Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Music Download: Cannon

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
krokus
6 posters
AuthorMessage

New Music Download: Cannon Empty
PostSubject: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 4:26 pm

A few month back I picked up Back In Business this a German band called Cannon. It was released in the US last year (2005 in Europe), but this band has been around since the mid-80s. This band is like U.D.O. with a vocalist that sounds like Udo Dirkschneider (Accept, U.D.O) meets Lemmy (Motorhead). More importantly, they're awesome! At least on this album. Their older albums sound excellent, too (see their website), but I don't have them. So, check out these tracks from Back In Business:

HELLFIRE
ANOTHER HERO (Clip) *
ROCK FEELINGS (Clip) *

* Zip files. To stream them, just click on the link, click Open, and then double-click the file when Winzip (or whatever you use) opens.

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm

I have their debut on vinyl and i think that the cover photo is better then the music. Also i bought two or three years ago a double cd, THE HISTORY. Not bad but i am not a fan of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 7:26 pm

krokus wrote:
I have their debut on vinyl and i think that the cover photo is better then the music. Also i bought two or three years ago a double cd, THE HISTORY. Not bad but i am not a fan of them.
Wanna sell/trade the double CD?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
krokus wrote:
Wanna sell/trade the double CD?

No, not realy:D, i still like to keep it in my collection. You can buy it from the band i think:
http://www.cannon-the-band.com/
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This band is like U.D.O. with a vocalist that sounds like Udo Dirkschneider (Accept, U.D.O) meets Lemmy (Motorhead). More importantly, they're awesome!

Sounds like a band I need to check out. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
This band is like U.D.O. with a vocalist that sounds like Udo Dirkschneider (Accept, U.D.O) meets Lemmy (Motorhead). More importantly, they're awesome!
Sounds like a band I need to check out. 🤘
They're not as fast as U.D.O., mind. If you like the clips above, though, definitely check them out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:29 pm

From what I vaguely recall, the vocals weren't like that at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 3:02 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Weren't like what? Did you listen to the clip? The dude has a style very much like Udo's.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm

I just discovered the band. Love their sound. Lots of similarities with Accept and UDO. So far i have purchased the history, metal style and burning love. Great material. I was expecting this band to be much more popular. Any fans?
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 6:25 am

I have "Thunder and Lightning", and its pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 10:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Weren't like what? Did you listen to the clip? The dude has a style very much like Udo's.

I mainly remember listening to their earlier stuff, and I didn't remember it sounding like Udo. I haven't heard much of the new stuff, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Guest wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I mainly remember listening to their earlier stuff, and I didn't remember it sounding like Udo. I haven't heard much of the new stuff, though.

I highly recommend metal style. Excellent album headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 8:11 pm

Yeah, love this band. I started this thread long ago before deleting my old account. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Music Download: Cannon   New Music Download: Cannon Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 pm

Man there are so many great bands out there that remain unknown, unless accidentally found.
Back to top Go down

New Music Download: Cannon
Page 1 of 1