Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In an "indie rock" mood today...

Go down 
+2
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

In an "indie rock" mood today... Empty
PostSubject: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:33 am

So I set my Pandora station to pull in bands like Pedro The Lion, Red House Painters & Iron & Wine...

I love this stuff...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:11 am

My station has played a couple of Beck songs that surprised me...I never knew he had an indie folk/americana side...

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:43 am

I hope you get better. Take an aspirin as needed. In an "indie rock" mood today... 170371
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 am

The girlfriend had Throwing Muses - Hunkapapa playing in the car. And I must've been in a similar mood cuz did I ever find it to be a great album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:57 am

I've heard of Throwing Muses, but never heard them...

OK, 4 hours of indie rock has done me good...time to switch back over:

NP: Avenger Of Blood - Poserslaughter

headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Quote :
OK, 4 hours of indie rock

That equates to about 15 minutes of waterboarding for me, but to each his own. :geek:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
OK, 4 hours of indie rock

That equates to about 15 minutes of waterboarding for me, but to each his own. :geek:

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 pm

I like singer/songwriter type stuff, will listen occasionally to newer artists just to see what's out there.

I really like Neko Case for example.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I've heard of Throwing Muses, but never heard them...

OK, 4 hours of indie rock has done me good...time to switch back over:

NP: Avenger Of Blood - Poserslaughter

headbanger

The Throwing Muses are great featured Kristen Hersh and Tanya Donelly, Hersh also released a couple of great solo albums in the 90's and Donelly was on the first Breeders album 'Pod' and later formed the short lived but killer band Belly
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 pm

Wasn't Belly the band who did "Feed The Tree"?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Wasn't Belly the band who did "Feed The Tree"?

Yes they were
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 pm

If you're ever in an indie mood again, check out these bands:

Two bands I've recently been re-adding to my collection after selling their albums in the Air Force. Great stuff.

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:31 am

Quote :
The Throwing Muses are great featured Kristen Hersh and Tanya Donelly, Hersh also released a couple of great solo albums in the 90's and Donelly was on the first Breeders album 'Pod' and later formed the short lived but killer band Belly

I always forget Tanya Donelly was in Throwing Muses. Belly would be near the top of any list I made of alternative 90's bands. They had an awesome bassist (Gail something was her name, I believe) who looked like Iggy Pop's cute younger sister and could really go. One of my favorite live versions of a song ever was seeing them do "Slow Dog" at radio station festival.

Looking it up - Gail Greenwood was her name. And not surprisingly she did time in L7 and with Bif Naked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In an "indie rock" mood today...   In an "indie rock" mood today... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In an "indie rock" mood today...
Page 1 of 1