Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your fave NEVERMORE album

Go down 
+19
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Gilbert
MetalRob331
Temple of Blood
Lari
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
kmorg
Smindas
Lurideath
adrian
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
ultmetal
Ben Grimm
nevermore
krokus
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Your fave NEVERMORE album Empty
PostSubject: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:49 pm

Like to know about your fave NEVERMORE album. I like most of them a lot but i think that their live album THE YEAR OF THE VOYAGER is great because many of their great songs are on it like this one for exemple:

Let me know about your fave album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Politics Of Ecstasy and Dreaming Neon Black are my favorites but I enjoy all their albums.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 pm

This Godless Endevor
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Dead Heart in a Dead World
Dreaming Neon Black
Politics of Ecstasy

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:32 pm

I forgot about Dead Heart in a Dead World
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 pm

I like all of their albums to varying degrees but if I were to rank them in order of preference:

1. Dead Heart in A Dead World
2. Dreaming Neon Black
3. The Obsidian Conspiracy
4. This Godless Endeavor
5. The Politics of Ecstasy
6. Nevermore
7. Enemies of Reality
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm

Politics and Dead Heart.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Dreaming Neon Black for me, it's so dark and gothy and yet so aggressive at the same time.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 pm

Refuge Denied Laughing

Actually I don't own any Nevermore albums. But I have heard some through my brother since he likes them a lot. I think my favorite so far has been Dreaming Neon Black.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:01 am

Don't have the Obsidian Conspiracy yet so I can't rate that one but as for the rest (in descending order):

Dreaming Neon Black
The Politics Of Ecstasy
Dead Heart In A Dead World
In Memory
Nevermore
This Godless Endeavor
Enemies Of Reality
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:01 am

Dreaming Neon Black
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:26 am

They have a consistently good discography, but This Godless Endeavour remains a cut above the rest to me. I remember the first time I heard that album, my jaw hit the floor. It was incredible.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 am

Almost impossible to choose. Perhaps Dreaming Neon Black.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:35 am

I'm only missing one album, This Godless Endeavor, so I beleive I can answer this one. My favorite is Dreaming Neon Black (my first of theirs) followed directly by Dead Heart In A Dead World.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 am

Dead Heart In A Dead World with Dreaming Neon Black Being a close second

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Dead Heart is my favourite, definitely. Probably followed by Politics of Ecstasy.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Politics Of Ecstasy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

OK, I was wrong, I'm missing two albums (I forgot about Politics Of Ecstasy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 am

Dead Heart in a Dead World is IMO one of the best HEAVY METAL albums of all time. It has aggression, melody, progression, emotion, anger, and love. That album is my fav by not only them, most albums ever released.

A def island album for me....
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

[quote="adrian"]Refuge Denied Laughing

Same here headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am

Dead Heart in a Dead World is probably my fav. Contains my favorite song by the band, 'Believe in Nothing', so it wins by default.

I don't care for the live album Year of the Voyager. It just reeks of "contract filler".

Yes, the songs are played well and it's a decent enough selection of their discography, but it's way too sterile for a live album and there is nothing essential on the album. The songs are played pretty much as you'd hear them on the studio albums. No extended jams, obscure covers, changed-up arrangements or crowd particiaption. And Warrel's stage banter needs some work.

I bought it as a new release because I'm a fan-boy and a completist for their discography, but it's pretty much everything I dislike about live albums in general.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:45 am

Probably Politics Of Ecstasy ...

Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Smindas wrote:
They have a consistently good discography, but This Godless Endeavour remains a cut above the rest to me. I remember the first time I heard that album, my jaw hit the floor. It was incredible.

+1
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:32 pm

I gotta go with DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD. That was the album where Nevermore finally "clicked" for me. I was a casual fan at best prior to that album, I had a couple of the earlier discs and liked a couple of songs on each, but wouldn't say I was really sold on'em. DEAD HEART finally made me go "OK, now I get it."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Dead Heart edges out Dreaming Neon Black by just a bit, which in turn edges Godless Endeavor. Any given day I could choose any of these as my favorite. If I were asked to choose a list of favorite tunes by them, most would come from these three albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your fave NEVERMORE album   Your fave NEVERMORE album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your fave NEVERMORE album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next