Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Empty
PostSubject: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:23 am

Anyone in or around the Philadelphia area this Sunday and looking for something to do?

Quote :
Hellos -
Just wanted to send a quick note that we are about to sell out of tables for what will be the biggest (and best!) PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET ever with over 300 sellers! That's almost three times the size of any other previous flea market!

It's all going down in just three weeks at a brand new and much larger "venue" (about 5X the size of the Starlight). We have given it the nickname of "The Punk Rock Flea Market Dome" and it's right across the street, about 30 feet from our usual location of The Starlight Ballroom (located just below 9th and Spring Garden)

The Flea Market will only be ONE DAY this time around - so buyers and sellers - make sure you mark it on your calendar! Especially as the last one in December was greatly affected by the first of many blizzards this past winter =(

At the time of this e-mail we only have a few more tables open/available (see below for exact numbers). We expect them to sell out in about a week's time. So if you are considering selling anything at the Flea Market - now is the time to get on board. You can reserve and pay for your table at r5productions.com . Just scroll down to the July 25th date and click the tickets to begin the registration process.

As usual this is our biggest and most popular event of the year - with the proceeds going to help pay for our insurance as well as various other repairs (like a new front door) and supplies to help ensure that all ages shows will remain a reality at The First Unitarian Church.

Never been to this thing myself, but I'm gonna make the trek. Could be great, could suck.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:29 am

wish I could go, that sounds cool!

What do they mean though that the money will go towards ensuring all ages shows at the first unitarian church? They have punk there? PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:49 am

The thing is sponsored by R5 Productions, which is a local concert promoter.
http://www.r5productions.com/

They book small shows in the Philly area. Their main headquarters is in the First Unitarian Church. I'm on their mailing list.

When I saw Henry Rollins spoken word tour a few months ago, he actually performed in the altar area and we sat in pews. It was "The Church of Henry" that night. A month later, I saw High on Fire & Priestess in the basement of the church, where most shows are performed.

So yea, throughout the week, rock/punk/alternative concerts are performed there, then on Sundays, it's a fully functional church. The actual church is like 200 years old. It's a historical landmark in the city. I think Ben Franklin worshiped there or something.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 pm

Why does this stuff always have to be so far away? Well... its really not that far from me but still its a drive damnit damnit damnit!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Why does this stuff always have to be so far away? Well... its really not that far from me but still its a drive damnit damnit damnit!

And I should point out that there is a $3 cover to get in. Don't let that discourage you from making the journey, though. PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_wink

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Bump for an update...

Quote :
Hellos -
Just wanted to send out one final reminder about our biggest Flea Market ever This Sunday and answer a few quick questions. There seemed to be some confusion when the website listed the Tables as being "sold out" and folks thought that admission to the Flea Market was sold out.

So just to make sure everyone is on the same page - THE FLEA MARKET IS NOT SOLD OUT! There are no admission tickets or anything like that, you just show up and enter! Which brings us to our next point. There was a story on NBC 10's website that mentioned you have to make a donation or your are not getting in. That is not the case....We very much appreciate a small suggested donation of $3 but we will not refuse you entry to the flea market if you do not want to donate. Let it be known that your $3 goes a long way and helps us out tremendousl. But if you want to be a jerk you dont have to pay! (kidding about that jerk part..sort of)

Other people were asking where the table list / descriptions were. Since this is the biggest market with 250 tables - we decided to not list who is selling what. It's way to crazy to type out 250 table descriptions and we imagine that most folks would not scroll through 250 table descriptions. After 40 or so tables you get the point and I dont think we needed 6X that. Be assured that there will be 250 tables for sure. Half selling old personal belongings and junk. Half selling new or created items. It's gonna be massive

Details are below. Entrance will be right across the street from Starlight Ballroom (which will also be open during the flea market selling water, food etc etc). We hope to see you there !!!!!!!!

*THIS* Sunday July 25th 10:00am to 5:00pm
At The Punk Rock Flea Market Dome

(461 N 9th Street – Right Across From The Starlight Ballroom)
Just south of the intersection of 9th and Spring Garden
All Ages / 250+ Vendors / Re-entry all day long ! / $3 Suggested Donation

You gonna make the trek, PhoenixWayne?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:06 am

The flea market was a bit of a bust. On the plus side, I picked up a stack of cd's for next to nothing, but the negatives outweighed the positives. First off, it was hot as balls. It was held in a huge warehouse/garage. So walking in, it felt 10-15 degrees hotter than outside. Add the smell of the great unwashed hipsters and disenfracnhised youths and you get quite an aroma.

It was mostly people selling off their junk and stuff like homemade vegan cupcakes. Alternative lifestyles also had quite a showing. If you were looking for artsy b/w photos of very butch lesbians making out or a "Ghey for Obama" t-shirt, this was the place to find it. Most of the music was alternative and punk stuff and I did see alot of vinyl.

Would I go again? Eh, maybe if I had nothing better to do. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for some great music expo. I'll post my "gets" in the Recently Aquired thread.

PostSubject: Re: PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET   PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PUNK ROCK FLEA MARKET
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: