Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

"Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Empty
PostSubject: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:50 am

"Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale OB-IP799_amityv_F_20100525155820

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2010/05/25/amityville-horror-house-listed-at-115-million/

Yes, folks, the infamous house on Ocean Avenue in Amityville, New York where six murders were committed in 1974 and then the supposed "most famous haunting" in recent history occurred, is on the selling block.

This house, of course, inspired a cottage industry of "Amityville Horror" books and films, plus a debate about whether or not the "Horror" was all a well planned hoax that lingers to this day.

The asking price is $1.15 million big ones, which is a far cry from the $55,000 that George Lutz and his family paid for it back in the mid '70s. Of course, they only stayed there for 28 days before being driven out by the evil spirits, or so the story goes..... eeeeeheheheheheheheheheh

Several families have lived in the house since the Lutzes left it and none of them have ever reported any strange goings on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:00 am

Haha, heard about this on the radio today...... Expensive too

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:02 am

kmorg wrote:
Haha, heard about this on the radio today...... Expensive too

I'm not familiar with the area myself but when I saw this on the news last night, they talked to a couple of real estate agents who said it was "probably a little overpriced" compared to other houses in the neighborhood but the notoriety is likely to bring that kinda $$.

I was kinda disappointed to read that the place has been heavily renovated since the "Horror" days. They should've at least left those trademark triangular "eyeball" looking windows on either side of the chimney. "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 26, 2010 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:06 am

Oh, the clueless radio repoorter said the Amityville house has spawned 2 movies!! 2????!!!

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:10 am

I've seen that house before (probably around 1989 or thereabouts), the windows had already been changed by that point. Because the owners were tired of idiots like me sitting across the road taking photos...

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:12 am

kmorg wrote:
Oh, the clueless radio repoorter said the Amityville house has spawned 2 movies!! 2????!!!

Only 2?? Geez, I lost count after the fourth or fifth one...

That first "Amityville" movie scared the ever lovin' poop outta me when I was a kid tho. I must've been about 9 when I first saw it on TV. Didn't sleep for days!!!! The story fascinated me though. I read a bunch of the books about it, got really into it. "Amityville II: The Possession" (which was actually a highly fictionalized "prequel" dealing with the DeFeo family murders that occurred in the house prior to the Lutz family moving in) wasn't bad but most of the endless series of (direct to video) sequels after that flat-out sucked. Anyone ever seen "Amityville 1992: It's About Time?" "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale 201269

I was actually kinda disappointed when all the talk about the "Amityville Horror" being a hoax started to surface in the '80s... I was like "Awww, come on, it's a great story!" Of course, now that George and Kathy Lutz are both dead, I guess we''ll never know for sure.... ehehehehehehehehehe

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:18 am

I remember as a little kid, some neighbors of ours went to see that house and all the pics they took of the house came back blurry while other photos on the same roll of film were just fine. SPOOOOOOOOKY!!

Quote :
That first "Amityville" movie scared the ever lovin' poop outta me when I was a kid tho.

Same here.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:24 am

detuned wrote:
I've seen that house before (probably around 1989 or thereabouts), the windows had already been changed by that point. Because the owners were tired of idiots like me sitting across the road taking photos...

Yea, that's definitely why. One of the subsequent owners also had the house # legally changed (from 112 Ocean Ave. to 108) to discourage curiosity seekers. I imagine the Halloween season in particular must've been hell for anyone living in that house. Laughing

I've never seen the "real" house but I have seen the "substitute" one they used in the first movie, which is in Red Bank, NJ. Supposedly it was built by the same contractors so the outside was identical to the Ocean Avenue house. Still pretty creepy even though it wasn't the "real" thing.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

With all the remodeling it doesnt look nearly as scary.Haha
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:03 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
With all the remodeling it doesnt look nearly as scary.Haha

It's amazing what they can do with vinyl siding these days. Laughing

Anyway, I got curious about how many "Amityville" movies were made, here's the list according to IMDB.

"The Amityville Horror" (1979)
"Amityville II: The Possession" (1982)
"Amityville 3-D" (1983)
"Amityville: The Evil Escapes" (aka "Amityville 4") (1989)
"The Amityville Curse" (1990)
"Amityville 1992: It's About Time" (1992)
"Amityville: A New Generation" (1993)
"Amityville Dollhouse" (1996)
"The Amityville Horror" (2005, remake)

I know I've seen the first three, and I've seen "It's About Time," but that's all. I had no idea they'd cranked out so many during the 90s!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:13 pm

I've only seen the original and for reasons I can't explain, the 2005 remake. Must've been a really slow night on cable.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Yea, I saw the remake too, it was forgettable (at best).

All I remember about "It's About Time" was that faded '80s megababe Shawn Weatherly was in it, and there was a scene where the teenage daughter got felt up lesbo-style by her own mirror reflection. That was pretty cool Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale   "Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Amityville Horror" House Up For Sale
Page 1 of 1