Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)

Go down 
+25
Shawn Of Fire
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
Telmorn Altayon
metalhead777
exact33
tohostudios
Getizzyback
Witchfinder
DallasBlack
krokus
Olafsto
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
nevermore
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
T-Roy
James B.
ultmetal
Addy
Troublezone
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:48 am

I am eagerly awaiting this album. Angel Down was fantastic and I saw Baz on that tour and he killed it. I hope this one is just as good if not better. Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

Eh, the cover's not horrible. Bright & colorful, gets your attention I suppose. Looking forward to the album, regardless of Bas' odd pose.

That's his new girlfriend on the cover too from what I've read. As far as I know, she only has 2 arms. The others are 'shopped in I believe.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 pm

I agree why he don't return to Skid Row, didn't he state on That Metal Show, the band would like him to come back and just sing the old songs?

What I can't understand is if that was true, why would Skid Row release 2 more albums after Bach left and then tell Bach we don't want to record new stuff, just do old stuff?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, I didn't buy that at all. I think that was just Bach spinning it and trying to present himself as living in the present and Skid Row as a nostalgia act. Neither acts are purely in it for the nostalgia.

Personally, I couldn't care less whether Bach rejoins Skid Row... and would actually be kind of against it. If it hasn't happened yet, I don't see it happening. He does well enough on his own, he doesn't really need them. In fact, THEY need HIM more than anything.

Of course, if this new album sucks, then maybe it'll be time to reconsider. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm

As much I liked Angel Down when it came out, it doesn't have much staying power, in my opinion. Good when it randomly comes on, but I never seek it out, you know.

And I could say the same about the last three Skid Row albums. Subhuman Race wasn't very good, so I don't really hold out much hope that the original line-up could ever recapture what made those first two albums so great.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm

Oh, and that album cover is atrocious. It would be great if the album was called Slipping And Screaming (After I Busted My Ass On All These Fucking Skulls).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

I bought Angel Down and sold it off less than a week later.

I'll pass on this one. I agree with Eyesore. I think Skid Row ran out of energy toward the end and all SB is doing is continuing that trend IMO.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I bought Angel Down and sold it off less than a week later.

I'll pass on this one. I agree with Eyesore. I think Skid Row ran out of energy toward the end and all SB is doing is continuing that trend IMO.

me too. I didnt care for that album much.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
Oh, and that album cover is atrocious. It would be great if the album was called Slipping And Screaming (After I Busted My Ass On All These Fucking Skulls).

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 201269 Now that'd be a great title.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a fan-boy. I still like Angel Down.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:20 pm

I think Angel Down is a great album when you consider it is a solo album.

I don't know, I think going back to Skid Row now would be different than Sub Human Race.

I think there is good potential there.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 6:58 pm

I enjoyed Angel Down somewhat the first spin but it got boring really quickly...

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Might've been posted somewhere else on the board but there's the link (it's on Vimeo) to the song "Kicking & Screaming":

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-premiere-sebastian-bach-debuts-new-music-video-kicking-screaming.html

Pretty good, I think!

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 am

Just listened to it earlier.Sounds great,looking forward to it.More singing it seems than Angel Down.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am

Eh. It's okay, but not great.

No one going to mention the nu-metal riffs? Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:50 am

Eyesore wrote:

That riffing style is so old now that it's not "nu" anymore. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Why would we? They were present on the last album as well.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:17 pm

The new track sounds too "modern" to me....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

There's just an inconsistency in those kinds of complaints, that's all. I like nu-metal, so I don't care, but some people use it as a means to deride a band, while they ignore it when it comes to other bands.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 9:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

There's just an inconsistency in those kinds of complaints, that's all. I like nu-metal, so I don't care, but some people use it as a means to deride a band, while they ignore it when it comes to other bands.

Are you trying to say certain people have agendas? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 am

The one song doesn't sound too bad. It's a nice mixture of modern and classic heavy metal. I don't really hear it as nu-metal.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
I wish that Skid Row and Bach would just swallow their pride and get back together.
Defiantly.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

An agenda? More like close-minded.
Back to top Go down
Telmorn Altayon
Metal student
Metal student
Telmorn Altayon

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:08 pm

interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.MakeARightLeftHere.com -- www.BBRProductions.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

An agenda? More like close-minded.

Maybe it's because they couldn't care less about riffs and only care about vocals.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 am

Sebastian Bach is one of my favourite singers ever. I can't wait to get the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)   Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sebastian Bach - Kicking & Screaming (2011)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next