Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Empty
PostSubject: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:19 am

I recently got ahold of OBITUARY - Cause of Death, (supposedly) first press and its catalog number is RRD-9370, however, I've seen on eBay first press copies with catalog number RO 9370-2 (which most likely is not the very first press due to its "-2" on the catalog #), RCD 9370 (which should be the first press as well).

So, what's what? One could think that this RRD is a bootleg of some kind, but there are many other Roadracer CDs that have their cat. # starting with RRD as well.

Shed some light please.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Anyone with a plausible exaplanation?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Thats a bootleg Im pretty sure. I have seen other roadracer/runner boots that have the RRD matrix before.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:57 pm

I've got several first pressing from Roadrunner - RoadRacer - R/C that have different catalogue numbers. Some are RR ****, some are RCD ****, and some are RRD ****.

The RR is for Roadrunner releases, the RRD is for RoadRacer, and the RCD is for R/C. The catalogue numbers had to match the "label". The "label" of release varies per country, because at that time the Roadrunner name was not liscensed worldwide. They had the RoadRacer and RC sub-labels for international releases because of that. Unless I'm mistaken (but I don't THINK I am) so long as there is no ****-2, you have a first pressing (the label will be regional).

PostSubject: Re: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 am

Hello
check this page at RYM
Cause of Death
I think the ***-2 means that the release was on CD format.
as
***-1 - vinyl
***-3 or 4 -tape
I have 2 box sets from Nile (NB releases) and they ends like ***-5

I hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner   Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about R/C, Roadracer, Roadrunner
Page 1 of 1