Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!

Go down 
+13
Temple of Blood
mr.electric39
sovdat
krokus
brontotex
mc666
Troublezone
Shiney
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:46 pm

I'm thinking of including this one as my newest inclusion in the Hall of Shame. What is your opinion of this email exchange?

On Fri Jul 20 14:29 , Edward M. sent:
Quote :
just out of curiosity, is it your christian blindness that make you dislike slayer or are you just a few sandwiches shy of a picknick basket? it's amazing to me as a person who claims to love thrash which is obviously the dark side of music that you have yet to reach the age of reason. sorry you had the bible shoved down your throat growing up, i sympathize believe me, but you cannot deny the influence slayer has had on the entire genre and the fact that they are the only band left of the "big four" that hasn't sold out, turned into total crap or had some kind of midlife crisis where they ran away from their roots. the fact that every time they release an album it trumps everything released around the same time should tell you something. if you ask me they are one of the most underappreciated bands in the universe and i look forward to the day they get their place in the rock and roll hall of fame. they may not have been the first thrash band ever but they sure as hell did it louder, faster and better and noone out there holds a candle to them. and i am not a fanatic i am a realist i love just about everything heavy. i just think your unfortunate christian influence is blinding you to the truth. after slayer broke out every band that plays a heavy riff is influenced or in their own way trying to emulate slayer. jesus even kurt cobain thanks slayer as an influence in his albums. i think you need to put the bible away, pop on any one of their albums and just sit back, shut up and enjoy. religious influence or opinion has no place in the underground unless it's being slandered.

My reply:
Quote :
Hello Edward,

So, are you saying you like Slayer? LOL!

Seriously, where did I say I disliked Slayer? Where did I discredit them and say they weren't a hugely influential band? I think I was pretty clear on what I like and don't like about them and why. I gave "Show No Mercy" and especially "South of Heaven" raving reviews. I said things like "there is no denying Slayer's place in metal history," "this is one monumental and important album as far as it's place in heavy metal history", "you can hear Slayer's influence in much of 1990's thrash metal and you can also attribute much of the death metal genre to Reign in Blood" and "this is musically one great thrash metal opus". How much more praise can I heap on them to gain your approval? Just because I express my dislike of some of the lyrical ideas doesn't mean I dislike them.

Every opinion has a place in the metal underground. If you stifle "religious influence or opinion", you'd have to get rid of an lot of great heavy metal. You obviously think that I have a bias, but your opinion about "religious influence or opinion having no place in the underground" is equally as biased, if not moreso. Your opinion is that of censorship, while mine is simply expressing what I like and dislike about some lyrical ideas.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm

picknick basket

*giggles*
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 1:58 pm

I bet you get tired of these kind of emails.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:03 pm

is that guys shift button broken? because i didn't see a single capital word in the entire email. know what i mean?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:08 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Nahhh. They just amuse me. I never understand why people get so upset over my opinion. Who the heck cares what I think? Who the heck am I?

However, my Slayer and Def Leppard pages do tend to get the most hate mail, probably due to my strong opinion on them.

Besides, for every one of those emails, I get 20 emails praising the site and telling me how they discovered new bands, or how they had forgotten some band and was glad to rediscoverer them, or are glad to meet another metal fan who is not afraid to say they are a Christian, or whatever. I get a good 30 to 50 emails a week or more.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Nahhh. They just amuse me. I never understand why people get so upset over my opinion. Who the heck cares what I think? Who the heck am I?

However, my Slayer and Def Leppard pages do tend to get the most hate mail, probably due to my strong opinion on them.

Besides, for every one of those emails, I get 20 emails praising the site and telling me how they discovered new bands, or how they had forgotten some band and was glad to rediscoverer them, or are glad to meet another metal fan who is not afraid to say they are a Christian, or whatever. I get a good 30 to 50 emails a week or more.

Well hell Scott, I think i'd still be stuck with like 15 CDs and thinking Metallica invented Metal if i diden't discover your site.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Gerat reply, Scott. The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:54 pm

Slayer sucked, sucks, and will forever suck! Forward that to Edward!

Just try to start trouble. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:56 pm

At least this guy was somewhat civil in his e-mail to you, Ult (no four letter words, or "LOL UR SITE SUX CUZ YOU HATE SLAYER U MUST BE A POSER LOL"). I've read some other "Hall of Shame" entries on your site that were more mean-spirited than this one.

I give you credit for sending him a thoughtful reply; cuz if I had a site like yours and got e-mails like these on a regular basis I'd probably start responding "Ehhh, bite me, Zippy" to every single one. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
At least this guy was somewhat civil in his e-mail to you, Ult. I've read some other "Hall of Shame" entries on your site that were more mean-spirited than this one.

I give you credit for sending him a thoughtful reply; cuz if I had a site like yours and got e-mails like that I'd probably respond "Ehhh, bite me, Zippy" to every single one. Smile

Laughing very hard
Seriously, I did LOL on that one.

To be quite honest, sometimes my first thought is "bite me", but I try to think , rather than react, before I type a reply.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm with Chairman...PICKNICK BASKET....tee hee hee..

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
At least this guy was somewhat civil in his e-mail to you, Ult. I've read some other "Hall of Shame" entries on your site that were more mean-spirited than this one.

I give you credit for sending him a thoughtful reply; cuz if I had a site like yours and got e-mails like that I'd probably respond "Ehhh, bite me, Zippy" to every single one. Smile

Laughing very hard
Seriously, I did LOL on that one.

To be quite honest, sometimes my first thought is "bite me", but I try to think , rather than react, before I type a reply.

Obviously you're better suited to having your own site than I am. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:04 pm

Shiney wrote:
I'm with Chairman...PICKNICK BASKET....tee hee hee..

"Hey Boo-Boo!" lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:06 pm

No, I don't think it's that I'm better suited.

I came to the conclusion long ago that the snap reaction is exactly what they are hoping for. They aren't really expressing their opinion as much as they are reacting and striking out to something they didn't like on my site. They are hoping to just get under my skin. They never, ever expect a somewhat intelligent response. I think that tends to get under their skin moreso than if I gave them the knee-jerk reaction they were hoping for.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Scott....I say you get your band to name a little ditty after this pin prick called "SLAYER PICKNICK"...just some trash heavy riffing nd Ygi cartoon samples....whoo heehee hee!!!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 3:10 pm

SLAYER PICKNICK!!!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 4:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SLAYER PICKNICK!!!! Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard Hell yea, you guys have to do it!! Release it as a CD single or somethin'. I'd buy one.
You could put "SLAYER PICKNICK" on the back of some Ultimatum T-shirts too!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 4:24 pm

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Pearls2007020949720
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Actually Slayer have sold out in their own way, Touring with a alternative/goth band like Manson. Hot Topic is a mall metal store for posers and that's who is sponsering the tour. Not to mention they are nowhere as good as they used to be starting with (Undisputed Attitude) on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Your Def Leppard opinions irked me when I first read them. I never felt the need to e-mail you, though. Haha. I just felt like everything you criticized Def Leppard on could be said exactly the same way about Aerosmith. But they're one of your favorites, and Def Leppard is my all-time favorite, so we're likely both wrong! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2007 8:38 pm

Oh, and I just checked, Kurt Cobain never thanked Slayer in any CD.

Turds lose again!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 am

meh, at least you aknowledge them. you could have left them out altogether like you do with death & black metal (generally), since lyrically they can be similar (generally).

your site balances out for me though since i love Slayer, but dislike Def Leppard. at least you don't give Rust In Peace a bad review like a certain tosser we know & love. Razz

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 12:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
meh, at least you aknowledge them. you could have left them out altogether like you do with death & black metal (generally), since lyrically they can be similar (generally).

your site balances out for me though since i love Slayer, but dislike Def Leppard. at least you don't give Rust In Peace a bad review like a certain tosser we know & love. Razz

Yes that baffles me! So Far So Good was my favourite... but kmorg... a new low?!?
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 1:28 pm

Shiney wrote:
Scott....I say you get your band to name a little ditty after this pin prick called "SLAYER PICKNICK"...just some trash heavy riffing nd Ygi cartoon samples....whoo heehee hee!!!

We actually did discuss naming an instrumental "North Of Hell"
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 1:46 pm

I dont know why some people say that SLAYER didnt sell out, like the other 4??? They tried to put modern influences in their music to sell more. On some of their 90s albums they realy suck big time with those strange modern sounds and riffs. No, SLAYER lost their 80s spirit on the way like METALLICA, ANTHRAX or MEGADETH, only they didnt try to sound and look to melodic and poppy (like METALLICA on LOAD/RELOAD, ahhhgggg).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!   The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hall of Shame and SLAYER!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next