Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon

Go down 
+11
Joe
Smindas
bassman
Wargod
Sinistar
Shawn Of Fire
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Empty
PostSubject: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 am

Cool...another band we haven't heard from in a while. Has it really been seven years since CASTING THE STONES already?

Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Jagscourgenew

"Scourge Of The Light", the new album from Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER, will be released on February 28, 2011 in Europe (except in Germany, where it will arrive three days earlier) and on March 8, 2011 in the U.S. via SPV/Steamhammer Records. In addition to the regular CD version, the effort will be made available as a double-vinyl set.

"Teaser Trailer" with snippets of the songs:

2 and a half minute excerpt of "Condemned To Fight"

Me likee!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 am

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 pm

This will be an early number one for me and will be tough to unseat if the whole album is as good as those songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh yeah that is sounding good. Another one to add to the want list.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Can't wait for this. I used to not like Jag Panzer because I thought their music sounded horrible but boy was I wrong.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

i'm more looking forward to the new Satan's Host, now that Harry is back fronting them too.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:02 pm

I reall ylike Conklin's voice...I'll check it out.

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Quote :
i'm more looking forward to the new Satan's Host, now that Harry is back fronting them too.

Never heard them, what style is it?
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I remember them from back in the day. I never heard them either though.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I'll be getting this as soon as I'm all well again.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

traditional metal... though they had a brief fling with black metal during the years without Harry.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Those clips sound great! Add to the want list for sure! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Never really listened to Jag Panzer before, but am reviewing the new one for this month's Powerplay Magazine. I gave it a spin today and it's rather good. It starts off fantastically, but lulls a tad in the middle. Definitely worth a listen though, great mix of melody and heaviness. Sounds a bit Symphony X-esque at points, actually.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Can't wait for this. I used to not like Jag Panzer because I thought their music sounded horrible

You must've heard the DISSIDENT ALLIANCE album ... not the best place to start. sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Can't wait for this. I used to not like Jag Panzer because I thought their music sounded horrible

You must've heard the DISSIDENT ALLIANCE album ... not the best place to start. sick

No I actually heard samples of Decade of the Nail Spiked Bat. For some reason the sound of that album is just blah compared to everything else they have done. Yes Dissident Alliance is horrible.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:05 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

traditional metal... though they had a brief fling with black metal during the years without Harry.

I've always heard of Satan's Host but never knew Harry was in the band. Also found out that Harry did vocals for the Riot album Thundersteel but ended up obviously not being on it. Also another band that he was in was Titan Force. Pretty good a little similar to Jag Panzers earlier stuff. I grabbed both their albums on amazon with a gift card I had.

Anyone have any samples of Satan's Host with Harry singing? I heard the newer stuff and didn't really care for it. I tried looking on youtube but didn't know what i was looking for.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:07 pm

No I actually heard samples of Decade of the Nail Spiked Bat. For some reason the sound of that album is just blah compared to everything else they have done. Yes Dissident Alliance is horrible.

Ahhh, OK, yeah, I wasn't big on DECADE...either now that you mention it. The production on that record was supposed to sound "old school" (at least I think that was their intention) but , I'd agree that "blah" pretty well describes how that one turned out. Haha.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon   Jag Panzer - THE SCOURGE OF THE LIGHT out soon Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 9:13 pm

Anyone have any samples of Satan's Host with Harry singing? I heard the newer stuff and didn't really care for it. I tried looking on youtube but didn't know what i was looking for.
a couple from their 1986 album.