Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Killers- Hot Fuss

Go down 
+5
chewie
tohostudios
exact33
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

The Killers- Hot Fuss Empty
PostSubject: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:02 pm

I must not be feeling METAL today lol! since I just listened to The Church and now I'm listening to The Killers but what the hell they are both great bands. When I first heard the Killers I typically didn't like them at all. Their songs were always being played on the radio and my gf at the time liked them. Right there that was enough reason to not like them haha! She would play their stuff all the time and I would just ignore it. After we broke up my friend who got me into The Church showed me some of The Killers songs that he liked and I heard one called "Read My Mind". After it was over I was like WHOA! That freakin song was great. So he showed me a few more and I eventually went out and bought the album Sam's Town which is a really great album. I bought the rest of their albums of course. Their first album Hot Fuss, the one I would hate so much I ended up liking a lot. It's one of my most played cds since I like every single song on it. It's funny how one minute you can hate something with a passion and then later on rediscover it and end up loving it. Hot Fuss is a great album and I would recommend starting with this album first not because its their first album but because its just that damn good. The music is great and Brandon Flowers is a great vocalist. I even bought his solo album and I enjoy that as well.

One of my favorite songs off this album
"All These Things That I Have Done"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:49 pm

I love Hot Fuss, but could never get into Sam's Town. The influences they cite and the comparisons critics draw mean I should really like Sam's Town, but it just hasn't grabbed me like Hot Fuss did.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

I got this from SACD as a freebie and it is quite good.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:35 pm

This is the song that made me buy the album. I saw it as the soundtrack to some commercial (Nike, I think) and it ended up being the only song I liked on the album.

Still a great song IMO.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This is the song that made me buy the album. I saw it as the soundtrack to some commercial (Nike, I think) and it ended up being the only song I liked on the album.

Still a great song IMO.

lol! Thats the song that I posted but I posted the whole thing. I'm surprised you don't care for any of the other songs. It's really pretty good. Why don't we go back and listen to it and put on one of those Journey cds you own as well. Anyone will do Laughing

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm

The Killers- Hot Fuss 499945 They need to go the way of White Stripes imo.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Still a great song IMO.

lol! Thats the song that I posted but I posted the whole thing. I'm surprised you don't care for any of the other songs. It's really pretty good. Why don't we go back and listen to it and put on one of those Journey cds you own as well. Anyone will do Laughing

lol!

you go PRD!!

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:21 pm

I must not be feeling METAL today lol! since I just listened to The Church and now I'm listening to The Killers but what the hell they are both great bands. When I first heard the Killers I typically didn't like them at all. Their songs were always being played on the radio and my gf at the time liked them. Right there that was enough reason to not like them haha! She would play their stuff all the time and I would just ignore it. After we broke up my friend who got me into The Church showed me some of The Killers songs that he liked and I heard one called "Read My Mind". After it was over I was like WHOA! That freakin song was great. So he showed me a few more and I eventually went out and bought the album Sam's Town which is a really great album. I bought the rest of their albums of course. Their first album Hot Fuss, the one I would hate so much I ended up liking a lot. It's one of my most played cds since I like every single song on it. It's funny how one minute you can hate something with a passion and then later on rediscover it and end up loving it. Hot Fuss is a great album and I would recommend starting with this album first not because its their first album but because its just that damn good. The music is great and Brandon Flowers is a great vocalist. I even bought his solo album and I enjoy that as well.

One of my favorite songs off this album
"All These Things That I Have Done"

There is something very Queen sounding about this song. It also seems to have some late 70s early 80s European AOR/ProgPop touches to it ala, Trickster/Diesel/Lake/Europe(the one with Ton Scherpenzeel)/later Kayak and Keats.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 pm

The only album I own by The Killers is 'Hot Fuss' and I loved it because it was a throw back to the 80's.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I really like this album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:56 am

Great album!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 am

HAHAHAHA

One of the former members of this band used to practice down the hall from me. RIDICULOUS! Pop garbage! Never understood how this band even got popular. I guess its the Britney Spears in their music!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

One of the former members of this band used to practice down the hall from me. RIDICULOUS! Pop garbage! Never understood how this band even got popular. I guess its the Britney Spears in their music!

I never understand why people comment on threads when they know they don't like the band or topic being talked about. Rolling Eyes

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

I never understand why people comment on threads when they know they don't like the band or topic being talked about. Rolling Eyes

I don't mind posts like this one from LD because at least he's providing some interesting tidbit (they used to practice near him). But I agree just chiming in on a band thread to rag on the band in question is kinda lame.

Unless the thread is about Journey. Razz
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

I don't mind posts like this one from LD because at least he's providing some interesting tidbit (they used to practice near him). But I agree just chiming in on a band thread to rag on the band in question is kinda lame.

Don't worry Toho someday love will find you.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

NOT if I have anything to say about it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:16 am

I never understand how people can like such garbage though either, so it goes BOTH WAYS!

I wasn't saying they suck just to chime in that they suck... I was chiming in like Toho said saying one of the ex-members used to practice down the hall.

I can really rip into these queermongers if needed though!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

Don't Stop Believen' Razz

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
HAHAHAHA

Don't Stop Believen' Razz

It could be a listen Of A Lifetime
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 pm

We know what to get Toho when he turns 60 in a few years:

a ticket to the Journey/Phil Collins tour!

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
We know what to get Toho when he turns 60 in a few years:

a ticket to the Journey/Phil Collins tour!

Then he can hear Both Sides Of The Story Laughing
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I never understand how people can like such garbage though either, so it goes BOTH WAYS!

I wasn't saying they suck just to chime in that they suck... I was chiming in like Toho said saying one of the ex-members used to practice down the hall.

I can really rip into these queermongers if needed though!

lol!

It's cool. After I wrote that I kind of realized I was probably going to come out as being a dick. If you would have wrote "one of the ex-members used to practice down the hall from me, but I don't care for the band" then I would understand that, but its cool. I don't expect everyone to like what I like and I sure don't like everything everyone else likes either nor can I just listen to metal 24/7 even though its my music of choice. Once in a while I need a break and need to mellow out whether the band is ga-hey or not. lol! I listen to much gayer bands than this though lol!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Shannon can rip anyone he wants - he is always entertaining while doing it...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Killers- Hot Fuss   The Killers- Hot Fuss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Killers- Hot Fuss
Page 1 of 1