Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear of God - Within the Veil

Go down 
+4
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
AchrisK
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Fear of God - Within the Veil Empty
PostSubject: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 3:32 pm

I have heard excellent things about this release. I do hear some great guitar work, but otherwise it seems rather dull. Do you people like this?

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 3:56 pm

I like it. It's unique IMO. Dawn Crosby has such a cool voice.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 4:03 pm

I enjoy it. I'm with Ult, Dawn has such a unique and charismatic voice.

It's very moody. I don't listen to it often, but if I'm in the right mood, I am blown away by it every time.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 4:25 pm

One of my favorites... almost gothic in atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:37 pm

Yeah...I may give it another try, but I pretty much don't like it enough to keep it at this point.

Maybe it's just expectations that are catching me off guard.

ack
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:21 am

this is one of my all time favorite albums. to this day it remains in my top 10. Dawn was very special.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 12:45 pm

Origionally got it on tape from a used tape store in 93 after hearing a song of theirs on a radio station (played underground music on Sunday nights around midnight) and ever since then have liked it. It was one of the first albums I heard that was that dark and heavy (my first being Abigail) and the banchee-like vocals of Dawn were the coolest I've ever heard from a chick.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:09 pm

It's OK. Not something I would seek out to purchase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:30 pm

I love it! Took me ages to find it, though. In fact, I didn't get it until I joined lala.com (thanks to Ult, who mentioned lala, where he got it from, in his review for the album). It's not like Toxic Voodoo, not as fast and heavy, so it caught me off guard. That said, it's very dark and moody, and as Shiney said, very gothic in sound and feeling. It's a great album, I think.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:40 pm

Bumping an old thread.

Saw this cd in a shop today, but passed on it. Is it worth going back for? Is it a rareity or anything? They wanted $8 bucks for it.

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 10:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bumping an old thread.

Saw this cd in a shop today, but passed on it. Is it worth going back for? Is it a rareity or anything? They wanted $8 bucks for it.

Go get it. If you don't like it, trade it to me. But I dont think its rare.

EDIT: It IS rare. Buy it and make some money on eBay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:12 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bumping an old thread.

Yeah its uber rare! Its definately worth it if its only 8 bucks, even if you dont like it sell that sucker!

As far as Dawn Crosby(RIP) material goes, I think Detente is better than fear of god in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:25 pm

Stender wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Bumping an old thread.

Yeah its uber rare! Its definately worth it if its only 8 bucks, even if you dont like it sell that sucker!

As far as Dawn Crosby(RIP) material goes, I think Detente is better than fear of god in my opinion.

Yea, I just sniffed around on ebay & Amazon and both places were pretty pricey. I just may have to go back and snag that one. There were a few other cd's in the shop that caught my eye as well anyway.

PostSubject: Re: Fear of God - Within the Veil   Fear of God - Within the Veil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear of God - Within the Veil
Page 1 of 1