Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)

Go down 
+9
thefeeler
mr.electric39
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
kmorg
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Empty
PostSubject: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Didn't even know this album was on the way... looks like it was announced around Christmas time. The news must've gotten lost amidst all the holiday hoopla. Cool news either way, though it would be cooler if James Rivera was still on vox.

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Viciousrumorsrazorbackk-300x300

Vicious Rumors have inked a deal with Steamhammer/SPV for the world (except Japan) who will release the band's new CD "Razorback Killer" worldwide in March 2011.
Vicious Rumors is very excited to have Mark McGee return to the band on guitar for 2 songs in a very special reunion on this new CD. Geoff and Mark trading solos and doing harmonies in the studio just like the old days!

Vicious Rumors was honored to have Brad Gillis (Nightranger, Ozzy) make a guest appearance for a blazing solo. Just when you thought you were safe Eric Peterson (Testament) records a wicked harmony and shred solo on the the killer track 'Murderball'. With these songs and the new "old" logo Vicious Rumors keeps the ball rolling!!!

Songs like 'Razorback Blade' (a speed metal anthem), 'Deal with the Devil' and 'All I Want Is You' are classic VICIOUS RUMORS. The thrashing 'Axe to Grind' and 'Murderbal' are pure power. The album was produced by Geoff Thorpe for GTM Worldwide and Juan Urteaga of Trident Studios (Machine Head, Ted Nugent, Nightranger).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Cool. Who sings for them now?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool. Who sings for them now?

No idea. What day is it? Laughing

Last I heard (and that was awhile ago) they'd hired somebody named "Ronnie Stixx" (wouldn't that be a name for a drummer, not a vocalist? Haha) but I could've sworn I heard later on that he'd left. So your guess is as good as mine.

*EDIT* According to this Blabbermouth bit I apparently missed last month, New Singer's name is Brian Allen.

The reasons for VICIOUS RUMORS' high-powered performance? Thorpe has a plausible explanation: "The metal is in our blood!!!! Plus we always have an awesome line-up. Larry Howe on drums and vocals, our bassist Stephen Goodwin and guitarist Kiyoshi Morgan, and in Brian Allen we've found the best vocalist you could possibly get for these kind of songs." Brian Allen joined the VICIOUS RUMORS fold one and a half years ago at the recommendation of Matt McCourt (WILD DOGS), a longtime friend whom Thorpe met up with at the Headbangers Open Air. "Matt had praised Brian, and I thought that he'd be perfect for VICIOUS RUMORS," Thorpe said. His assessment soon proved true: from the beginning, Allen showed his great potential during intense rehearsals. "We immediately noticed this raw, pure quality in him," Thorpe said. "Like a snowball, something very big developed very quickly out of small beginnings. During our five-week European tour, Brian got nothing but positive reactions from our fans."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:07 pm

Ah, another new guy! No

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Yeah, I was hoping to find a sample clip from the album to hear what he sounds like, but no dice so far. All I've found is a terrible quality YouTube live clip of them doing the title track at some festival, and it sounded so awful that it's impossible to judge.

I will say that New Guy resembles Tim "Ripper" Owens. (I believe that's him second from left)

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Vicious-Rumors2-small

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:41 pm

It's a guy who sings for LAST EMPIRE who also sings for a JUDAS PRIEST tribute band. He's good, but a bit more Midnight/King Diamond/Ripper Owens-ish and that may not fit as well with this band's style. He was supposed to be the new singer in MALICE, and I think that might've been a better fit.

I'm interested to hear some clips from this new album, although I haven't bought a VR disc in years. Saw em live years ago and they put on an awesome show.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I would think that after Carl Albert and James Rivera, that someone who resembled Midnight/Ripper would fit perfectly...

I'll look into it...I like Vicious Rumors. Warball was really good...too bad Rivera & Thorpe did not get along (rumor)...

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Albert and Rivera are a bit more raspy and not as "squealy" as the new guy I think.

It's pretty well-confirmed that Rivera and Thorpe had a physical altercation.

Don't know who was to blame but when I met Thorpe he couldn't have been nicer or more down-to-Earth.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Yeah, I have never heard good things about James Rivera from those I know who have met him (only a couple)...

OK, so this new guy is more smooth like Midnight or old Tate?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

I don't think I'd say he's "smooth" or on the level of either of those guys.

Here are samples from his other band:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lastempire09
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Here are samples from his other band:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lastempire09

Ummmm....wow. That was .... not very good. Shocked

Vocally it was OK, I guess... but that band sounded pretty awful.

Hope the VR material sounds better than this!!!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Ah...I could definitely hear him singing for Malice...strong singer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh , I'll definitely be getting this. The vocals on that sample sound fine to me and I think he fits right in with the band.Can't wait to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Geoff is smart enough to pick a good vocalist for the band. I'm excited about this, love these guys.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:22 am

I love vicious rumors.

Glad to hear they're back.

Great cover art too.

2011 seems very promising
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 pm

OK, so I've lived with the new VR for a few days now...and my basic synopsis is:

This is the BEST thing they have done since the Carl Albert years...KILLER!!!!

headbanger

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm interested in hearing it ....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Official video for "Murderball" off the new record:

Hey, that sounds pretty bad-ass. I am now officially bumping this CD to the top of my want list.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

This album is fantastic. Check out the track Axe To Grind. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:01 pm

I also enjoy deal with the devil headbanger
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:32 pm

One of the best albums of 2011 period.... simply brilliant....

Freddy thanks for the video post....!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:29 am

There is lots of Priest - Painkiller era in Murderball headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Official video for "Murderball" off the new record:

Hey, that sounds pretty bad-ass. I am now officially bumping this CD to the top of my want list.

Great tune ! I gotta get this soon !
Back to top Go down
thefeeler
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello Heart of Metal. I am thrilled that my first post on this site really means something to me.

Larry Howe from Pacifica, CA is one bad ass power drummer. He taught me drums when I was 12 and now he's been giving lessons to my son, who's 11 and drums for youngsters Haunted by Heroes.

Go Larry, good luck on the release.

The Feeler
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:59 am

Just picked this up yesterday. This thing smokes ! Fantastic from beginning to end. Great songs,great vocals (reminiscent of the late,great Carl Albert)-everything needed for a superb release!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)   New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vicious Rumors - RAZORBACK KILLERS (March 2011)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next