Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what do you do for a living...

Go down 
+29
Joe
Zdan
shamgar75
DallasBlack
kmorg
Leatherface
stevegarveyfan
troublemagnet
martinsane
nevermore
adrian
Addy
olias
Hamer12
James B.
SlaytanicPOWER
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
bassman
tohostudios
Smindas
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
exact33
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:44 am

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Well, I finally did get paid, albeit over 12 hours late so all is good. I was already in a foul mood before I didn't get my pay and the Allen-Lande CD not showing up was starting to get on my nerves (that and the lack of a reply from the company that I ordered it from added to it). I'm just so full of rage these days from a combination of my job, position in life, and a difficulty in finding a job in my chosen profession that it doesn't take much to push my buttons. But for now, I am a-ok.

that company wasnt metalseason by any chance?

Darn tootin! I got tired of waiting so I bought the download from Amazon. I went with metalseason to save on the import price but ended up paying it anyways. I would wait longer, but a lack of a reply from them doesn't instill confindence in me.

I am about ready to file a paypal grievance. All I got from the guy was "Ill have to check with my warehouse..'

Keep us updated on that. I ordered my Accept disc from there with no problems. Arrived in a few days, no fuss, no muss. I was going to put in another order, but now I'm hesitant.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Well, I finally did get paid, albeit over 12 hours late so all is good. I was already in a foul mood before I didn't get my pay and the Allen-Lande CD not showing up was starting to get on my nerves (that and the lack of a reply from the company that I ordered it from added to it). I'm just so full of rage these days from a combination of my job, position in life, and a difficulty in finding a job in my chosen profession that it doesn't take much to push my buttons. But for now, I am a-ok.

that company wasnt metalseason by any chance?

Darn tootin! I got tired of waiting so I bought the download from Amazon. I went with metalseason to save on the import price but ended up paying it anyways. I would wait longer, but a lack of a reply from them doesn't instill confindence in me.

I am about ready to file a paypal grievance. All I got from the guy was "Ill have to check with my warehouse..'

Keep us updated on that. I ordered my Accept disc from there with no problems. Arrived in a few days, no fuss, no muss. I was going to put in another order, but now I'm hesitant.

still no cds and no response.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 am

Maybe I'll wait till the rush of the holiday season is over to place my order. They have limited stock when it comes to my taste in music, but the price on those Hardcore Superstar discs is hard to beat.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:39 am

Zdan wrote:
I am a American Literature and Culture Major. Currently working as a teacher, translator, journalist and I also sometimes a bouncer.

Sounds like we share the same field of expertise. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:33 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Zdan wrote:
I am a American Literature and Culture Major. Currently working as a teacher, translator, journalist and I also sometimes a bouncer.

Sounds like we share the same field of expertise. Wink

Very cool. I did my studies in American Lit. and Culture because of my big fascination with all things connected to it. Pro-wrestling, comic books, gothic tales, beatniks, pulp sci-fi, fantasy tales of Leiber and Howard. My main job is translation of all kinds but I also sometimes do editing, journalism and teach English. The bouncer job was only temporary and when I really couldn't get money.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:56 am

The thing I hate most about my job as a stocker is paper cuts on my hands. I'd much rather have deep cuts on my hand than those.

As far as my non-existent automotive career, unfortunatly I must continue my job search without ASE certification. I failed my two tests (one of them very miserably). Next time I purchase the study guides.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm a full time student majoring in nothing, and work part time as a warehouse manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:43 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I'm a full time student majoring in nothing...

That's what I got my degree in.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:45 pm

Clean houses. Luckily, I've gotten a little bit of work lately which is why I haven't been hanging around much.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:49 pm

id love to get a job. ive applied for loads this semester and either heard nothing or rejections which sucks
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:02 am

Job market where I am is pretty rough as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 am

its a shame cos i want to work but there are so many people applying for each job its just stupid. what with the ridicolous cost of living in the uk the student loan barely cuts it
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah, it's the same here, too.

And the saddest thing is that many college graduates here in the states wind up in jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees.

Last edited by GrimBeornTheOld on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 am

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
Yeah, it's the same here, too.

And the saddest thing is that many college graduates here the states wind up in jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees.

Yep, story of my life.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:30 am

i doubt theres much call for people with my degree. i like it though (international relations and modern history)
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 pm

Unless you have a degree in a specific trade, you just need to have that little piece of paper for the extra money you'll get paid for having it. It drives me nuts. I went to college for 7 years (I'm not a doctor, just a slacker) and never got my degree. lol

It drives me nuts to see over the years some of the people I've worked with that have degress, and they are completely worthless.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 pm

my mates sister has a degree in ancient history and worked in a foof plant for years. shes now gone back to uni so she can train to become a social worker (i think) .

i never get why america calls it college. to me college is something completely different.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:28 pm

I have a techincal degree in automotive technology but can't get an automotive job to save my life. The problem with most degrees is that more employers look for experience than schooling. It is a plus when added to that but without the experience you have to search long and hard before getting a job in your particular field.

A tiny off topic but work related. I refuse to go to sleep right now so I can enjoy as much of my time off as possible. I was asked by my manager to help her out and work Sunday night (which would mean I would have to have gone to sleep hours ago) but I refused. Every work day since after Halloween has been busy and I haven't been able to complete most of my tasks and she has refused to send me help (though she sends people to help in other departments). While I could use the extra money more hours would provide, I refuse to help her out when she won't do anyting to help me so I'm willing to cut off my nose to spite my face in this matter.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 pm

every job needs experience these days. how do you actually get it. take bar work. you must have experience so the only way is if your family owns a bar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what do you do for a living...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3