Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On

Go down 
+4
mc666
Wargod
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Empty
PostSubject: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Blabbermouth just posted this update from the Jag Panzer camp about the Chris Broderick situation... I am relieved that they plan to move forward without him... and I'm really not that disappointed that the live album spoken of here is not going to happen, cuz I am not a big live album guy anyway... bring on fresh material, JP!!

JAG PANZER Guitarist: 'We're Moving Forward With New Material' - Jan. 14, 2008

JAG PANZER guitarist Mark Briody has issued the following:

"First of all — a HUGE congratulations to Chris Broderick [former JAG PANZER guitarist] for his new gig with MEGADETH. Chris is a world-class talent and the hardest worker I've ever met. He's like a brother to me and I'm excited for him to get this opportunity. Myself, and everyone else in the band, not only support Chris's decision, we're excited for him.

"We (JAG PANZER) have brought Chris Lasegue back to play guitar. Chris tore it up on 'Chain Of Command' and his chops are light years better then they were back then.

"So why the total silence from JAG PANZER over the past year? Frankly, I'm upset about getting the rug pulled out from me on the live album. We have a budget for the live album. A tiny budget. I took out a spreadsheet and figured that this budget would allow us to rent a van and drive to Montreal to record the live album. We'd have to supply the recording equipment ourselves and mix the live album ourselves. Yes, the budget is that small.

"We were planning on recording the show for a live DVD as well. Releasing this live DVD would have offset our additional costs we incurred on the live album. But I never saw the DVD release paperwork from the label. Gas prices have gotten so high that our budget wouldn't even cover expenses one way to Montreal or anywhere else we'd need to go for a live album.

"So right now we're stuck. We're contractually obligated to do a live album, but there funds to do it just aren't adequete. People have suggested we record the Keep It True [festival] show [in Germany in April 2008]. That's a great idea. But I checked on the price of a mobile truck and it's double the budget. Arghhh!!!

"My solution — we're moving forward with new material after we get back from Germany. I'm hoping things can get sorted out with the live album, but I have to move forward.

"I'm not angry with Century Media [record label], I know they are trying to run a business. But something has to give.

"So look for a new single in the months after Keep It True."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Awesome news but Chris is goin to be hard to replace and the albums from Jag that i like are with him on it. But if they stay in the direction they were goin in then i see no problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:26 pm

As long as Briody is writing and Conklin is singing!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 9:21 pm

We need a new Jag!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 1:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
that's just what i was thinking.

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:09 am

Cranking Chain Of Command!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:25 am

Jag Panzer "Ample Destruction"..............they'll never top it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 am

I really liked Mechanized Warfare as well...IMO, its the best of the Century Media years....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Anyone heard anymore about new stuff?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:27 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Anyone heard anymore about new stuff?

Unfortunately, all seems quiet in the JPanzer camp at the moment....

Although it's reaaaaally weird that you chose to resurrect this thread at this moment, cuz I finished listening to MECHANIZED WARFARE just a little while ago! Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:29 pm

This band was one that i'd heard of for years and never checked out until recently so I really hope they aren't done as their stuff is killer.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:35 pm

mc666 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
that's just what i was thinking.

I thought the same thing as well, I don't think they'd sound as good w/o The Tyrant on the mic.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Actually, Chain of Command is an awesome release with Bob Parduba on vocals. In fact,there are a couple songs on that release which were re-recorded with Harry Conklin on vocals and I think the Parduba versions are a little better (just a little).Conklin is still great though.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:01 pm

Saw Jag Panzer with Iced Earth and In Flames in St. Paul, MN I believe it was in 2004 awesome show Jag were amazing!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:36 pm

This is a band that I really wanted to like, but never took off for me. I've only heard/owned 2 cd's (Mechanized Warfare and the recently traded Thane to the Throne), so maybe I didn't hear the "right" ones to make me a fan. Reading the reviews, they sound great, right up my alley in style and music, but the end result just left me.......meh.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:03 pm

IronAge wrote:
Jag Panzer "Ample Destruction"..............they'll never top it.

They'll probably never reissue it, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've only heard/owned 2 cd's (Mechanized Warfare and the recently traded Thane to the Throne), so maybe I didn't hear the "right" ones to make me a fan.

IMO, if you didn't like Thane To The Throne, then you probably won't like them at all. Definatly one of my favorite albums in the power metal genre. But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 am

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've only heard/owned 2 cd's (Mechanized Warfare and the recently traded Thane to the Throne), so maybe I didn't hear the "right" ones to make me a fan.

IMO, if you didn't like Thane To The Throne, then you probably won't like them at all. Definatly one of my favorite albums in the power metal genre. But that's just me.

I found Thane to the Throne in the used bins, so I gave it a shot. Since it's a concept album based on Shakespear, I thought "Maybe this isn't the best introduction to the band". I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I tried Mechanized... for sh*ts & giggles, but felt the same way. Oh well. I won't lose any sleep over it. I've got plenty of other music to keep me entertained.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On   Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jag Panzer To Keep On Keepin' On
Page 1 of 1