Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!

Go down 
+13
Temple of Blood
mr.electric39
sovdat
krokus
brontotex
mc666
Troublezone
Shiney
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 3:36 pm

They didn't change their lyrical direction and their message, they didn't start to write ballads and stuff, the only thing that was different that they were playing music with a stronger touch of "modern" metal - so, they played "80s metal" in the 80s, and "90s" metal in the 90s; I don't think that this makes them selling out.

Howewer, I see a lot of people complaining how 90s/00s Slayer suck - but the music isn't so much different from the first 5 under the cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm

krokus wrote:
I dont know why some people say that SLAYER didnt sell out, like the other 4??? They tried to put modern influences in their music to sell more. On some of their 90s albums they realy suck big time with those strange modern sounds and riffs. No, SLAYER lost their 80s spirit on the way like METALLICA, ANTHRAX or MEGADETH, only they didnt try to sound and look to melodic and poppy (like METALLICA on LOAD/RELOAD, ahhhgggg).
It's called growing up and maturing. It's natural. Selling out is actually pretty rare.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 4:07 pm

I don't think Anthrax or Megadeth 'sold out' either. They
all just progressesed and morphed over the years. Who would expect any
of those bands to release the same album year after year? Shoot, even
bands like Kreator and Destruction changed and released non-thrash
albums in the 1990's. But that's besides the point. I never said that
Slayer sold out either. The guy who wrote that letter is obviously and
obsessed fan, and when I dared to say anything negative it set him off.
Oh well. Welcome to the Hall of Shame.

ult

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 5:59 pm

I doubt the guy who wrote that e-mail is over the age of 16.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 6:58 pm

I thought your response was perfect. I don't understand why it is when you, me or anyone else shares about their own influences, biases wherever they may come from we become 'targets' for insecure people who believe their point of view is the only 'true' one.

They are probably the same people who decry 'christians' as being intellectually dishonest and say 'christians' are for censorship and other poodoo......
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 7:08 pm

All the Bay Area thrash bands from the 80s sold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
All the Bay Area thrash bands from the 80s sold out.
You should change your username to Mr. Positive.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:19 pm

i don't think any of them "sold out". it crossed my mind, when Anthrax took a dump on everything they accomplished with Bush simply to jump back on the reunion band wagon with Belladonna... but musically i never heard them sell out.

Metallica, Slayer & Megadeth only did some experimenting with their sound. modernizing to whatever degree of success or failure. technically i guess Slayer is the only one still playing thrash though, albeit more modern. all three of them are still highly relevant though.

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 8:23 pm

a quote from glen tipton

'a band needs to evolve or the sands of time will swallow them up'

i fink thats pretty true
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:52 pm

sovdat wrote:
They didn't change their lyrical direction and their message, they didn't start to write ballads and stuff, the only thing that was different that they were playing music with a stronger touch of "modern" metal - so, they played "80s metal" in the 80s, and "90s" metal in the 90s; I don't think that this makes them selling out.

Howewer, I see a lot of people complaining how 90s/00s Slayer suck - but the music isn't so much different from the first 5 under the cover.

I respect your opinion Sovdat but for me a band that change with the fashion, incluiding modern sounds of today with their music, sell out. Bands like RUNNING WILD, RAVEN, UDO, GRAVE DIGGER, etc...have been making increible records for many years, some even longer then SLAYER, like RAVEN or ANVIL and always stayed true to their original sound, and thats what i respect.
HAIL.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 3:56 pm

I forgot something. Even if many of those glory bands have sold out sometimes in their lives, i still listen to those old albums, and when they make a good new album, i buy it too. And i go to see them live to listen to my fave songs of those bands.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:39 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Gerat reply, Scott. The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 309780

x2
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Gerat reply, Scott. The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 309780

I couldnt agree more.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:19 pm

lol!

Scott kicked his ass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2