Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signature Guitar Picks...

Go down 
+33
brokentulsa
SwordsChains
Pax
Orion Crystal Ice
djnefilim
adrian
Andy
Wargod
holydiver97595
exact33
GrandNational
nevermore
DiamondHead
thrash_man
jerseyultifan+
DallasBlack
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
TheGooch
franang
Troublezone
Mortuary
martinsane
DeathCult
EvyMetal
mr.electric39
Smindas
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
ghost
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Signature Guitar Picks... Empty
PostSubject: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm

I've been collecting signature guitar picks from bands for years. I have a couple hundred of them. Many of them were caught at concerts or given to me directly by band members. Anyone have any of these? If so, who?

Also, as an FYI, I have several picks for trade if anyone has any they would like to trade.

Below are a few of my picks and some stories about where I acquired them from. I'll post more if anyone is interested.

Signature Guitar Picks... Lizzy_pick
This one was given to me by Lizzy's bassist Marten Andersson at their recent show in Albuquerque with W.A.S.P.

Signature Guitar Picks... Hirax_angelo_pick
Bass pick, this one belonged to Hirax bassist Angelo Espino. Angelo had also performed with Reverend and Uncle Slam in the past. Angelo threw these out with his first Once Dead performance in Switzerland in 2005. When I was recording some demos with Once Dead in California I saw a pile of these in his apartment and asked to have one. He handed me the whole dang pile and said, "they're yours."

Signature Guitar Picks... Sava_frostpick1
Given to me directly by Jack Frost who I contacted on-line some years ago. He was a short-lived member of Savatage and now is in Seven Witches & Bronx Casket Company.

Signature Guitar Picks... Overkill_vernipick2
One of my favorite picks. Caught this one at Overkill's show in Albuquerque at the Launchpad on the RELIX IV tour. Got to meet DD as well. He was actually very cool. He HATES cigarettes. He was yanking them out of fans mouths right from the stage and stamping them out on stage. LOL!

Signature Guitar Picks... Overkill_vernipick4
DD Verni (Overkill) pick from Gigantour '06. Several picks came flying close by, but none close enough to catch. So, I actually just asked DD for a pick when Ovekill were greeting fans. He stuck his hand in his pocket and handed me this pick.

Signature Guitar Picks... Overkill_joepick
Joe Comeau pick, who went on to sing for Annihilator. (Wish he was still in Annihilator. Best vocalist they ever had.) Unfortunately no interesting story to go along with this one. Purchased it on Ebay some years ago. I have about 10 Overkill picks in my collection.

Signature Guitar Picks... Motorhead_pic1
A pick from Motorhead's Phil Campbell. Nearly lost my hand scrambling to get this one at the C.O.C/Motorhead concert a few years ago, yet I prevailed. Silly little moshers...
Great pick!

Signature Guitar Picks... Ultipick2
Ultimatum guitar pick. We pressed these up a few years ago to throw out at shows. Robert, Rob and Steve Trujillo all used them at one point or another. Larry Farkas also threw some of these out at Elements of Rock Festival in Switzerland, 2005. One of two Ultimatum pick designs over the years.

Signature Guitar Picks... Ted_finger_pick1
And here's one to offend the masses!

Signature Guitar Picks... Nugent_pick_03
This one was given to my son by Ted Nugent himself when we went to meet him at a book signing for his wife's book "Married to a Rock Star." Ted was very cool and encouraged my son to continue practicing his instrument and to stay away from drugs and alcohol. Ted rules!

Signature Guitar Picks... Brainstorm_pick
One of my favorites given to me by my good friend Olaf Becker .

Signature Guitar Picks... Deliv_pic1_f
Picked this one up off the floor at the first show of the Vengeance Rising "Released Upon the Earth" tour with George Ochoa on guitar. Deliverance had played a week earlier at the same venue (Calvary Chapel). I had my "What A Joke" Cd signed by the whole band, except the guitarist. Had George sign my CD when I met him with Vengeance. What does this have to do with the pick? Uhhh...nothing, except I picked it up at that show. I also have Deliverance picks of Mike Grato and Glenn Rogers, each given to me by Mike and Glenn respectively.

Signature Guitar Picks... Darktruth_pic-1
A local band from New Mexico that Ultimatum use to play a lot of local shows with. They were a dark, gothic-tinged power metal band. I think they referred to themselves as Vampire Metal or something like that.

Signature Guitar Picks... Ultimatum_bass_pic1
A brontotex pick

Signature Guitar Picks... Deesnider_pick
Dee Snider solo pick. These were actually available through Dee's personal web site.

Signature Guitar Picks... Twisted_jj_pick
Went to see Twisted Sister in Tuscon, AZ not long ago with Trog. We had a blast. Their manager came out and talked with us a bit. He gave me this pick. Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_biggrin

Signature Guitar Picks... Hirax_glenn_pick
Once Dead were at Elements of Rock in Switzerland, May 2005 and Glenn Rogers had ONE of these picks left. He said, "I'll throw it out to the audience", to which I replied, "well then, throw it this way." Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_biggrin Stuck it in my pocket and we walked out on stage. Larry Farkas threw out some Ultimatum picks instead.

Signature Guitar Picks... Saint_pick
Given to me by Saint bassist Richard Lynch. Ultimatum guitarist Robert Guitierrez filled in on guitar for a show with them in 2006.

Signature Guitar Picks... Strype_mikepick1
Brontotex caught this one at a Stryper gig and gave it to me. Stryper have used the same pick design since the 1980's up until the "Reborn" tour when they added a drop shadow to the logo. I also have Oz Fox and Robert Sweet's pick. Still need Timothy Gaines.

Signature Guitar Picks... Cheaptrick_nielsonpick
An older Rick Nielson guitar pick. Have one of these for trade if anyone is interested.

Signature Guitar Picks... Pink_pick
Not a fan of Pink, not even really sure what Pink sounds like, but this pick was given to me by bassist Janis Tanaka, who was the former bassist for Fireball Ministry.

Signature Guitar Picks... Kiss_gene_pic1
I believe this is a Crazy Nights tour pick from everybody's favorite, tongue wagging, fire breathing, comic book demon. I WISH I caught this one. Indeed I saw this tour and even was in the front row, but in fact, I purchased this pick on Ebay some years ago.

Signature Guitar Picks... Kiss_thayer04pick
Tommy Thayer pick from the Rock the Nations tour. I WISH I would have been close enough to the stage to catch this one. I was there, but I had crap seats. Picked this one up from an Ebay seller for a couple bucks a few years ago.

Signature Guitar Picks... Kiss_bruce_esp
Bruce Kulick promtional pick for ESP guitars. I don't think these were ever used on a Kiss tour, but rather were given out by Bruce at special events and conventions.

Signature Guitar Picks... Paulneilsonpick1
Liege Lord guitarist Paul Nelson courtesy of Uncle Saxon!

Signature Guitar Picks... Dpur_morse_pick
An official Steve Morse guitar pick, given to me by former Ultimatum guitarist Steve Trujillo after much pestering and harassing on my part.

Last edited by ultmetal on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 1:07 pm

Cool stuff Ult!! I only have a couple of picks myself...

A Misfits pick with the Crimson Skull on it (got it at a KISS convention in the early 90s, Jerry Only and Doyle had a booth and were giving them out to passers-by)

Pete Steele of Type O Negative (stole it off of his mike stand at the end of a set when I saw them circa 92 or 93),

K.K. Downing/Judas Priest pick that one of my buds snagged for me when Priest played OzzFest a few years back (thanks Gary!)

Bad Biscut pick - this was a local band that played around NY/NJ a lot when I was in college, must've seen them about a dozen times. (their lone album, 1994's THE AMERICAN DREAM?, is an undiscovered gem by the way... a nice mix of GNR and the Ramones, with a touch of snotty humor ala Ugly Kid Joe. Great stuff!)

Gamma Ray pick ... which I think came free with a copy of a fanzine, I can't remember where the heck I got that one from, actually. Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 1:10 pm

Sweet. If you get the chance, post a photo of the Priest pick.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 1:11 pm

Will do... now that I think about it I'm not even sure if the Priest pick I have is from KK Downing or Glenn Tipton. It's tucked away in the booklet to my ANGEL OF RETRIBUTION CD and I haven't looked at it in a while.
lol!

Last edited by on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:36 pm

Signature Guitar Picks... Neoncross_pick
Have shared a stage with this band several times over the years.

Signature Guitar Picks... F5pck1
Signature Guitar Picks... F5pick2
Stage used and abused, these picks were given to me by Tykkus guitarist Justin Frear after he went to see this band in Phoenix. F5 is the new band of former Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson.

Signature Guitar Picks... Overkill_ddnecropick
Yet another cool DD Verni pick. This one was given to me by Overkill guitarist Dave Linsk. He also gave me the pick below.
Signature Guitar Picks... Overkill_linsk_pk1

Signature Guitar Picks... Fireball_emily_pick2
Love Fireball Ministry! Had the opportunity to roadie for them when they were in Albuquerque about a year or so ago. Emily Burton gave me this pick. However, when I was unloading their equipment after the show, Emily has several more picks on her amp that fell all over the stage when I picked up her cabinet. I picked 'em up and put 'em in my pocket. Very Happy

Signature Guitar Picks... Fireball_janis_pick
Janis Tanaka pick from Fireball Ministry. Along with the Pink pick above, this one was given to me by Janis. I saw Fireball Ministry for the first time opening for Dio and was blown away. I contacted that band soon after and received a nice reply from Janis. Told her I was a pick collector in my second mail to her and she sent me the picks and an autographed poster (posted below). Took that poster with me to the next Fireball Ministry show and had the rest of the band sign it. Janis was out of the band at that point and was touring with Pink.

Signature Guitar Picks... Fireball_poster

Signature Guitar Picks... Motorhead_bigpic
Yes, this pick is actual size and is autographed by Phil Campbell. Pretty cool huh?

Signature Guitar Picks... Metalium_pick
Metalium pick given to me by my brother in arms, Kmorg. Very cool pick.

Signature Guitar Picks... HolysldrCUTTINGpick
Signature Guitar Picks... HolysldrANDYpick
Holy Soldier guitar picks from the reunion show at Up From the Ashes. The band had these for sale at their table, but these two were given to me by the band members.

Signature Guitar Picks... Dirtylooks_pick1
Another of my favorite picks. This one I acquired in a trade. I think it's pretty rare. I've never seen another Dirty Looks pick.

Signature Guitar Picks... Fozzy_pick_f
Yes they are HUGE! A promo pick that came with the first Fozzy album.

Signature Guitar Picks... Frostpic1
Jazz style pick from Jack Frost. Along with the Savatage pick and the purple/blue pick below, this one was given to me by Jack himself.
Signature Guitar Picks... Frostpick2

Signature Guitar Picks... Killerdwarfs_pick
Unfortunately no story to go along with this one. I like Killer Dwarfs, was searching Ebay and stumbled across it. I was the only one that bid on it.

Signature Guitar Picks... Loudness_pick1
An odd shaped, frosted, see through Loudness pick. Very cool pick. Once again, I purchased this pick. Wish I could say I've seen Loudness, but have never had the opportunity.

Signature Guitar Picks... Belladonna_pick1
Contacted Belladonna on-line long before the Anthrax reunion (2003). Purchased his album "03" CD. Joey signed the CD for me and sent me this pick. I didn't even ask for it. Cool!

Signature Guitar Picks... Angel_gregg_pick
Randy Gregg, Angel, bass pick. Another guy I contacted on-line. Randy was very cool. He has also toured with Dee Snider's SMF and Thin Lizzy.

Signature Guitar Picks... Anthrax_SimpsonsPick1
One of several Anthrax picks I have, unfortunately none that were obtained from their shows. I purchased a few "We Have Come For You All" picks from Scott Ian's ThraxMart before it shut down. He sent me about 6 of his picks including this Simpsons picks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:41 pm

Signature Guitar Picks... Jagpanzer_pick
One of the unsung heroes of the heavy metal scene, Jag Panzer.

Signature Guitar Picks... Jeffscheetz_pick1
For the life of me I can't remember where I obtained this pick from. I have talked to Jeff on the phone a few times. He was originally slated to produce "Puppet of Destruction", but unfortunately that fell through. Never met him in person. Perhaps he sent me this pick.

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Great collection Ult! Especially I’m envy you for the pick of Phil Campbell, because I’m a big Motörhead fan.

I caught the pick of Mick Box in 1985. But unfortunately lost it at one of my moves in the nineties. Last February I caught the drum stick of Lee Agnew from Nazareth – ok not a pick, but… I gave it to my son who was with me at the concert.

I’ve also two picks from Rush which came with the R30 Deluxe DVD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Well, I just checked my Judas Priest pick and it is indeed a KK Downing model.

I was going to post a picture of it but unfortunately my scanner is not cooperating with me at the moment and I'm not in the mood to @#$% around with it right now, so maybe next time...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 am

Signature Guitar Picks... MADMAX-JURGEN1
Signature Guitar Picks... MADMAX-JURGEN2
When I played Elements of Rock in Switzerland with Once Dead, Mad Max played just before us. Picked these up off the floor after their performance. Both belong to guitarist Juergen Breforth.

Signature Guitar Picks... MOTORHEAD-1
Another Phil Campbell/Motorhead pick.

Last edited by on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 am

What did you end of thinking of F5 Scott?

I have their album and I was only impressed with one song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 am

I've not heard F5. It was my friend in TYKKUS that went to see them and gave me those picks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
I've not heard F5. It was my friend in TYKKUS that went to see them and gave me those picks.

You're not missing much.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:05 am

I still haven't figured out what's up with my scanner, but Ult sent me a link to a site with a huge collection of guitar picks (thanks Ult!), and it so happened that the guy has the same KK Downing pick that I do, so here it is:

Signature Guitar Picks... Tn_JUDAS%20PRIEST-KK-04A Signature Guitar Picks... Tn_JUDAS%20PRIEST-KK-04B
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm

Very cool collection, ult. But the Brainstorm one did NOT come from me. I don't even have one, so you got that one from someone else.

I only have a handful of picks. i used to have more, but a good friend of mine collects them as well, so I have given him some. Here are the ones I have (no photos yet though):

Vicious Rumors (2 different designs)
Withchhammer (2 different designs)
Ultimatum (2 different designs)
Virgin Steel
Metalium (Several different ones)
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Excelsis

I also used to have one from Machine Head, and I have a Jim Dunlop jazz pick I can't even remember who I got it from! lol

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Oops. That was Olaf Becker that gave me that one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 6:37 pm

I've never purchased a signature pick and have never been lucky enough to catch one at a concert. I was so close to catchy one of Matt Laporte's picks when I saw Jon Oliva's Pain - it actually touched my hand - but alas, it got lost in the crowd. Laaaame.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 9:57 am

ooh, I forgot my Thunder Rider picks!

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:07 am

That Akira is STILL the coolest! Framable, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 7:30 pm

When I met Megadeth last year at Giganatour Dave Mustaine gave me a pick. It was pretty awesome. I also got the bands autograph!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:17 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
When I met Megadeth last year at Giganatour
Dave Mustaine gave me a pick. It was pretty awesome. I also got the
bands autograph!!

Very cool! I don't have a Megadeth pick yet. They have had a ton of designs over the years.

kmorg wrote:

I have one of those. Did it come with their second CD?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 12:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:

kmorg wrote:

I have one of those. Did it come with their second CD?

Yeah, bought both their CD's at the same time. So I think I got two picks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Signature Guitar Picks... Excelsis_dressed_to_kiss
Bass player for Excelsis and Dressed To Kiss (cover band of course). He's a colector himself, and had to make his own!

Signature Guitar Picks... Witchhammer_backSignature Guitar Picks... Witchhammer_front
Local thrash act Witchhammer. 2 different designs

Signature Guitar Picks... Vicious_Rumors_frontSignature Guitar Picks... Vicious_rumors_back
Vicious Rumors, Geoff Thorpe and Carl Albert

Signature Guitar Picks... Savatage_tso_frontSignature Guitar Picks... Savatage_tso_back
Savatage pick is Jack Frost, TSO pick is from Chris Caffery

Signature Guitar Picks... Metalium_front
Signature Guitar Picks... Metalium_back
3 different Metalium picks. Can't even make out the names! lol

Signature Guitar Picks... Thunder_rider_virgin_steele_frontSignature Guitar Picks... Thunder_rider_virgin_steele_back
Thunder Rider and Eduard Pursino from Virgin Steele

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:18 pm

Oh wait a second. I'm mistaken, I actually have one signature guitar pick. A Shaaman one that came with the limited edition version of their debut album. May try and get a photo of it later, but it's not all that exciting ;D

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 9:58 pm

I have one for EZO....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:22 pm

So far, I have a Pepper Keenan pick from the Down show, an Exodus pick,
and a Glenn Tipton pick. Looking forward to more..... santa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Guitar Picks...   Signature Guitar Picks... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signature Guitar Picks...
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next