Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hirax Recommendations?

Go down 
+12
nevermore
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
Olafsto
Gilbert
DallasBlack
rawr!
Stender
stevegarveyfan
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Hirax Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey everyone, I have heard a little of Hirax's stuff lately, and I like some of it pretty well. I really enjoyed the track "Bombs of Death". It has that fast thrash thing going on, and I'm looking for any Hirax albums that sound similar to that, with the added caveat that I don't like profanity.

Which of their albums do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:02 pm

The album that bombs of death is off of is called "raging violence" Both the first two albums sound pretty much the same. So if you like bombs of death look into that one and "hate fear and power". You can get them both on one disc called "not dead yet". It was reissued around the time new age of terror came out so you should be able to find it pretty easily.

I think the two best albums are "new age of terror" and the newest one "el rostro del muerte". The EP's rule also...Hirax rips no matter what album you put in really..ha.

Last edited by Stender on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:19 pm

theres no hirax full length i dont recommend. if you wanna grab their earlier material, not dead yet is a rerelease of their first two full lengths. el rostro de la muerte, their latest (2009) full length, is a high quality reflection of their later materials sound. i like it better than some of the eps leading up to it, and it should be easy enough to find if youre looking to purchase. their releases have little to no profanity if i recall...not usually much f*** and s*** or stuff like that. you can read through their lyrics on metal-archives before making a buy if youre worried about more than a little slipping by.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 pm

I really liked the last one so I too have plans for getting their other stuff. As far as language goes, with my potty mouth and four years in the Navy, I can handle anything.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 pm

New Age of Terror is the best imo but you it's all worthy.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:40 am

HIRAX albums are very hard to find. I couldn't find any in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:33 am

Gilbert wrote:

Thats weird because im pretty sure season of mist or black devil...cant remember at the moment but whichever it is; is based in belgium.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 am

Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Thats weird because im pretty sure season of mist or black devil...cant remember at the moment but whichever it is; is based in belgium.

All Hirax albums are easy to find in Europe. Seasons of mist is a French label and you can find their albums in all the ordinairy record stores here. Just look in the metal section under the letter H gilbert Smile .
And then there`s always the internet if you cant find it in a store....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 am

Olafsto wrote:
Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

All Hirax albums are easy to find in Europe. Seasons of mist is a French label and you can find their albums in all the ordinairy record stores here. Just look in the metal section under the letter H gilbert Smile .
And then there`s always the internet if you cant find it in a store....

I've checked specialized stores in Paris, Bruges, Barcelona, Madrid, Roma, Prague, athens and other cities across Europe.

Nothing

Weird scratch

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 am

And besides, i cannot order any metal records online.

Restrictions...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:08 am

Their latest two,New Age of Terror and El Rostro are my favorites.You cant go wrong with either one.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 am

Try Selfmadegod records in Poland. They do the European stuff. Or just download off Itunes.

FYI Guys I have the line up for my new band. Watch for a post soon...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:22 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Their latest two,New Age of Terror and El Rostro are my favorites.You cant go wrong with either one.

headbanger

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Restrictions...

Is it what your countries govt. deems as heavy metal Gilbert, or is it just like western music in general that is banned?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Try Selfmadegod records in Poland. They do the European stuff. Or just download off Itunes.

FYI Guys I have the line up for my new band. Watch for a post soon...

headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm a little late to the Hirax party myself, but I find El Rostro...to be a favorite of mine. I've since gone back and picked up all of their discs and really, there's not a bad one in the bunch. Start at the beginning and work your way through.

Get 'em all. How's that for a recomendation? Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:19 pm

I don't think you'll go wrong with picking up any of their catalog.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 pm

New Age of Terror!

Glenn, I talked to one of your new band dudes yesterday! This new band is gonna kick ass!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:41 pm

Lurideath wrote:
New Age of Terror!

Glenn, I talked to one of your new band dudes yesterday! This new band is gonna kick ass!

I hope so...We going for a Power/ Thrash sound....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:53 pm

This talk of Hirax got me really wanting to get some more so I finally ordered a copy of New Age of Terror yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 am

Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Restrictions...

Is it what your countries govt. deems as heavy metal Gilbert, or is it just like western music in general that is banned?

Western music is widely available, and concerts take place all the time.

There are however some restrictions on Metal. Classical stuff are easy to find: AC/DC, Black Sabbath,Deep Purple, Priest, Maiden...But you wouldn't find any sodom or kreator albums.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Any Hirax, is good Hirax.

I'd start out with El Rostro De La Muerte (which to me is a modern day five star classic) and work your way backwards through the discography. Also making sure to get ones like Barrage Of Noise. As others have said, basically just get them all.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:25 am

This is a new band for me as well. I will be checking them out more over the next few weeks. The feedback on here is pretty helpful as to a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hirax Recommendations?   Hirax Recommendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hirax Recommendations?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next