Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benedictum - UNCREATION

Go down 
+2
mc666
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Benedictum - UNCREATION Empty
PostSubject: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:34 pm

Anybody here into this excellent new (well, they're new to me anyway) San Diego band?
I got their UNCREATION disc (2006) via Lala.com about a month ago and I'm just now getting a chance to give it more than a quick spin (yea, I was pretty backlogged with Lala receives, and I'm slowly getting caught up on'em all...that's one of the reasons I'm on "vacation mode" on Lala right now, LOL). Anyway, this band is awesome!! Kinda sounds like Dio-era Black Sabbath on 21st Century steroids, with a female singer (Veronica Freeman) who is not only easy on the eyes, but she can WAIL too. She sounds like a combo of Lee Aaron and Doro Pesch. This is some awesome old-school leather-and-studs style stuff. My fave songs are the title track, "Misogyny," "Wicca" and the two Sabbath covers ("Heaven And Hell" and "The Mob Rules").
If you've heard'em, what do y'all think?

Here's a pic of the lovely Ms. Freeman as well...

Benedictum - UNCREATION Benedictum
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:05 pm

yeah i have this. i like the song Ashes To Ashes real well. the 2 black sabbath covers on a debut is a little silly though. i'd rather have heard more original material.

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:24 pm

I've listened to the samples on their web page. That sounds really great. The voice of Veronica Freeman is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:27 pm

mc666 wrote:
yeah i have this. i like the song Ashes To Ashes real well. the 2 black sabbath covers on a debut is a little silly though. i'd rather have heard more original material.

Yea, I agree, having two Sabbath covers on the disc is a bit of overkill, but if nothing else it makes it pretty obvious who their major influence is... Wink
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Man, give that girl some clothes! Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:05 pm

kmorg wrote:

Why? She looks just fine to me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Why? She looks just fine to me. Very Happy
& here i was thinking if only she had on less Evil or Very Mad

7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anybody here into this excellent new (well, they're new to me anyway) San Diego band?
I got their UNCREATION disc (2006) via Lala.com about a month ago and I'm just now getting a chance to give it more than a quick spin (yea, I was pretty backlogged with Lala receives, and I'm slowly getting caught up on'em all...that's one of the reasons I'm on "vacation mode" on Lala right now, LOL). Anyway, this band is awesome!! Kinda sounds like Dio-era Black Sabbath on 21st Century steroids, with a female singer (Veronica Freeman) who is not only easy on the eyes, but she can WAIL too. She sounds like a combo of Lee Aaron and Doro Pesch. This is some awesome old-school leather-and-studs style stuff. My fave songs are the title track, "Misogyny," "Wicca" and the two Sabbath covers ("Heaven And Hell" and "The Mob Rules").
If you've heard'em, what do y'all think?

Here's a pic of the lovely Ms. Freeman as well...

Benedictum - UNCREATION Benedictum
Remind you of anything, Toho? just kidding This band and album rule! 10/10 Not to mention the lovely Sister Freeman, Metal Gods be praised! cheers Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:43 pm

I have this as my avatar at RI right now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 2:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I have this as my avatar at RI right now.
cheers crazy happy cool :glee: Check the other thread! Benedictum - UNCREATION 69126
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benedictum - UNCREATION   Benedictum - UNCREATION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benedictum - UNCREATION
Page 1 of 1