Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Randy Rose is back

Go down 
+6
stepcousin
kmorg
thejokeriv
Shiney
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:56 am

Randy Rose is back ROSE-0041a_1280888120

I'm sure some of the old time Christian metallers here remember Randy Rose, the former Mad at the World member who also released a couple of pretty cool records under his own name in the early 90s (SACRIFICIUM and HEALING being my faves). His albums were very derivative of Danzig but they were still fun listens.

Anyway, Randy's back and working on new stuff, fronting an all new band that features his son and daughter in the lineup (!). Apparently his new album that's in the works should be titled WITCHBURNER.

A couple of new tracks can be found here:
http://www.reverbnation.com/randyrose

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:32 am

Loved his first two albums and that live EP.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:00 am

"Sacrificium" is a killer album.....Now I gotta go see if i can find my copy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:36 am

Anybody listen to the new tunes on the page I linked? They sound pretty good ('specially the last one, "Run To Me")...if those are really his kids playing on these tunes, then he's got a pretty talented family...

Though I gotta say, that new "band photo" looks like Adam Lambert sitting between Jack and Meg White of the White Stripes. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Which one is the son?

Cool new tunes, i'm actually surprised.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Sounds good - but they look like an EMO band!!! WTF?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Never knew he was one of the members from Mad at The World! You learn something new every day....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
Never knew he was one of the members from Mad at The World! You learn something new every day....

ha ha, thats funny, you really had me there.....wait, you mean you really didnt know that?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:03 am

stepcousin wrote:
kmorg wrote:

ha ha, thats funny, you really had me there.....wait, you mean you really didnt know that?

Now, I never knew that. Then again, I was never a fan of Rose anyhow. Only ever owned the live EP, but didn't like it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:16 am

There's something strangely attractive about emo girls... Laughing
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I like the first 2 albums, I'll be getting this.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:56 am

Dave the Boss wrote:

Goes the same for goth girls (and just like them, when they're ugly...they're UGGGLLLYYY!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Goes the same for goth girls (and just like them, when they're ugly...they're UGGGLLLYYY!!!)
Ha! So true.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
stepcousin wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Now, I never knew that. Then again, I was never a fan of Rose anyhow. Only ever owned the live EP, but didn't like it.

Yup...he was the drummer. His brother was the singer.

I liked the Seasons Of Love album from MATW back in the day...it was like a Hard Rock version of The Smiths...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Randy Rose is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Rose is back   Randy Rose is back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Rose is back
Page 1 of 1