Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today

Go down 
+10
bassman
ultmetal
James B.
JBall_Z
Troublezone
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
manny
A Handful of Wayne
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Empty
PostSubject: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:22 pm

God Bless a true legend.

I could post Lizzy songs all day but I think this "tribute" song from Australian band Pegazus says it best.

http://thinman.metalrevelation.com/

You can even download the track for free from the page
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 pm

cool!

Funny, last night I was watching a movie called "Once". In one part of the movie there was a band playing on a sidewalk and they were playing right next to the Phil Lynott statue.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:01 pm

A great artist and still very much missed, rest in peace and thank you for the music Phil Lynott
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Definitely one of the greats. Been listening today.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 pm

R.I.P. Phil Lynott.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:59 am

Listening to the blues station last night, the dj played Gary Moore's 'Still Got The Blues' and dedicated it to Phil. I thought that was pretty cool.

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:18 am

One of the true Rock N Roll poets. His legend still looms large.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 am

A true legend whose legacy still lives on. R.I.P. Phil
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 pm

FYI, Phil Lynott is on the cover of the new issue of Classic Rock magazine
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 pm

I always love it when I go on a Lizzy tangent and toss "Thin Lizzy" thru "Thunder and Lightning" on the ol' turntable. The "tales"" and the "textures" found in the words and the music always take me to a really good place and I end up with a smile on my face.

That is somethin' I am thankful and grateful for/of....RIP Phil

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 pm

James B. wrote:
I always love it when I go on a Lizzy tangent and toss "Thin Lizzy" thru "Thunder and Lightning" on the ol' turntable. The "tales"" and the "textures" found in the words and the music always take me to a really good place and I end up with a smile on my face.

Happens to me all the time, but I also tend to get side tracked by the many live albums and bootlegs. Love Lizzy live.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:

Happens to me all the time, but I also tend to get side tracked by the many live albums and bootlegs. Love Lizzy live.

I prefer the live stuff if I'm workin on something and the studio if I'm just kickin back.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm

One of the greats for sure, fantastic lyricist and a VERY under-rated bass player as well. Almost never mentioned for his playing abilities but if you watch some of those live shots, he's tearing it up on the bottom end during all those lovely twin guitar solos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm

Here's Thin Lizzy playing "Whiskey in the Jar" last night in Scotland.

Warwick needs to loose that guitar fast.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 am

I'm slowly becoming a big THIN LIZZY fan
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:52 pm

R.I.P. Phil. A truly amazing artist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ghost of winter
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:05 pm

25 years! i remember hearing he was gone like it was yesterday. R.I.P. Phil
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:19 pm

One of the greatest lyricists and bassists of all time, and one of the greatest bands of all time. Listening to their stuff even after all these years of first getting into them, and it still touches my soul in a certain way. Phil really had a way with words. RIP

They were truly one of those bands that really came to life in the live setting, even though most of their studio stuff is unimaginably wonderful.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today   Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phil Lynott .... 25 Years today
Page 1 of 1