Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF

Go down 
+8
Smindas
exact33
iamrockerfun
nevermore
shamgar75
manny
Wargod
JBall_Z
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:45 pm

I didn't see this topic posted, and I know most of us have little, if any respect for the RNRHOF, but I am very happy for Alice and the band. I know it means a lot to them, and it is way overdue. I grew up with three older brothers and a big sister, so Alice albums were in constant rotation at our house. When I was about five years old, songs like The Ballad of Dwight Fry and Black JuJu were scaring the pants off of me. Congratulations to the Alice Cooper Band!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Good for him even though I couldn't give a chit about the hall and how they catagorize Rock & Roll!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:02 pm

It is about those tools in Rock n Roll Hall of Fame gave Alice and his bandmates their due
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:30 pm

The RNRHOF is total garbage....

With that being said, glad Alice and the band got in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:11 pm

manny wrote:
It is about those tools in Rock n Roll Hall of Fame gave Alice and his bandmates their due

Amen!!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:57 pm

but yes Alice deserves everything. he passed almost thru everything. he's a shining star.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:50 am

Last night at R n R Hall of Fame induction:

Looking radiant in a black dress, Love seemed to be holding back tears as she walked to the podium. "This year, in July, I will turn 70 years old," she said. "This is the best gift that I could ever had. I have given over 50 years of my life and talent to the music industry. I am so thankful for the genius of Phil Spector for his recognition of my talent to be the main voice of his Wall of Sound."

Things then took a dramatic shift when Rob Zombie stepped up to induct Cooper. "They were the most rock-star destroying band of all-time," he said. "They took everything to a new level … They were more than a band. They were more like a murderous gang of drag queens. Their mission was to destroy the hippie dream of peace, love and understanding."

When he finished, the original Alice Cooper band – minus the late Glen Buxton – ripped into a ferocious version of "I'm Eighteen." Many in the buttoned-up crowd didn't quite know what to make of the aggressive performance (much like the Stooges last year). Undeterred, the band carried on with "Under My Wheels" and "School's Out" with Rob Zombie guesting.

By the end Cooper was covered in fake blood, and when he walked up to the podium somebody handed him a large snake to put around his neck. It goes without saying that the Rock Hall induction ceremony had never seen anything quite like this. "We've always been a hard rock band," Cooper said. "We just decorated it a bit differently.

Sounds like Alice brought in a real rock n roll spirit
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

Speaking of Alice and the band. I am huge Alice fan but this is a bit to pricy for me, but very cool, link below gives you information:

The original Alice Cooper Band is to release a box set in June.

This will contain four CDs from the period 1964-1974, a DVD, a seven inch vinyl single, a bootleg vinyl album featuring a show from 1971 and a 64-page hardback book.

This will all come in a 12 inch square school desk box.

Find out more at http://www.alicecooper.com/
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

congrats to AC but I really dont follow the RNRHOF...

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:55 pm

exact33 wrote:

I don't think any of us do, other then Alice, and for me Tom Waits, it was very uninteresting group of inductees IMO
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:07 pm

manny wrote:

Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:46 pm

manny wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I don't think any of us do, other then Alice, and for me Tom Waits, it was very uninteresting group of inductees IMO

yeah - I dont understand awards shows in general - the grammys, oscars etc.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 am

Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Alice_cooper_chokes_lady_gaga

Alice and Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga calls him her idol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 am

manny wrote:
Lady Gaga calls him her idol

Bullsh!t.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:19 am

Gaga clearly takes a lot of performance-based influence from stuff like Cooper and KISS. Apparently she quite likes her classic rock and metal as a whole, there's pics of her with Biff from Saxon and what not. Just because she's "pop star", doesn't mean she can't like other music.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 am

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:
Lady Gaga calls him her idol

Bullsh!t.

sheesh what a cynic!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 am

Smindas wrote:
Gaga clearly takes a lot of performance-based influence from stuff like Cooper and KISS. Apparently she quite likes her classic rock and metal as a whole, there's pics of her with Biff from Saxon and what not. Just because she's "pop star", doesn't mean she can't like other music.

Who said she couldn't like any other types of music? I just question who her idols are.

It's obvious she takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that. 50% of Madonna's schtick and puts in her cauldron of mediocrity to simmer until...voila! the kids will never notice that originality is lacking in her recipe.

Sure it's popular to rag on Gaga, but for christ's sake, there's a ton of reasons to. I would rather listen to this all day (it's actually quite catchy).

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 am

I don't know, I really wouldn't be surprised if Cooper is one of her idols in the slightest. I'd much rather listen to Gaga over Rebecca Black. 'Friday' is infamously bad for so many blindingly obvious reasons. Ark Music's terrible song-writing, complete lack of lyrics beyond the brain-fart of a two year old and the creepily flat vocals of Black make for uneasy listening. At least Gaga can occasionally write a rather good song;

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 am

Smindas wrote:
I don't know, I really wouldn't be surprised if Cooper is one of her idols in the slightest. I'd much rather listen to Gaga over Rebecca Black. 'Friday' is infamously bad for so many blindingly obvious reasons. Ark Music's terrible song-writing, complete lack of lyrics beyond the brain-fart of a two year old and the creepily flat vocals of Black make for uneasy listening. At least Gaga can occasionally write a rather good song;

We'll have to disagree on this one. This may be our age difference kicking in. But Gaga has nothing I haven't heard before. Her fashion is very original, but the same can't be said for her music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

I believe Lady Gaga would pose with anyone famous, semi-famous, or somewhat known, regardless of their "influence". If it gets her picture out there, she's all for it. That's what she does. Creates attention/publicity for herself, good, bad or indifferent.

That's show biz baby. Make the most of those 15 minutes.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

Quote :
It's obvious she takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that. 50% of Madonna's schtick

I'd say the other 50% is taken from Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons. Particularly the odd fashion sense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 10:52 am

SpectreFate wrote:
We'll have to disagree on this one. This may be our age difference kicking in. But Gaga has nothing I haven't heard before. Her fashion is very original, but the same can't be said for her music.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm in agreement with you as far as she's not particularly original. As you said, it has all been done before - in Gaga's case, a lot of her shtick seems to come directly from Madonna, just with added weirdness. Only her image is remotely unique, and I honestly think she's trying too hard there.

Whilst I think it's folly of the media to regard her as "original", she isn't a bad song-writer at all. Not the best, of course, but I think she gets some undue flak at time. It's not like us lot here, listening to our well established metal-based genres, crave only pure originality. Sometimes good song-writing in an established pocket is fine. It isn't reinventing the wheel, but then, the wheel doesn't always needs reinvention.

N.B. I'm not a massive Lady Gaga fan or anything, honestly. I'm just trying to make a point.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:06 am

Smindas wrote:

N.B. I'm not a massive Lady Gaga fan or anything, honestly. I'm just trying to make a point.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion, sir.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am

Likewise mate, didn't mean to attack you or anything. Just healthy debate Smile

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:55 pm

I think she is really a huge Metal fan but is doing what she does to make $$$ because she figured she could make more $$$ in the pop world than the metal world
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF   Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper Band In The RNRHOF
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next