Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)

Go down 
+9
thefeeler
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:53 pm

This album is ok, but i don't really like the new singer; check out the viedeo clip: he doesn't look very metal to me...

I'd take Carl Albert and James Rivera over this guy any day.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:22 pm

dark avenger wrote:
This album is ok, but i don't really like the new singer; check out the viedeo clip: he doesn't look very metal to me...

I'd take Carl Albert as well, but since that is impossible I thought the new guy smoked!!

What does metal look like these days anyways?????

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:04 pm

The new guy on the guitar with his Gibson Flying V looks pretty metal to me; but the new singer looks like some guy from Papa Roach or something.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:32 pm

Who cares what he looks like? It's how he sounds is where it counts and this guy's got it !
Back to top Go down
dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 5:38 pm

007 wrote:
Who cares what he looks like?

I do. And i kinda doubt i'm the only one in the world who does.

This is just my opinion, but i think metal is not only about music, it is also about attitude and image.

Don't get me wrong, i don't mind a guy who doesn't have any image or look at all; but i for one think this new singer tries somehow to look trendy....and personnaly i dislike that.

Also, about the guy's voice: yes, he's got a good set of pipes, and when he screams he does it well; but there are also moments when he tries too hard to sound tough just for the sake of sounding tough, and again that is not something i really enjoy; it's a matter of musical taste, but personally i'm into traditional metal done the good old fashioned way, and i dislike bands like Pantera, Machine Head, Fear Factory.....or Exodus with Rob Dukes.I don't like when vocalists try to sound too tough, i like vocalists that sound natural, that sound ballsy but without forcing: like JD Kimball from Omen, for example.That's why, even if i appreciate the new Vicious Rumors album, i prefer James Rivera's performance on the album Warball.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:39 pm

dark avenger wrote:

Carl is obviously unavailable and James Rivera quit the band and declared VR as "over" so I don't think you'll be seeing him anytime soon. Also, I couldn't care less what the lead singer looks like. Vocally he's a combination of Tim Owens and Carl Albert. The guy has a great voice. Your " sounding tough" comments are baffling.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 am

Finally snagged a copy of this. Sounds good to me! New singer sounds fantastic. No he's not Carl Albert, but what do you expect? Albert is gone.

I actually like the new guy better than James Rivera in VR. James is awesome. He's one of my all time favorites but his voice belongs in Helstar IMO. He was spreading himself thin with all the side projects and it was taking away from his legacy IMO. The last album sounded a bit too much like Helstar because of the vocals.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 pm

I just got the vinyl version of this.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 am

The new singer is great!

Made me become a fan of VR headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 am

Wargod48 wrote:
I just got the vinyl version of this.

Wargod52

There is a huge selection of metal vinyls at a local record store near my office.

But it's too expensive Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:32 am

Holy crap, Carl Albert's son sounds better than their current vocalist or Rivera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4NFNWc4jO0&feature=related

Albert is one of the metal best singers ever.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:01 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Holy crap, Carl Albert's son sounds better than their current vocalist or Rivera!

WOW!!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Damn. Papa Albert would be proud!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:45 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

Really good !! I wonder why he didn't get the gig. Perhaps he didn't look metal enough ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 am

Has anyone noticed any problems with the sound on the album?

Or is it just my copy?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 6:36 am

No problems with mine.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 am

Gilbert wrote:
Has anyone noticed any problems with the sound on the album?

Or is it just my copy?

Mine sounds great. What problems does yours have?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:35 pm

Just picked this one up.

Very, very good! Gonna compete for 2011 Top-10 status. Might be the best Vicious Rumors I've heard yet. Excited about this one! Killer vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2