Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mean Streak from Sweden

Go down 
+2
kmorg
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Mean Streak from Sweden Empty
PostSubject: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:47 am

No, not the female thrash band. These guys are a new-ish band from Sweden with a NWOBHM, classic heavy metal sound. Nothing mind-blowingly original, but metal done well.

http://www.myspace.com/meanstreaksweden

I never heard of them, but Century Media was promoting them in their latest newsletter, so I checked them out. They've got one album out, Metal Slave...
Mean Streak from Sweden MeanStreak_SlaveToMetal

[SEXY!!]

...and are working on the follow-up. I like what I've heard. Anyone have this album and care to chime in?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Sweden is the place for the New Wave of Traditional Heavy Metal.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Are they metally like the Y&T album Mean Streak?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Its on my list to get.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:49 pm

chewie wrote:
Are they metally like the Y&T album Mean Streak?

Not really sure. I have a very limited knowledge of Y&T. Here's what CM had to saw that caught my attention.

Quote :

The stunning debut album from Swedish vintage Heavy Metal band Mean Streak. With a big influence from the NWOBHM, these guys carry on the grand tradition of bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Prriest and Saxon all wrapped up in a modern production from Fredrik Nordstrom

Make of that what you want.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Yeah I've had this for almost a year now to me more traditional power metal and not bad.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:17 am

Great sounding band. I am a little more into Gallows End, another traditional metal band from Sweden. www.myspace.com/gallowsend
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

metalken wrote:
Great sounding band. I am a little more into Gallows End, another traditional metal band from Sweden. [url=http://www.myspace.com/gallowsend
www.myspace.com/gallowsend[/quote[/url]]

Yup great band I have their cd as well!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mean Streak from Sweden   Mean Streak from Sweden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mean Streak from Sweden
Page 1 of 1