Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Empty
PostSubject: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 am

Beady Eye is the new band from Oasis' Liam Gallagher. I think a coupla other guys from Oasis are in the band as well. I just stumbled upon them reading a small review in People Magazine of all places! Yes, my wife gets People Magazine and yes, I read it when I'm in the crapper. Moving on...

I checked out some samples on Amazon and it sounds pretty good to me. Just based on the clips, it doesn't seem that far removed from what Oasis is known for. Beatles inspired, poppy Brit-rock. If that's your bag, you might enjoy Beady Eye. If you're of the opinion that the Gallagher brothers are nothing but pretentious twats, well, what are you reading this for?

Here's Amazon's sales pitch:
Quote :

Product Description

2011 debut album from this band made up of Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer and Andy Bell from Oasis. Different Gear, Still Speeding features 13 brand new songs written by the band and recorded at RAK Studios in autumn 2010 with producer Steve Lillywhite. Beady Eye is raw Rock 'n' Roll one minute, and classic Pop the next from the raucous Jerry Lee Lewis and Stones inspired "Bring The Light" to the Merseybeat wonder of "For Anyone," to the stomping T-Rex glam of "The Roller" to the pounding "Millionaire" and "Four Letter Word." It sounds like a debut record by a band just starting out with a huge appetite for music...and the results are nothing short of astonishing.

Works for me.

Check out samples of Different Gear Still Speeding:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LGPBZI/ref=s9_simh_bw_p15_d2_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0QVC4SJ64T1YX0GB9BTN&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1247290242&pf_rd_i=5174

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:09 pm

I am an Oasis fan and will check this out,
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Always enjoyed the music but couldn't stand the Gallaghers' bickering. Hopefully that's all in the past and it's now just about the music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 am

Sutekh wrote:
Always enjoyed the music but couldn't stand the Gallaghers' bickering. Hopefully that's all in the past and it's now just about the music.

I don't think Noel is involved in this one, just Liam, so that shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully anyway.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 am

Bump for Manny.

This album is really good. As expected it's not far off from Oasis. Very catchy. Liam's really got that John Lennon-vibe down pat.

PostSubject: Re: Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*   Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beady Eye *Oasis Fans, Take Note*
Page 1 of 1