Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)

Go down 
+25
Shawn Of Fire
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Telmorn Altayon
metalhead777
exact33
tohostudios
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
krokus
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
nevermore
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
T-Roy
James B.
ultmetal
Addy
Troublezone
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Sebastian Bach is one of my favourite singers ever. I can't wait to get the album.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 am

Listened to it all the way through for the first time last night. I gotta say I'm slightly disappointed. Hopefully it'll grow on me (I initially felt the same way about Angel Down). Seems much more like the chugging generic hard rock on radio these days but there are a few standouts like "Kicking & Screaming", "Tunnelvision", "As Long As I Got The Music", "I'm Alive" and "Live My Life". Definitely gonna keep spinning it though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:57 am

Got it early, eh? I didn't think this was out till the end of the month.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 am

I don't frequent the site enough to know if their reviews are genuine or just fan-boys kissing ass. I'll get this album regardless, but it got a decent review at Sleaze Roxx...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/bachsebastian/kickingscreaming.shtml

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:45 am

K&S is kickass song love it
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Got it early, eh? I didn't think this was out till the end of the month.

Advance (digital) copy from Frontiers Records and I've changed my mind on this album. I like it A LOT. One of the year's best, IMO. Just like the last one, it took me a few spins to get into it but once it clicked, I loved it.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't frequent the site enough to know if their reviews are genuine or just fan-boys kissing ass. I'll get this album regardless, but it got a decent review at Sleaze Roxx...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/bachsebastian/kickingscreaming.shtml

Haven't read this one but I kinda think Sleaze Roxx does a lot of ass-kissing (just like MelodicRock.com). The only time I ever go to Sleaze Roxx is for the occasional news/interviews. Too many people doing reviews over there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 7:08 pm

I go to Sleazeroxx for their download forum, nothing more. Their writers tend to suck.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 10:27 pm

I like sleazeroxx for their coverage. THe reviews are kinda spotty but its the bands info I am after.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I go to Sleazeroxx for their download forum, nothing more. Their writers tend to suck.

Yeah, I forgot all about that, the download forum is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Saw the video for the title track earlier. Not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:33 pm

i dont know what it is about the last two Bach albums but neither have been all that interesting to me. I like his voice but the new stuff doesnt hold a candle to the Skid Row stuff.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
i dont know what it is about the last two Bach albums but neither have been all that interesting to me. I like his voice but the new stuff doesnt hold a candle to the Skid Row stuff.

This one sounds a lot better than the yelping that was on Angel Down. I bought that album and sold it after listening about halfway through. Tuneless heavyness with yelping IMO. The samples I've heard from this new one at least seem to have some sense of melody.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 6:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
I like sleazeroxx for their coverage. THe reviews are kinda spotty but its the bands info I am after.

I have figured out which sleazeroxx reviewers I can trust for the most part. I think "Skid" generally leads me in the right direction but "Hetfield's Mullet" obviously has different musical definitions than I do.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 10:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I have figured out which sleazeroxx reviewers I can trust for the most part. I think "Skid" generally leads me in the right direction but "Hetfield's Mullet" obviously has different musical definitions than I do.

I read the reviews for what they are - opinion - but I like to check out the sound samples.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw it in FYE last night for $9.99. Not sure if I want to get this right away or hold off a bit. I enjoy Angel Down, but the new single I heard didn't exactly blow me away.

The deluxe edition with 1 bonus tune and a dvd was $20. Pfft, yea right!! An extra $10 bucks for 1 song and a dvd I'll never watch?

Anyway, anyone get the new one yet? Thoughts?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Seb made a huge comeback for me. K&S is just one awsome album from beginning to the end. i dont expect so good sound and voice. i expected something like Angel Down. man i'm so excited bout this one.
definately the album of the year for me.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 2:32 am

Kind of a crap album. Unmemorable riffs, tepid hooks (at best), and Bach's voice annoys me a bit these days. His tone is more nasally than it once was.

Angel Down, in my opinion, was much better.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 3:06 am

From what i've heard, it sounds like a good album. I like it better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:31 pm

I've had this for a little bit now. It didn't grab me as immediatley as Angel Down did, but I'd say it's a grower. The first single 'Kicking & Screaming' got stuck in my head early on, but the rest of the album took some time to digest. Nothing stood out.

I don't know which album I like better at this point. Probably Angel Down. This album coulda used an assist from Axl again Laughing . And Sebastian is still one of my favorite singers. He's the best sounding live performer I've ever seen and sounds great here too.

If you didn't care for the last album, this one probably ain't gonna change your opinion. But if you did like Angel Down, you'll probably find something to enjoy on this one too. It might take a little time, but no tunes are outright dogs or have any "WTF" moments. It's pretty much what you'd expect from an ego-maniac lead singer.

Baz and the Skids could probably still benefit more from each others contributions, but if this is all that we're getting for now, so be it. I'll take more solo Bach over current Skid Row.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:03 pm

Too bad Sebastian and those G-n-R refugee's never worked out

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 5:35 pm

James B. wrote:
Too bad Sebastian and those G-n-R refugee's never worked out

Yea, that woulda kicked ass. But apparently Sebastian is too loyal to Axl. Ah well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I bought this on cd+dvd and the dvd is cool but i am disappointed with the cd, its even more moder then ANGEL DOWN (but his singing is a little better this time). Still, no killer tracks and were are the ballads??? Anyway, here my points:
Points from 1 to 5:
KICKING & SCREAMING 3,0 (cool chorus)
MY OWN WORST ENEMY 3,0 (great guitar solo)
TUNNELVISION 2,0 (to modern)
DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE 2,0 (not very good, boring)
CAUGHT IN A DREAM 2,5 (chorus is fine)
AS LONG AS I GOT THE MUSIC 3,0 (could be on a SKID ROW album)
I´M ALIVE 3,0 (again a song that sound like SKID ROW at some moments)
DIRTY POWER 2,0 (boring)
LIVE THE LIFE 1,5 (boring)
DREAM FOREVER 2,5 (mid tempo with some power ballad moments)
ONE GOOD REASON 2,00 (not kicking ass, chorus is fine)
LOST IN THE LIGHT 2,00 (not good)
WISHIN´3,5 (best song on this cd)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:04 am

It doesn't surprise me that he'd go for a "modern" sounding rock record. He seems like he's trying to distance himself from his "hair metal" beginnings. He doesn't want to sound like Skid Row.

Depending on your opinion, this can be good or bad. I'm typically against those sort of things, but I think it works here.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

I have had a chance to listen to this new CD plenty, and IMO it doesn't hold a
candle to Angel Down. I am disappointed, there are of course some good songs and moments, but overall.....disappointed. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am

Have not heard this new album aside from the video once...

BUT -

Was spinning Slave To The Grind this morning on the way to work...good lord what a massive Heavy Metal album!!! The vocal performance alone is insane!!

I don't know HOW Skid Row ever got lumped into the same genre as Poison and Bon Jovi...

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next