Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden-Killers

Go down 
+10
nevermore
TheGooch
mc666
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
DeathCult
ultmetal
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Iron Maiden-Killers Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Out of all the IM albums I listened to this morning I was most impressed with Killers. Certainly the first four are tried and true classics however until today I didn't have much respect for this album. Will certainly give this album more time on the iPod.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:25 pm

I am moving this to the metal room. If ever there was a METAL album it was Killers!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Have to agree. Killers rules! I usually list it as my favorite MAIDEN album.

ult

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:53 pm

It is my favorite Maiden album, possibly my favorite of all time
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 am

My favorite of the two DiAnno albums. Favorite song is Murders In The Rue Morgue. Other favorites: the hell with it, if I list my other favorites I'd just be listing every song on it. A classic and from the first track to the last it is a five star album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

LOL wondering what happened to this thread. Just found it.

This climbed so high up my all time Maiden list in one day it may have set a record!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:02 pm

Great Album,just not my favorite Maiden album.That title belongs to Piece of Mind
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37655

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I was always a bigger Dickinson fan than a DiAnno fan. But of the two discs Maiden recorded with DiAnno, KILLERS is also my fave.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:20 pm

The Killers - through - Powerslave era is just one extended act of brilliance. I like DiAnno's rough vocals. Killers is awesome!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:06 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Great Album,just not my favorite Maiden album.That title belongs to Piece of Mind

Could not have said it better myself. In fact, I didn't. thrasher73 said it for me. Thanks, bro. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:53 am

the D'Anno stuff never gets enough respect. classic heavy metal.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:40 am

i have never gotten into it really. only the first three sogs grab meat all the rest just blend together for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 am

TheGooch wrote:
i have never gotten into it really. only the first three sogs grab meat all the rest just blend together for me

See thats exactly what happened to me when I listened to it a few years ago. But this last time it was like Shocked what have I been missing.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Iron Maiden-Killers 505193 Di'Anno rules!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25893

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Killers is my favorite Iron Maiden album.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Killers is also my favorite album from Iron Maiden. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Amazing album. It's one of my favorite Maiden albums.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:39 pm

My favorite Maiden album. This one's a true classic in every sense of the word. 🤘

TheGooch wrote:
only the first three sogs grab meat

That's some funny typo's right there. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:05 pm

lol! Stop!! It hurts to laugh...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:07 pm

No pain, no gain, soldier. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:45 am

O.K. - I sold my Castle copy of this quite some time ago so I hadn't heard this in a while. I recently re-acquired this on Vinyl.

I only listen to my records whilst I'm in the garage lifting or doing chores.

I kid you not, I'm stepping up to the squat rack and it hits me. I pause and think "This is the best Metal album up to that point in History". I thought about it more and more and that's what I maintain. In My Opinion, through 1981 there was not a better Heavy Metal album. I can't believe it's 27 years old and how good it is.

Killers!!! 🤘

Iron Maiden... - 1980
Killers........... - 1981
Number Of..... - 1982
Piece Of ....... - 1983
Powerslave.... - 1984

5 albums in 5 years of THAT quality!!!
That's the best run in Metal/music history in my opinion. Unbelievable.......
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 am

classic maiden though powerslave is my favorite, maiden is just one of those bands that never fail to deliver quality music
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Quote :
5 albums in 5 years of THAT quality!!! That's the best run in Metal/music history in my opinion. Unbelievable

That's a really valid point. You could say the same about Saxon and Priest, as well.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:52 pm

I just replaced my original scratched copy from '81 with the Castle reissue. I threw it in the player the other day and was thinking to myself that, out of the first 6 Maiden albums, I can't think of a song I hate. I'm not saying everything is pure gold; but there's nothing horrible, imho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Killers   Iron Maiden-Killers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden-Killers
Page 1 of 1