Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.

Go down 
+36
akeldama
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Lari
QuothTheRaven
corplhicks
Boris2008
Hadley
Sutekh
SpectreFate
jettafiend
Wurthless
krail
chewie
T-Roy
Mglaffas81
DevZor
Dark Horseman
mc666
bassman
jstate
Alex Dee Rokket
EvyMetal
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
kmorg
exact33
James B.
MetalGuy71
Joe
manny
Fat Freddy
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:16 am

You need to do a review of 1982's sleaze classic "Vice Squad" starring Wings Hauser.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:29 am

^^ I'll have to take that one under advisement, S.!

Anywhoo, got a new one today:

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 6889702_f260

Finally knocked one off my "Comic Geek Bucket List" by seeing the semi legendary "unreleased" version of The Fantastic Four from 1994... my review can be found here...

http://hub.me/adJdD

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

So it's fun in a campy sort of way?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
So it's fun in a campy sort of way?

Oh yeah, totally. If they'd released this as a live action Saturday morning kids' show ala "Power Rangers" it probably would've been a hit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Been on a roll this week... my "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" series has two new entries:

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 6947372_f260
Kix - MIDNITE DYNAMITE
http://hub.me/adP7P

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 6947335_f260
Metal Church - BLESSING IN DISGUISE
http://hub.me/adPaq

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Nice though it pains me you call Blessing a forgotten album as it's one of my favorites. Though I love Wayne those albums with Howe are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Nice though it pains me you call Blessing a forgotten album as it's one of my favorites. Though I love Wayne those albums with Howe are my favorites.

It may not be considered "forgotten" by the band's hardcore fans, but Blessing... doesn't get half of the love that their S/T does.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:05 pm

No and many metal fans can't even name another album after the first one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:07 pm

That's my favorite Kix album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

In my mind it's the only Kix album really worth listening to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
In my mind it's the only Kix album really worth listening to.

The debut KIX album (produced by Tom Allom) stomps all over the rest of their discography.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

I like all of Kix's albums to some degree, but I was listening to Midnite Dynamite a bunch last week and it just "hit the spot" for me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like all of Kix's albums to some degree, but I was listening to Midnite Dynamite a bunch last week and it just "hit the spot" for me.

Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy Midnight Dynamite and to a lesser degree Cool Kids and Blow My Fuse. But they never reached the energy/excitement level of their debut.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:19 am

Nice job on Kix. Not really sure why I don't have more of their albums. I only recently upgraded my long-gone tape copy of Hot Wire about a year ago to go along with Blow My Fuse, the only 2 albums I own.

I've always enjoyed both of those and I even remember my old roommate having the Funny Money debut and thinking, "Well, this just sounds like a continuation of Kix".

With a fairly short discography, I really should get around to picking up their others.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 am

Thanx boss. Glancing at Amazon, it looks like you can get their Cool Kids and s/t debut fairly cheap, but it appears that Midnite Dynamite is on its way to becoming a pricey collectible... happy hunting!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thanx boss. Glancing at Amazon, it looks like you can get their Cool Kids and s/t debut fairly cheap, but it appears that Midnite Dynamite is on its way to becoming a pricey collectible... happy hunting!

Ain't that a b*tch? I used to see that album all the time in the used bins back in the day and always thought, "Eh, maybe next time". Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 am

So the Kix debut and Cool Kids albums are good too?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

That was the album I discovered KIX with thanks to cool video to 'Cold Shower'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:02 am

The clips I'm listening to on Amazon for Cool Kids sounds a little, uh, iffy...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I like the album ok, but its a bit limp wristed compared to their debut and the albums that followed. Their label wanted to turn them into a sackless version of Cheap Trick with a touch of new wave influence in the songs and production.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I like the album ok, but its a bit limp wristed compared to their debut and the albums that followed. Their label wanted to turn them into a sackless version of Cheap Trick with a touch of new wave influence in the songs and production.

Yea, that sounds about right. I'm hearing some very 80's synths mixed in with guitars. Ick!!

There is an import box set on ebay for $20 and you get their first 5 albums packaged all together. Since I only have Blow My Fuse and Hot Wire, I was thinking of nabbing it for the other 3.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, that sounds about right. I'm hearing some very 80's synths mixed in with guitars. Ick!!

There is an import box set on ebay for $20 and you get their first 5 albums packaged all together. Since I only have Blow My Fuse and Hot Wire, I was thinking of nabbing it for the other 3.

I have seen those, they are good bargain, they also have one of those sets for Loudness, Cheap Trick and few other artist, they are not jewel cases, all I believe are card board/digi pack type cases but you can't beat it for that price
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:36 am

Cool Kids sounds kinda like Cheap Trick and the Cars had a baby. There are some good tracks on it, though. I particularly like "Restless Blood" and the ballad "For Shame."

...and hey, MG, there's a track on Cool Kids called "Get Your Monkeys Out!" Figured that might appeal to you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am

Quote :
...and hey, MG, there's a track on Cool Kids called "Get Your Monkeys Out!" Figured that might appeal to you.

The last time I let my monkey out, I spent the night in the drunk tank. drunken

Quote :
I have seen those, they are good bargain, they also have one of those sets for Loudness, Cheap Trick and few other artist, they are not jewel cases, all I believe are card board/digi pack type cases but you can't beat it for that price

I'll keep my eye on it for now. Might be worth it just to get Midnight Dynamite.

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 pm

MG, I've said it before but I guess it bears repeating; their debut album is their best record...and was produced by Tom Allom (Judas Priest).

Cool Kids is "kitschy" and sounds nothing like their other albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.   My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc. - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My blog on HubPages.com - Reviews of Music, Movies, etc.
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next