Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Empty
PostSubject: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Not sure how they're going to make Amy (who is perfect in my opinion), look like Janis.

Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Amy122

She's a superb actress though, one of the best in the business currently. So I'm sure she has the acting chops to pull it off.

story here:

http://dimewars.com/Blog/Amy-Adams-Gets-New-Gig-As-Bisexual-Rocker-Janis-Joplin.aspx?BlogID=99675267-8f24-4053-b92d-9dc41dfdbae6

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:59 pm

No question she has the acting chops but I believe it when I see it, they have been trying to make a movie on Janis Joplin's life for years with at one time both Renee Zellweger and Pink attached to two different Janis Joplin films that have never made past the development stages.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Yea, a Janis bio has been in Development Hell for years now. I remember many moons ago Melissa Etheridge was supposed to play her in a movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 pm

Yeah, except this time they have the main staff signed up and ready to go, writers, producers, director and main star. I think they'll get it off the ground this time.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 pm

detuned wrote:
Yeah, except this time they have the main staff signed up and ready to go, writers, producers, director and main star. I think they'll get it off the ground this time.

How about the rights to her music, that was a major sticking point with the Pink film version, the estate refused to let them use a lot of the songs ( at least the ones they owned the publishing too)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Quote :
Not sure how they're going to make Amy (who is perfect in my opinion), look like Janis.

Start hitting her with the ol' Ugly Stick for starters. I hope Amy likes the taste of Southern Comfort gargled with gravel for her voice.

Quote :
How about the rights to her music, that was a major sticking point with the Pink film version, the estate refused to let them use a lot of the songs

Do you watch the tv show 30 Rock? One of the alternate story lines was NBC doing a movie about Janis, but they couldn't use her name, likeness or music. It was pretty darn funny.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Quote :
Amy Adams Gets New Gig As Bisexual Rocker Janis Joplin

Janis swung both ways? I guess it's not really that shocking, but I've never heard that accusation before. Sweet.

I've always wanted to see Janis and Joan Baez bumping uglies backstage at Woodstock in all their hippie, stinky, hairy goodness while Country Joe and the Fish cheered them on. "Gimme an 'F'..."

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Love Janis! She was a very interesting personality. I hope her estate agrees to the music rights; the story wouldn't be the same without some of those tunes. The fictional title character of The Rose in the early 80s, played by Bette Midler was supposedly loosely based on Joplin, though I don't think they were allowed to say so officially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:18 pm

yeah she's definately too pretty for that role. but nothings impossible after seeing monster and charlize theron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film   Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amy Adams signed to play Janis Joplin in upcoming film
Page 1 of 1