Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"The MetalZone"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

"The MetalZone" Empty
PostSubject: "The MetalZone"   "The MetalZone" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:37 pm

Does anyone else know what I mean? scratch I used to listen faithfully as a kid in the mid to late 80's every Saturday night from midnight until 2 am. Dr. Metal (he was a cool guy, met him a few times, real name was Paul) would play everything from Accept to Z...(sorry, i'm blanking). Anyway, it's still on they kept it going after he died in the Station Night Club fire where Great White were playing. I still have some cassettes of old shows as far back as '86 and they take me back to being a young headbanger. I found it really cool when I went off to college in New Hampshire in 1992 and I met a few guys who had done the same with their local metal radio show and we made copies of each others favorite tapes. It was cool to see what other dj's were choosin' to play. Anyway, if you have a similar story please share. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

"The MetalZone" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The MetalZone"   "The MetalZone" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 am

before my time i guess. not that i ever listened to radio much anyway.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

"The MetalZone" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The MetalZone"   "The MetalZone" Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 10:06 am

I have memories(and video tapes recorded) from HEADBANGERS BALL) but their was also a radio program ones a week, EMISION PIRATA. They played cool metal and also demos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"The MetalZone" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The MetalZone"   "The MetalZone" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The MetalZone"
Page 1 of 1