Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slayer Anyone?

Go down 
+21
Nico
dark avenger
TheDoctor'sScarf
Jesusandmetal23
MoonChild
adrian
Leatherface
Wargod
metalhead777
Alex Dee Rokket
Stender
mc666
Lurideath
jstate
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Joe
SpectreFate
Thrasher73
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

My Favorite song off my favorite Slayer album

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:40 pm

No thanks.

Next!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Slayer on a Friday? Hell yeah!

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 pm

"Face the Slayer" may be my favorite song of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I've never been more than a casual Slayer fan to be honest, but I do own and dig the three albums that I feel are the "pillars" of their catalog - HELL AWAITS, REIGN IN BLOOD and SEASONS IN THE ABYSS.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've never been more than a casual Slayer fan to be honest, but I do own and dig the three albums that I feel are the "pillars" of their catalog - HELL AWAITS, REIGN IN BLOOD and SEASONS IN THE ABYSS.

Agreed. All 3 are great. The others I have of their's aren't too bad either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Agreed. All 3 are great. The others I have of their's aren't too bad either.

Yea, I have a couple of others too (CHRIST ILLUSION and WORLD PAINTED BLOOD) and they're cool, but when I'm in a Slayer mood I usually reach for one of the "pillars" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Excellent!

I tend to listen to Seasons the most.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 pm

LeMorte d'Arthur wrote:
No thanks.

Next!

Get outta my thread ya bastard
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 pm

The three "pillars" are all beyond excellent, but over time I've come to consider South Of Heaven to be their masterpiece. That one just stands above the others for me. Really have a ton of love for that record.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 pm

I haven't heard SOUTH OF HEAVEN in a long time but if I ever come across it in the used bin I'd likely pick it up. What little I do remember of it, I liked.

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

South of Heaven's biggest flaw was being the release after Reign in Blood.

It's excellent!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:26 pm

great band, not a bad song or album. you can't go wrong with any of them.

this is probably my favorite Slayer song though.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Either hell awaits or chemical warfare EP are my favorates but I pretty much agree with Freddy's Pillers.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 pm

I have Slayer on daily rotation.

Been Slayerized for about a decade now but my favorite one humm... Seasons in the Abyss (the album) imo represents Slayer at their 80s stylistic peak. Something about that album that combines all the elements that made Slayer good from Show No Mercy thru to South of Heaven into one package.

I used to only like Slayer's 80s albums for a while (late 90s early 00s). At the time I thought Divine Intervention was too all over the place and Diabolus in Musica too trendy / commercial sounding. In any case I didn't like the production on either of those albums.

But since Christ Illusion I have gone back to their post-Seasons albums (including GHUA) and I am finding a lot of stuff on there that I like. It's different from 80s Slayer focusing on heavier riffs than full throttled aggression - in a way it's almost like AC/DC newer albums which sound slower yet still retain that identifiable hard rock / bluesy mix.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:40 pm

I love tons of metal and always have since 1973 but Slayer was one band that really never floated my boat. But I am finally warming up to them abit it has taken me almost 30 years.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:52 pm

If you like thrash metal, Slayer are a no brainer - in some respects they are about as good as it can get (although other bands can do similar if not better) and about as stock as it can get (yet still some can do worse)
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Can't go wrong with Slayer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:14 pm

The only Slayer album I own is Show No Mercy which also includes Haunting the Chapel. Only other album I'm really interested in seeking out is Hell Awaits. I know a lot of people consider Reign in Blood - Seasons their best, but it just doesn't appeal to me quite as much as the earlier stuff.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 12:43 am

Seasons in the Abyss is my favourite Slayer song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slayer Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slayer Anyone?   Slayer Anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer Anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next