Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died

Go down 
+18
ZetaReticuli
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
exact33
manny
Troublezone
ultmetal
thejokeriv
krokus
MoonChild
Igor
nevermore
Gilbert
mc666
Required Fields
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:37 pm

krokus wrote:
I think he was a good person, not a smurf poo head, and if he is tired of his life, its better if he ends it by SUICIDE. If not he would be not happy and just do harm to others with his depressions. Life is to short to waste time by being depressed and make other people feel like smurf poo.

I don't feel that suicide, no matter how severe is the answer to cure one's depression.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 4:11 pm

manny wrote:
krokus wrote:
I think he was a good person, not a smurf poo head, and if he is tired of his life, its better if he ends it by SUICIDE. If not he would be not happy and just do harm to others with his depressions. Life is to short to waste time by being depressed and make other people feel like smurf poo.

I don't feel that suicide, no matter how severe is the answer to cure one's depression.

Totally agree 100% with you Manny. Suicide sucks period. Offing your self is not the way to handle depression or any problem. My Dad committed suicide and to see comments like the one above are just not cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:52 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
krokus wrote:

Totally agree 100% with you Manny. Suicide sucks period. Offing your self is not the way to handle depression or any problem. My Dad committed suicide and to see comments like the one above are just not cool.

Agree! Suicide does not just effect the person committing suicide, it hurts the ones left behind, and in many cases very severly.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Very sad indeed... No matter what the reason...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:46 pm

This is sad and if he did indeed commit suicide it is even sadder.

I also agree with some of the above posts on how the deaths of other well known musicians in metal has put mortality for many into perspective. We have to remember that rock n roll and heavy metal aren't that old. Both genres are still relatively new when compared to say classical music; when one of our own heroes and brethren passes away for whatever cause that may be it hits home harder than say an actor or politician passing away.

It also puts things into perspective, makes some question and others feel anxious and perhaps even depressed. Although the heavy metal genre is rich in high quality material that has not always translated into fame and fortune for those responsible for the songs and albums we love. Often time few will enjoy the true fruits of their success while most will still be left struggling to carve out a living for themselves.

Some musicians do it for the love of it, in fact I would say most do if they have stuck at this game for as long as Scott Columbus did but no matter the amount of dedication and passion, a man still has to eat at the end of the day. With the economy being in a slump, with the music industry slowly and painfully being corroded and washed down the drain, and with influential musicians passing away it is no doubt that even the most resilient artists will fall prey to and succumb to depression.

I really hope this is not the case here but whatever the case the death of anyone is a depressing and should not be glorified or wished upon anyone. Helpless as always in the face of time and our inevitable temporariness on this earth, all we can do is pay our respects and hope that wherever Scott Columbus is now he is at peace with himself and in a much better place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died   Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Manowar drummer Scott Columbus has died
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2