Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?

Go down 
+8
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
manny
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?   Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 am

Rick had two arms on Pyromania. His incident was on December 31st, 1984. I remember reading somewhere they had recorded Hysteria demos already by the time he lost his arm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?   Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:30 am

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is true. VH1 did an episode of Ultimate Albums on Pyromania, and the band themselves said pretty clearly that it was a drum machine on Pyroe. Rick Allen pretty much did nothing but cymbals.

I knew a guy who recorded demos with a drum machine but would not use the cymbal or hi-hat sounds...he would overdub those live...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?   Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:25 am

This is sort of funny, regarding the revelations into "Pyromania" and a drum machine being used. I can't remember which Metallica book I read (since I have many), but I remember where Lars was so impressed with the drum sound off "Pyromania", that he wanted to use Allen's Ludwig "Black Beauty" drum kit for the recording on "Ride The Lightning". I don't know if they said he was able to attain it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?   Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rick Allen did not play on 'Pyro' or 'Hysteria'?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2