Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'

Go down 
+8
nevermore
krokus
MetalGuy71
exact33
ultmetal
Lurideath
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 am

headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger

This might have been the year that Judas Priest released their overly-polished, popish metal letdown "Turbo", but that didn't mean that they couldn't seriously kick your ass anymore - they are on the top of their game here! MINDBLOWING performance! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah, this was by far one of the best songs on that album, along with "The Sentinel".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 am

The whole album is kick ass!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:17 am

Saw them twice on that tour, once at the Spectrum in Philly and then again at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ. If I recall correctly, it was Great White opening both shows.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:39 am

Lurideath wrote:

Even "Private Property" and "Parental Guidance"?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, this was by far one of the best songs on that album, along with "The Sentinel".

You do mean the "Defenders of the Faith" album, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Saw them twice on that tour, once at the Spectrum in Philly and then again at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ. If I recall correctly, it was Great White opening both shows.

the spectrum has free air conditoning now Razz There isnt much left outside of the giant speakers since I was up at sports complex last...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 12:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

the spectrum has free air conditoning now Razz There isnt much left outside of the giant speakers since I was up at sports complex last...

It's nothing but a hole in the ground now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Great song and great show.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Yes it is!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Yes I was referring to Defender's of the Faith. Defender's is what got me into the band when I 1st heard it way back when.

I like all their albums, but Nostradaumus is my least favorite of them all.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 pm

In my agreement of Shannon's post, I was referring to Defenders Of The Faith.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 pm

I saw 'em on that tour. Unfortunately, the glam effect had taken hold of even the mighty Priest by '86 and the live album from that tour (Priest Live!) was pretty lame.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 1:03 am

This song was my favourite back when i owned a BMW M3 in 1999.

Made me speed bad!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:02 am

I actually like Priest... Live! a lot. Maybe a bit too many Turbo songs and not enough 70's songs, but we already got a full 70's set with Unleashed in the East, so they just complete each other. I was pretty happy they included the concert video on the Electric Eye DVD, though I think I've watched it only like once or twice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am

ultmetal wrote:

Are you talkin' about the TURBO tour? (The clip shown above is from the '86 TURBO tour, even tho the song is from DEFENDERS...) Cuz I saw the TURBO tour at the Meadowlands as well, and Dokken were the openers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'    Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Freewheel Burning Live 86'
Page 1 of 1