Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Empty
PostSubject: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm

This album didn't scream 'must-buy' to me just because I'm not a huge fan of Neil's solo stuff but I was more than likely going to get it since I love Motley. Then I found out it was basically a covers album with only 2 new tracks (one of which I didn't think was all that special) so I decided against getting it. Then I saw Best Buy.com was selling it for $7.99 w/ free shipping so I figured why not?

I got it in the mail today and it's actually pretty good. It's produced by Jack Blades, Vince sounds as good as ever (no jokes, please) and he made these songs his own. It's getting solid reviews across the net it seems and I have to agree.

Anyone else pick it up or is planning to? If you can find it cheap, I recommend it. Good time rock 'n' roll album perfect for the summer and I especially enjoy the covers of "Nobody's Fault", "Another Piece of Meat" and "Viva Las Vegas".

I kinda like his solo image too. Looks like Sammy Hagar isn't only hard rock version of Jimmy Buffett anymore!

The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread TattoosnTequilaAlbumCover
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

I'm thinking of picking it up.

I'm a long time Motley fan, but I don't own any of Vince's solo albums. Never heard much that interested me. But sattellite radio has played the song 'Tattoos & Tequila' and I found myself humming the song after it's over. Something makes it stick in my brain. And I'm always a sucker for a good covers albums. For $8 bucks at Best Buy, I might give it a shot.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:54 am

If Best Buy is selling it for $7.99, I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Looks like it might just be this week only as a new release. Get it while it's hot!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Looks like it might just be this week only as a new release. Get it while it's hot!
Yeah, that's how it usually is. Gotta remember to go there, of course. Haha.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Then I saw Best Buy.com was selling it for $7.99 w/ free shipping so I figured why not?

Exactly. Me too. I wasn't going to get it, but then I saw the sale.

Plus, I'm going to see him in concert this October, so I thought I might as well check out his new material. See, I didn't even realize it was a covers album until today, and I ordered it on Sunday.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you like it. Now, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 pm

If you can't get to the store, just order it online. Free shipping.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

I picked this one up last week and I've really been enjoying it. Vince doesn't stray too far off with his versions of the covers, but they are all well done and a good listen. Nice selection too. Pretty clever in some of the choices when you listen to the lyrics.

I think the weakest song on here is the other original track, 'Another Bad Day'. I read that it was written by Nikki Sixx for a Crue album but was never recorded so Vince took it for this album. Not bad, but kinda weak especially in the track listing. Kinda takes the momentum out of the flow of the album.

Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:41 am

I really love this album. But then again I love Motley Crue. Viva Las Vegas is a ripper track.The best thing about this album is half the band is Slaughter
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Mordor wrote:
I really love this album. But then again I love Motley Crue. Viva Las Vegas is a ripper track.

I was pleasantly surprised by that track as well. I hated ZZ Top's version and I wasn't to fond of Elvis's either. But he somehow makes it work.

Quote :
The best thing about this album is half the band is Slaughter

Eh, I won't hold that against him. The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_razz

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Cool album cover.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:29 pm

I guess this did okay for a Vince Neil solo album in 2010. 7,500 copies sold in the first week, No. 57 on Billboard.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I guess this did okay for a Vince Neil solo album in 2010. 7,500 copies sold in the first week, No. 57 on Billboard.

Well, he's certainly no Justin Bieber. The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread 209773

PostSubject: Re: The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread   The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ONLY Officially Sanctioned Vince Neil 'Tattoos & Tequila' Thread
Page 1 of 1