Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saliva

Go down 
+14
Hadley
Gilbert
Stender
JBall_Z
Vexer6
mlotek
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
troublemagnet
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
nevermore
manny
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
hat's why I've never heard Ween, Garbage,Cake, Sublime, Godsmack, Coal Chamber,Nickleback, etc. If your band has a lame name, forget it.
Then you're definitely missing out. Garbage brag front-woman Shirley Manson and Version 2.0 is a classic of the '90s. Cake are probably one of the lyrically intelligent bands I've ever heard and the off-beat delivery mixed of the vocals in with infectious guitars is great. Sublime just live up to their name.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Smindas wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
hat's why I've never heard Ween, Garbage,Cake, Sublime, Godsmack, Coal Chamber,Nickleback, etc. If your band has a lame name, forget it.
Cake are probably one of the lyrically intelligent bands I've ever heard and the off-beat delivery mixed of the vocals in with infectious guitars is great. Sublime just live up to their name.

You want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Haha, touche. But listen to an album like Fashion Nugget and you might see what I mean. I can't get enough of tracks like 'Friend Is A Four Letter Word' and 'Open Book', primarily because of the lyrics employed.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:43 pm

I actually like most of Comfort Eagle but I have to be in the mood for it. Definitely a different sound.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Yeah, they're definitely not one of those bands you can listen to all the time. But when the mood arises, they really hit the spot.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 am

Are they metal anyway?

I mean real metal, not claiming the title.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 am

I don't think they've ever put out a GREAT album but their albums aren't terrible either. Every album they've done has a handful of good songs.

They started out as rap rock and then became alternative radio rock/southern rock. The new album comes out later this month. I had heard last year there was going to be some rap on this one by I'm not sure why they'd want to do that as there's no nostalgia factor playing for rap rock at this moment.

Surivival of the Sickest I think was their most praised album, that's when they really started to let their southern and classic rock roots show but I like Cinco Diablo best.

Put it this way, I like them enough that I'm looking forward to the new album. Here's the single from the new album, I think it's decent radio rock:

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Bought it today. It's pretty good. I thought Cinco Diablo was their best and this one may give that album a run for its money. There's only about 2 songs that sound like the old rap-metal Saliva, the rest is regular post grunge/alternative rock/metal/whatever.

Favorites so far are: "Nothing", "Never Should've Let You Go", "Toxic Suicide", "Turn The Lights On"
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:43 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
I'd recommend you listen to they're albums-"Blood Stained Love Story" "Cinco Diablo" and "Survival Of The Sickest"

Thanks.

Now see, I'm different. I really like "Every Six Seconds" and "Back Into Your System", but was disappointed with "Survival of the Sickest" and never listened to anything that followed.

Love the Nikki Sixx penned song "Rest in Pieces" from "Back Into Your System".

Ult, sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm not a fan of rap metal, and frankly, there isn't that much rap on the first two Saliva albums. At the time of the first Saliva releases, Saliva was getting slammed for adding absolutlely nothing to the current scene. That may be the case, but I wasn't paying enough attention to the current scene to know if that was true or not, and I didn't really care. My brother liked Saliva and they were opening for KISS, so I checked them out. I liked what I heard, especially come chorus time (check out After Me, Greater Than/Less Than, Lackluster etc). I don't care what anybody thinks, it still sounds good to my ears. I'm listening to Every Six Seconds right now. Good stuff. On Survival of the Sickest they changed direction. Of course, it was off-putting since I liked the first two CDs. Anyway, I own Survival of the Sickest, so I may give it another spin. I might like it more this time 'round.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:57 am

"Under My Skin" IMO isn't quite as good as "Love Story" or "Diablo" but it's still pretty good, my favorite tracks are "Burn It Up" "Badass" "Hate Me" and "Spotlight"
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:25 am

Crap is all I say!

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saliva - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saliva   Saliva - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saliva
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2