Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battalions of Fear

Go down 
+5
exact33
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
ryanmetalman
Gilbert
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 am

One of the best speed/thrash metal releases ever. I was spinning it in my car on my way to work this morning.

It's so intense and fast.

I must admit my love for blind guardian is because of this album and follow the blind.

I just hope they go back to playing this style, as they master it so damn well Battalions of Fear 11840
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:02 am

I remember picking that up at Hastings as an import. I already had "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" and loved it. I thought it was so cool I peeled the "Made in Germany" sticker off the rapper and applied it to the jewel case.

I remember hearing "Guardian of the Blind" for the first time. That little chant had me wanting to sing along. I was disappointed that "Gandalf's Rebirth" was an instrumental, but I still thought it was cool.

I was also disappointed by the lack of lyrics, but Hansi was pretty easy to follow for the most part.

I haven't played it in a while. I'm gonna have to change that!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 pm

both those first two blind guardian albums rip. Battalions of Fear 11840
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Should have only had half the songs it did on it since the other half are basically the same songs with more redundancy, but that one half is some very good 'Walls of Jericho' school of speed metal. Of the first two I think 'Battallions' is the better album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:04 pm

i like it except barbara ann....

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Yea Barbara ann killed it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Never could understand why they tacked Barbara Ann on there. That should have been relegated to a b-side.Otherwise,it's an awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:59 pm

007 wrote:
Never could understand why they tacked Barbara Ann on there. That should have been relegated to a b-side.Otherwise,it's an awesome album.

Probably because its humorous. I think all their beach boys covers are hella funny. Battalions of Fear Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Should have only had half the songs it did on it since the other half are basically the same songs with more redundancy, but that one half is some very good 'Walls of Jericho' school of speed metal. Of the first two I think 'Battallions' is the better album.

That's pretty much how I feel. You take the best of 'Battalions' and 'Follow' and you have one badass album!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:12 pm

Stender wrote:
007 wrote:

Probably because its humorous. I think all their beach boys covers are hella funny. Battalions of Fear Icon_biggrin

Oh,I don't mind their covers. They just kind of stick out on their albums.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:14 am

Battalions of Fear absolutely shreds. What an awesome album. Too bad they quit playing speed metal after the second album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:39 am

The rest of the blid guardian catalogue serves nothing but a space filler on my shelves. I'm not really interested in buying their new release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battalions of Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battalions of Fear   Battalions of Fear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battalions of Fear
Page 1 of 1