Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Just asking in regards to the music scene, If he never shot himself then nu metal never would of had a chance to be in the spotlight and grunge would be the most popular style of music the same time nu metal was popular well IMO. \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" would never would of made it and probably would of been just a Bakersfield small club band. Just want to know what you all think would of been better for the music scene for the 1990s,
Kurt Cobain still being alive and keeping grunge in the spotlight or what actually really happened nu metal taking over grunge in 1995-96.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

As the joke in Family Guy goes,if Kurt Cobain would have lived nobody would have heard of Courtney Love.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

007 wrote:
As the joke in Family Guy goes,if Kurt Cobain would have lived nobody would have heard of Courtney Love.

She probably wouldn't of been so successful in the music industry and she probably would be a back up vocalist in Nirvana lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 pm

That question is f**ked up, Cobain living or dead, nu metal would have happened anyway. Grunge would have died the same reason that hair metal died, too many bands signed and not all of them were quality bands.

And the bands that did survive, at least in terms of continued popularity and radio play are still popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Gotta agree with Manny. I understand what you are getting at but that is poorly worded.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:14 pm

He probably would have started going down more of an unplugged route a'la 'Muddy Banks of the Wishkah'.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Also, Courtney definitely did it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:17 pm

I think this is destined for failure. It's an insensitively titled thread...and seems to be aiming for some shizz to start.

I'm locking it. And if Fingers wants to start a new thread debating this subject...and provided he word and titeld it in a more intelligent and sensitive manner...he may.

then someone cane just delete this one.

PostSubject: Re: Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?   Is Kurt Cobain better off dead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Kurt Cobain better off dead?
Page 1 of 1