Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Under The Radar...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Was scopin out Ebay and came across this band. Zed Yago, from Germany.
Never heard of them before....

Anybody else have some "under the radar" type tunage ?

Laterz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm

That's pretty good actually. The video is a little "Spinal Tap-ish" but the music's not bad.

How about this one? I think this band picked up the mantle that Blind Guardian dropped after Nightfall.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

I wouldnt call ZED YAGO "under the radar" since they were on major label and quite well known in their heyday, in Europe at least.

They changed name to VELVET VIPER and released a milestone album in 1991 - one of the best epic heavy metal albums with female singer

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:44 pm

stormspell wrote:
I wouldnt call ZED YAGO "under the radar" since they were on major label and quite well known in their heyday, in Europe at least.

They changed name to VELVET VIPER and released a milestone album in 1991 - one of the best epic heavy metal albums with female singer

Just because a band may have a major label release or two does not negate them from being called "under the radar". (IMHO) I can't speak of what was going on overseas cause I wasn't there back then to know. Here in the states, they were pretty much unknown.
My travels playing the various regional club circuits gave me no exposure to the band or thier music by other musicians or any publications. That in itself, doesn't mean there was "nothing" but it does say alot as to how unknown they were here in America at that time.

Thanks for the clip on the band they became. They were "under the radar" here as far as I know and am concerned.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That's pretty good actually. The video is a little "Spinal Tap-ish" but the music's not bad.

How about this one? I think this band picked up the mantle that Blind Guardian dropped after Nightfall.

Never heard of them either, but the song sounds very "familar"

Under The Radar... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Under The Radar...   Under The Radar... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under The Radar...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: