Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Country Communion

Go down 
+11
Wrecked Neck
ZetaReticuli
Temple of Blood
James B.
Planchaaaa
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
manny
Metal Misfit
BillRoxx
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Country Communion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:40 pm

BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION, the Anglo-American rock supergroup featuring the talents of bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, TRAPEZE, BLACK SABBATH), blues rock guitarist/vocalist Joe Bonamassa, drummer Jason Bonham (LED ZEPPELIN), and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER), will release its second album, simply entitled "2", in Europe on June 13 via Mascot Records and in the U.S. on June 14, 2011 through the J&R Adventures label.

"2" track listing:

01. The Outsider
02. Man In The Middle
03. I Can See Your Spirit
04. The Battle For Hadrian's Wall
05. Save Me
06. Cold
07. Smokestack Woman
08. Faithless
09. An Ordinary Son
10. Little Secret
11. Crossfire
12. Crawl

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:05 am

Bump for new album cover...

Black Country Communion - Page 2 Bcc2cover

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Heard the new record, it's quite good but just like the first album, it doesn't have enough faster songs and that's what bugs me. The majority of it is just mid-paced stuff but i did enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 1:08 am

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Heard the new single last night. Sounds like more of the same as the debut, which is just fine by me.

It didn't grab me right away, but I've really grown to enjoy that album. Hopefully this new one won't disappoint. I can't imagine them straying too far off from the first album. If they make it to a 3rd album (fingers crossed), that's where you'll probably see them stretching their wings a bit.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 11:40 am

So according to both Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham, Black Country Communion is reuniting and are planning a comeback album for early 2017.

Anyone care?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Love that band and hope it works out. Hopefully it will last long enough where I'll get a chance to see them live. Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Both bcc albums did nothing for me, which was unexpected, but I'm willing to give them another chance.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 2:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Both bcc albums did nothing for me, which was unexpected, but I'm willing to give them another chance.

There was 3 actually, but yea, they're kinda boring. Joe Bonamassa plays with all the feeling and passion of a robot, whereas Glenn Hughes would over emote his breakfast order to the waitress at the diner.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 6:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

There was 3 actually, but yea, they're kinda boring. Joe Bonamassa plays with all the feeling and passion of a robot, whereas Glenn Hughes would over emote his breakfast order to the waitress at the diner.

Ah, 3. That's how much I lost touch with them after the first two haha.

What is it about Joe's playing? Dude is phenomenal but sounds so phoned in more than half the time.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 6:14 pm

Joe is a great guitarist and I like BCC a lot but I agree that his playing is phoned in a lot of the time and I think it's partly due to him being so prolific that he doesn't sit on some ideas long enough.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 6:35 pm

akeldama wrote:
Joe is a great guitarist and I like BCC a lot but I agree that his playing is phoned in a lot of the time and I think it's partly due to him being so prolific that he doesn't sit on some ideas long enough.

That's a very good point...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 11:03 am

Joe's playing just comes off as cold and mechanical to me. Skilled and prolific, yes. But no passion or emotion. BB King (God rest his soul) had more passion in one diabetic amputated toe than Joe has in his whole body.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:47 pm

BCC is a mystery. Given the lineup, these guys should be smoking. I'll give them another shot.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 9:21 am

journeyman wrote:
BCC is a mystery. Given the lineup, these guys should be smoking. I'll give them another shot.

That's how I feel about Chickenfoot and they are underwhelming yet I still like 'em. BCC has done more collectively than Chickenfoot IMO.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 10:09 am

akeldama wrote:
journeyman wrote:

That's how I feel about Chickenfoot and they are underwhelming yet I still like 'em. BCC has done more collectively than Chickenfoot IMO.

Chickenfoot is supposedly getting back in the studio too. Now that's a reunion I can get behind.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 12:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
akeldama wrote:
journeyman wrote:

Chickenfoot is supposedly getting back in the studio too. Now that's a reunion I can get behind.

For the past, I dunno, six months, I've been binging on Van Hagar. I'm finally coming around to respecting Sammy and his various works. That said, as much as I poo-poo'd Chickenfoot before, they're growing on me now--a third album would be welcome at this point.

And Sach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bonnamassa (sp?).
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Don't get me wrong, I totally dig Chickenfoot cuz I'm a Hagar and Satch fanboy but I think I expected better lyrics from Hagar. I think he wrote some good stuff during the VH years. Not everything was choice but songs like "The Seventh Seal", "Right Now" and "Mine All Mine" were well written. I bought the two Chickenfoot albums on vinyl and CD.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 2:17 pm

*BUMP* Since I've been jamming both bands.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:01 pm

So has anyone bothered keeping up with BCC and their new album? I re-visited their old stuff and had no desire to invest in anything new. Am I missing out?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm

If you didn't care much for the earlier  BCC albums, you aren't missing out on the new  one.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 3:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So has anyone bothered keeping up with BCC and their new album? I re-visited their old stuff and had no desire to invest in anything new. Am I missing out?
I really liked the first albums, but forgot they put out a new one. I might pick it up one day soon, but I'm in no real rush.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Country Communion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2