Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new SIXX: A.M.

Go down 
+14
glassprison
Glower
Thrasher73
holydiver97595
manny
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
JBall_Z
krokus
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Getizzyback
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:13 pm

Just cant get into their sound for some reason.I've always liked Sixx.He was always the best of part of Crue IMO.I do like some modern sounding bands if you will,but I would rather listen to stuff like Stone Sour instead of this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

New Sixx:AM album coming out Oct 7th if anyone cares...

new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Sixxammodernvintagecdnew

01. Stars
02. Gotta Get It Right
03. Relief
04. Get Ya Some
05. Let's Go
06. Drive
07. Give Me A Love
08. Hyperventilate
09. High On The Music
10. Miracle
11. Before It's Over

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:31 am

Don't make me laugh SIXX !!
Him being on that LA INK - tattoo show - with Kat Von Dee - give me a break -
His book " Heroin Diaries " wasn't even that good...just a few pages here and there -
He's like Sebation Bach now -
 Laughing very hard 
Vince had the best solo Crue cd with " Exposed "
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:43 am

Hearing them talk about it is annoying because you know the album is not going to be anything like how they are describing it.

The first single is a decent pop song, but nothing resembling the eclectic vision they are raving about in the above video.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 am

"...and then there's moments on the record that sound like they were recorded in a time that hasn't even happened yet..."

WTF?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:34 pm

big giant yawn. The song ("gotta get it right") is wrong. The hook in the chord progression don't even match the hook in the vocal melody. scratch 

In the interview segment, I was waiting for Sixx to say "it sounds like Destroyer meets Revenge" Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:38 pm

hahahhaha I like the first 2 albums. This new single is too happy for them and I couldnt listen to the whole thing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:23 pm

I just can't get into this band.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 6:20 pm

The only songs I ever think about listening to are "Van Nuys," "Life is Beautiful" and "Sure Feels Right."
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 7:27 pm

The song posted above is nowhere near as bad as this cover from the upcoming album:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Another new Sixx A.M. album coming soon...April 29th to be exact...if anyone cares

new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Sixx-AM-CD-cover-300x300

01. Rise
02. You Have Come To The Right place
03. I’m Sick
04. Prayers For The Damned
05. Better Man
06. Can’t Stop
07. When We Were Gods
08. Belly Of The Beast
09. Everything Went To Hell
10. The Last Time (My Heart Will Hit The Ground)
11. Rise Of The Melancholy Empire

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2016 3:03 pm

So I guess this is going to be Volume 1 of a 2 part album, with a 2nd Volume forthcoming as well. Nikki certainly has been prolific since putting the Crue to rest. 3 full-length albums (with 4 & 5 coming soon) and a few ep's since 2007.

Since someone's bound to say it, here it goes. "Well, making music this simple/bad/craptacular, it's easy to spit out albums so fast". I'll counter by saying it's five albums and 3 ep's more than any of us collectively have put out in that time frame. What a Face

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am

...just waitin' for Tommy Lee to give us another stellar Methods of Mayhem album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:36 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
...just waitin' for Tommy Lee to give us another stellar Methods of Mayhem album.

Are you kidding me? Rap-rock is out. Tommy will be jumping on the country bandwagon any minute now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Are you kidding me? Rap-rock is out. Tommy will be jumping on the country bandwagon any minute now.

Now that you mention it, I am really surprised that has not happened yet.

Also, Unless Mick's stuff with Corabi turns out to be good, I think that the only non-Crue thing I like from any Cruester is Vince's Exposed (and that song "Tattoos and Tequila" from a few years ago was okay).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:24 am

Picked up the band's latest release prayers for the blessed. Surprisingly this is a very good album.

Planning on ordering prayers for the damned. Recommended?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 10:06 am

Gilbert wrote:
Picked up the band's latest release prayers for the blessed. Surprisingly this is a very good album.

Planning on ordering prayers for the damned. Recommended?

I recently re-visited the first 2 Sixx AM albums and now I'm flirting with the idea of getting more. It's decent modern rock.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 1:37 am

I dig this band. Not amazing or anything, but solid modern rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new SIXX: A.M.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2