Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..

Go down 
+19
Jesusandmetal23
bassman
Shawn Of Fire
ryanmetalman
GrandNational
STIGMATADOR
Troublezone
DallasBlack
325ad
FlyingV
Stender
Fat Freddy
kmorg
Temple of Blood
jstate
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Olafsto
mlotek
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Lurideath wrote:
No Shawn, Stig was just the PR person for VR.

That was me, not Shawn. But thanks nonetheless.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2014 12:43 pm

STIGMATADOR wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
One, it needs to be rereleased as it's hard to find and two, remastering would give it more life. It's good but flat.
I keep hoping Rog and the VR guys get things worked out.

I didn't realize how low and muddy the audio levels were until I listened to it (oddly enough) back to back with the recent Crucified remaster. And the bootleg burn of the debut that's floating around the internet is terrible. Only 128kb, with pops.

I doubt things will ever work out between Roger and those guys. I can speak with some authority on this; I spent the better part of five years trying to play diplomat when I ran Roger's message board and worked as his publicist. I have some great stories, though Wink

Rog has calmed down a bit the last year or so, concentrating mostly on his real estate career.  I don't think he's recorded any music in a while. I used to send him CD's of "current" bands for him to check out so he could keep up whenever he finally decided to get up off his ass, but little ever came of it.  (I tried really hard to make him an At The Gates and Behemoth fan for some reason; I'm not terribly sure why, in retrospect, apart from that those bands are awesome, and it crushed my spirit when he told me he was listening to Disturbed. *sigh*  I also tried to get him into Arch Enemy, but he never had much to say about the music, apart from that he'd like to pork Angela Gossow.)

Anyway, SOMEWHERE, there are two "lost" Vengeance Rising recordings.

1.  Realms Of Blasphemy was mostly recorded, in bits and pieces, and just needs to be cobbled together and finished. It was rotting in his storage bin last we'd talked.  He seemed more intent on re-recording that stuff, even though I think it's a little dated (it's very Deicide).  It couldn't be released as an album, but could probably be released in a demos and B-sides collection, a la Mercyful Fate's Return Of The Vampire.  (Sorry--I'm on a kick with them right now...)  I don't know if the "Smoke Those mother goose" single/EP was ever recorded; I don't think Roger actually remembers either; again, his storage locker of doom...

2.  He recorded an EP with a largely unknown line-up in 2005 called Send Me Your Money.  It included a cover of the Suicidal Tendencies song of the same name.  I can, in fact, verify that this was indeed recorded.  Roger also laid down a couple of newer cuts and (if memory serves me) a cover of Venom's "Witching Hour" and a new version of "You Can't Stop It."

It's been a really long time, and I don't entirely recall what the gameplan was anymore.  All I know is that this line-up disbanded pretty quickly, and that the studio kept the recordings because they were never fully paid.  Roger was unhappy with the sessions, and wanted to re-record "Send Me Your Money" with ST's Mike Muir actually doing back-ups (trivia tidbit: the two were close friends at one point, so this almost could have happened).

Other tidbits (that I remember):

3.  At some point, he announced that he was re-recording Human Sacrifice with different lyrics.  I am pleased to take credit for talking him out of this.

4. Circa 2006, we decided he was going to do a show, just so we could record it and get something out there to hold people over.  I basically put the line-up together for him out of friends' bands.  Of that group, only Mike Francisco managed to be considered a "real" band member, that Roger intended on recording with.  The show fell apart, but it actually wasn't Roger's fault that time--we got dicked over by the venue.

5.  Later, he anounced that he was going to do an EP of covers.  In addition to the Suicidal Tendencies and Venom covers, he wanted to do Bathory's "Shores In Flames" (seriously!), Exodus' "Bonded By Blood," and some other stuff I don't recall.  The tentative title was the Sacrifice Of Cain EP.  The fans didn't want it--after a nearly 15-year wait, they naturally wanted new original VR stuff. The EP was scrapped.  Nothing was ever recorded for it.  

6.  He finally anounced a new full-length to be called POLEMIC.  I jokingly called it Chinese Blasphemy, since it was taking him so long.
The line-up would have included Brian Khairullah (bass), Michael Francisco (guitar), "Simon Dawg" (guest guitar), and a guy named Daniel Faulk on drums (whom I never met).  Also, Gary Lenaire had expressed some interest in donating a solo or two, but did not wish to become a full member, though I recall that Roger invited him to join.  I don't know what ever happened with this.  Even *I* finally gave up hope on it.  Maybe it'll happen someday--I know Brian and Mike are still down to do it.   Otherwise...yeah... *shrug* *sigh*

)+(

Has anyone talked to Roger in the last few years about releasing any of his post-"Released Upon The Earth" recordings ?
Or is it, he and any interested record companies feel that there are just too many mp3-leechers to bother with a physical release these days?
If it was put out on a CD and done professionally like a Roxx or Marquee or Stormspell Records release, with a good informative booklet (pics/lyrics/band bio-interview), then even guys like me that prefer vinyl these days would get it.
AND if it truly pounds like the older, better, catchy material by DEICIDE, who knows, could become very popular quickly.
I know the lyrics won't be ones I will like (ie. satanic/atheist), but it is easier for me these days to just tune out words and listen for the melodies/rhythms.
Back to top Go down
STIGMATADOR
Metal novice
Metal novice
STIGMATADOR

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:49 pm

*leaps out from behind rock*

BOO!

I just re-discovered this forum/thread by accident. It's been a minute, eh?

To answer those random questions that were asked four years ago, that I utterly forgot, and that I doubt anyone still cares about:

--Roger, last we spoke, was done recording music for the time being. His professional career in real estate and such became quite consuming; the man is good at what he does, and--ironically--could probably finance a new record himself now, if he wanted. "He no want," as such. I think that music genre bores him now. IDK. We haven't really discussed it (or anything else) in a long time.

--I had to step away from it all. Five years of my life were eaten up by it all. But that's a story for another time.

--I believe that the "Realms of Blasphemy" sessions were finally (accidentally, I understand) destroyed.

Any other questions while I'm sober?

)+(
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Good to see you Stig.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Good to see the Realms of Blasphemy were destroyed. From a pure musician standpoint, I am sure the music was shit anyways.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 12:26 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Good to see the Realms of Blasphemy were destroyed.  From a pure musician standpoint, I am sure the music was shit anyways.

From what I've heard from Shannon, that was the case.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 2:10 am

I'm surprised anyone is still concerned if Roger ever releases any more music.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:47 am

STIGMATADOR wrote:
*leaps out from behind rock*

BOO!

I just re-discovered this forum/thread by accident. It's been a minute, eh?

To answer those random questions that were asked four years ago, that I utterly forgot, and that I doubt anyone still cares about:

--Roger, last we spoke, was done recording music for the time being. His professional career in real estate and such became quite consuming; the man is good at what he does, and--ironically--could probably finance a new record himself now, if he wanted. "He no want," as such. I think that music genre bores him now. IDK. We haven't really discussed it  (or anything else) in a long time.

--I had to step away from it all. Five years of my life were eaten up by it all. But that's a story for another time.

--I believe that the "Realms of Blasphemy" sessions were finally (accidentally, I understand) destroyed.

Any other questions while I'm sober?

)+(

Welcome back! Have you heard the latest reissue of Released Upon The Earth? And for that matter Destruction Comes (which has been several years but I think after your last post). RUTE also came with a limited edition bootleg show. I don't own it, but wondering if you have seen them or heard them (I have the first 2 reissues with the horrible artwork).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..   Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like.. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted, recommendations of Christian metal bands that sound like..
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3