Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what do you do for a living...

Go down 
+29
Joe
Zdan
shamgar75
DallasBlack
kmorg
Leatherface
stevegarveyfan
troublemagnet
martinsane
nevermore
adrian
Addy
olias
Hamer12
James B.
SlaytanicPOWER
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
bassman
tohostudios
Smindas
mc666
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
exact33
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 am

Work maintenance at a health clinic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:06 pm

Auto refinish work

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 pm

I don't make a living because I can't get a decent job at this time. I survive by the generosity of my dad and my job as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 pm

cube rat

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Working with trouble teens on a youth ranch. Miss the city.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm a cab driver.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Seems like I'm the only one who can blow up easier than most :flames: So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 754598

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:28 pm

Civil Engineer - I build roads Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:20 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm a cab driver.

You're never gonna win.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:35 pm

I am a American Literature and Culture Major. Currently working as a teacher, translator, journalist and I also sometimes a bouncer.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm just a gigolo:

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:55 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I don't make a living because I can't get a decent job at this time. I survive by the generosity of my dad and my job as an overnight stocker at Wal-Mart.

At this point in time, that isn't even true. Usually with my direct deposit, I get paid Wednesday morning but I have yet to get my money. Hopefully, they can rectify the situation soon because I'm running on fumes at this point, but as of now I've been working for free. Needless to say (so why am I saying it?), I am not a happy person right now. That and a CD I ordered over two weeks ago still has not arrived and the company hasn't replied to my inquiry yet. If what they say is true and it comes in threes, tonight at work will not be pleasant.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:00 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

At this point in time, that isn't even true. Usually with my direct deposit, I get paid Wednesday morning but I have yet to get my money. Hopefully, they can rectify the situation soon because I'm running on fumes at this point, but as of now I've been working for free. Needless to say (so why am I saying it?), I am not a happy person right now. That and a CD I ordered over two weeks ago still has not arrived and the company hasn't replied to my inquiry yet. If what they say is true and it comes in threes, tonight at work will not be pleasant.

Sounds like you may be in the mood for some brutal death metal! Wink
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 pm

Joe wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Sounds like you may be in the mood for some brutal death metal! Wink

Maybe that's why I like those samples so much Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:18 am

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

its time to go all Manowar on the company!!!

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:46 am

Well, I finally did get paid, albeit over 12 hours late so all is good. I was already in a foul mood before I didn't get my pay and the Allen-Lande CD not showing up was starting to get on my nerves (that and the lack of a reply from the company that I ordered it from added to it). I'm just so full of rage these days from a combination of my job, position in life, and a difficulty in finding a job in my chosen profession that it doesn't take much to push my buttons. But for now, I am a-ok.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:29 am

I am just glad I can work a schedule I like and not 9-5 as most people. Being a translator is really swell.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Zdan wrote:
I am just glad I can work a schedule I like and not 9-5 as most people. Being a translator is really swell.

I'd love to have a 9 to 5 job and have weekends off. I used to not want that but now I just want an average life. I can't put up with overnights anymore, it is the main reason why I lack any sort of a social life and a contributing factor to my lost spiritual life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:58 pm

I worked nights and wouldn't wish them on anyone. You have to be a different personality to mesh well with night work. Hang in man.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:35 pm

I am a full-time student, my job is to excel in all of my classes and tell everyone my woes of how much it sucks.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Zdan wrote:

I'd love to have a 9 to 5 job and have weekends off. I used to not want that but now I just want an average life. I can't put up with overnights anymore, it is the main reason why I lack any sort of a social life and a contributing factor to my lost spiritual life.

See the beauty of it is - when I need weekends off - they are off. When not - I work. Same applies basicly to everything. Sure - there are deadlines and sometimes I work on multiple projects at once but the pay is superb (for me at least - remember I'm 24) and I work from home.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Well, I finally did get paid, albeit over 12 hours late so all is good. I was already in a foul mood before I didn't get my pay and the Allen-Lande CD not showing up was starting to get on my nerves (that and the lack of a reply from the company that I ordered it from added to it). I'm just so full of rage these days from a combination of my job, position in life, and a difficulty in finding a job in my chosen profession that it doesn't take much to push my buttons. But for now, I am a-ok.

that company wasnt metalseason by any chance?

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Darn tootin! I got tired of waiting so I bought the download from Amazon. I went with metalseason to save on the import price but ended up paying it anyways. I would wait longer, but a lack of a reply from them doesn't instill confindence in me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:17 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Darn tootin! I got tired of waiting so I bought the download from Amazon. I went with metalseason to save on the import price but ended up paying it anyways. I would wait longer, but a lack of a reply from them doesn't instill confindence in me.

I am about ready to file a paypal grievance. All I got from the guy was "Ill have to check with my warehouse..'

stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm

For those of you out of work, let me recommend the website that landed me a great job this week. It's called www.jobsbyfax.com/beta2. You simply follow the instructions and upload a 'generic' resume and cover letter. You select the criteria, and this company will fax your resume out to as many fax numbers as they have, based on the criteria you select.

Because of this website, I just got the job at a local company making more than I'm making right now. It does cost money, but not much, when you weigh the benefits of finding the right job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what do you do for a living...   So what do you do for a living... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what do you do for a living...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next