Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
Joe
Schbopo
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
martinsane
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 pm

"Easter Eggs" are hidden bonus features, usually found on dvd's in menus and such. In music, they're something more than just an unlisted track at the end of an album. Don't know most of these albums, but it's still pretty cool. I'll have to look for the Dream Theater ones. Enjoy!!

http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:10 pm

WOW, some interesting stuff there...

Oh the time and energy put forth to even realize/discover this stuff is staggering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:53 pm

I hate that. Just list the stupid track.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm

cool. I'll have to check into that dream theater stuff too

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Very cool, the Radiohead stuff sounds crazy. I always wondered why OK Computer sounded out of this world when I was 17.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

The OK Computer/In Rainbows connection is really exaggerated there.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:56 pm

I haven't played that Tool cd in a while. Maybe time to try that out. If I'm not too lazy.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Schbopo wrote:
The OK Computer/In Rainbows connection is really exaggerated there.

I don't have In Rainbows, but if works like the author says it does, it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Dream Theater stuff????
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 pm

The 3 songs from tool would be interesting to try out, also I would like to try the radio head stuff
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:43 pm

It definitely sucks that you can't get most of this stuff now. I know on Ani Difranco's Revelling/Reckoning, after many songs it goes into a negative, like -43, and it's a little instrumental track. When it counts down to zero, the next track starts.

It's pretty cool, but there's no way to access those tracks otherwise.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It definitely sucks that you can't get most of this stuff now. I know on Ani Difranco's Revelling/Reckoning, after many songs it goes into a negative, like -43, and it's a little instrumental track. When it counts down to zero, the next track starts.

It's pretty cool, but there's no way to access those tracks otherwise.

how would you get them? would it have to be an older cd player?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:59 am

I think iTunes has a feature that shows those hidden tracks, but don't quote me on that.

The Tool one of those is the only one I'm familiar with. I remember hearing the 'complete' version back when the album came out and it was pretty cool. Not something I'd listen to that often, mind.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:37 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Dream Theater stuff????
Quote :
Lots of bands have hidden stuff in the pregap, and they're not always limited to the first track, either. Progressive rock band Dream Theater hid instrumental intros on half the songs on their album Octavarium

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:57 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Dream Theater stuff????
Quote :
Lots of bands have hidden stuff in the pregap, and they're not always limited to the first track, either. Progressive rock band Dream Theater hid instrumental intros on half the songs on their album Octavarium

I missed that part - need to figure out how to check that out
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

yea I have no idea how to do that.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 pm

All the the pregap stuff shows up on my CD player at home
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums   Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Easter Eggs in Famous Albums
Page 1 of 1