both play well and be , how shall I say it, lets say that Janick Gers is definitely channeling his stage prancing and goofiness from both Vai and Sarzo from this period. The band had it's fair share of cringe worthy stage moves.
The video is without a doubt very "B" grade. I do think that does have its own charm giving this a feel that looks and feels more late 70"s than 1990 in it's filming and production. Sort of like those old Midnight Specials and Don Kirchner Rock Concerts. The behind the scenes footage is narrated by Coverdale himself and is very humorous.
I like all eras of Whitesnake to varying degree, and this line up was another testament that Coverdale sure knows how to pick great players.
Back to top Go down
lynch
Metal novice
Metal novice
lynch

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I was at this very concert and hearing/seeing this brings back lots of memories. The two years while I was stationed in Germany were great years for concerts, especially this one. I miss stuff like this, Monsters of Rock and Clash Of The Titans tours.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitsnake Live 1990   Whitsnake Live 1990 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitsnake Live 1990
Page 1 of 1