Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uh oh.

Go down 
+32
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Addy
JBall_Z
Jesusandmetal23
DallasBlack
Olafsto
Vexer6
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Approval Guy
ZetaReticuli
MetalGuy71
exact33
mez
tohostudios
Dave the Boss
Zdan
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Eyesore
spiritoradio
shamgar75
Leatherface
mc666
ryanmetalman
Fat Freddy
vanillaviking
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
manny
Required Fields
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Those people are heartless! They do not represent true Christians who are known by THEIR LOVE, not their picketing and protesting while people are mourning the loss of loved ones.

Exactly!

These people arent even worth the time it takes to write this sentence.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:56 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
What I find really disturbing is when they show the young children of these protesters spewing the hatred that their parents are drilling into their minds.

I agree. Children ought to be left out of things. I was watching the schools in NJ tote kids out in front the NJ Assembly and lambast the gov for suggesting teachers ought to pay part of their health insurance and thought the same thing. It is wrong to use kids to protest.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:02 pm

It's sick and twisted freaks like these guys that can turn people off from Christianity, if any of those assholes showed up at my cousin's funeral, rest assured I would torture them in the most excruciating ways imaginable!.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Approval Guy wrote:
Man, I wish I could go just to beat down on them protesters. I haven't been part of an angry mob in months...
Uh oh. - Page 3 505193

Well you know what they say? "If you listen to fools. The Mob Rules."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
It's sick and twisted freaks like these guys that can turn people off from Christianity, if any of those assholes showed up at my cousin's funeral, rest assured I would torture them in the most excruciating ways imaginable!.

How very Chrisitian of you Uh oh. - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It's not a matter of whether the solider is homosexual or not.

That has nothing to do with it. According to them, the reason for everything bad that's happening in America (the crash in our economy, soldiers being killed in the war, 9/11, etc.) is because God is punishing America for its tolerance of homosexuals.

...uhhhh, yeah. OK. That makes sense. Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_scratch

It has to do with the specific quote I was adressing - someone had said htey were picketing only the funerals of ga-hey soldiers and that is not true - they believe that everyone outside their church falls into their definition of 'f.a.g.'
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
How very Chrisitian of you Uh oh. - Page 3 Lol
Never said I was a Christian Uh oh. - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:24 pm

When I first became a Christian I read all sorts of articles like these pathetic loosers spouting their twisted view of Christianity in regards to heavy metal. I got so sick of their crap everytime I come accross articles or whatsoever by people like these I skip over them and send a prayer that people will stop these rash un-Christ-like judgements.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:26 pm

GrandNational wrote:
ryanmetalman wrote:
I think I'll protest Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church when they picket at the funeral. What the hell, I AM Protestant.
Uh oh. - Page 3 447763

Protestantism has become in our time a pagan religion, where people go to church to con God, to make them healthy, happy, live long lives, and destroy their enemies (f.a.g.s, Dio, etc.), enjoy their life on earth, and even be assured after they die they will go to heaven and only people like them will be there (f.a.g.s. and Dio have apparently been given their judgments and been sent to hell). That is pure paganism, it has nothing to do with the Scriptures or the teachings of Christ. God have mercy on these people and their warped sense of reality.

Long live Uh oh. - Page 3 170371

Alright GrandNational, this doesnt mean you take pot shots at the general group of Protestants.

And on the subject of WBC, these guys are a cult. Plain and simple. Just because somebody claims to be of Christ does not mean they are.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Alright GrandNational, this doesnt mean you take pot shots at the general group of Protestants.

Which one of the 33,000 denominations were you referring too? I don't think that a "general group of Protestants" really exists, because these guys will claim they are ones too. I wasn't taking pot shots at any individuals who attend Protestant churches, but I was making an observation on the mindset of the Protestant ethos that allows for such crazy groups to exist.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:28 pm

What allows these groups to exist is the American government. It's their right to peacefully assemble, and freely believe what they will. I agree that they should have their freedom. It's their problem, not mine. This doesn't mean I condone, or support what they preach. I accept that they believe it, though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:30 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Which one of the 33,000 denominations were you referring too? I don't think that a "general group of Protestants" really exists, because these guys will claim they are ones too. I wasn't taking pot shots at any individuals who attend Protestant churches, but I was making an observation on the mindset of the Protestant ethos that allows for such crazy groups to exist.

Cults have always existed, modern protestantism notwithstanding. I imagine cults will always continue until the end of time. People will always try to bend and mold Scripture to meet their needs instead of letting God bend and mold them.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Here here!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:19 am

GrandNational wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

I think GrandNational hit the nail on the head when we observed that many Protestants "go to church to con God to make them
healthy, happy, live long lives, and destroy their enemies, enjoy their life on earth, and even be assured after they
die they will go to heaven." I have watched this happen all around me at church. I can't even get my mom to read something like "Searching For God Knows What" by Don Miller, cause all she is interested in are books like "The 12 Kingdom Keys to Miracles in Your Life" by whomever happens to be the "IN" author. It's sickening!

Of course, all of the Christians who post on this board trace their lineage from either Protestantism or Catholicism. Heck, even Protestants trace their lineage through Catholicism. Both have their pros and cons. The tragedy is when one of these groups become exclusive. That is to the exclusion of others (which, sadly, seems to happen more with Protestants).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:44 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
Of course, all of the Christians who post on this board trace their lineage from either Protestantism or Catholicism.

Not really bro, I'm 100% Oriental Orthodox, way different than Catholicism and Protestantism and having no connection to them whatsoever (except to the Catholics before East and West broke apart). There's over 300 million of us around the world, but no one seems to know or care, and I kind of like it like that.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:01 am

GrandNational wrote:
ryanmetalman wrote:
Of course, all of the Christians who post on this board trace their lineage from either Protestantism or Catholicism.

Not really bro, I'm 100% Oriental Orthodox, way different than Catholicism and Protestantism and having no connection to them whatsoever (except to the Catholics before East and West broke apart). There's over 300 million of us around the world, but no one seems to know or care, and I kind of like it like that.

Wow. Thats cool. As you alluded to, I've never heard of Oriental Orthodox. Maybe I should stop talking about things I don't know anything about. lol

If you don't mind my asking, how/when did Oriental Orthodox start?
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:07 am

The Oriental Orthodox Church I believe started with Justinian and the Byzantine Empire. Maybe earlier. Very early church, one of the earliest.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:24 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, how/when did Oriental Orthodox start?

33AD at Pentecost. Justinian had nothing to do with it. He actually persecuted my people and later followed a heretical sect. The joys of actually reading good history books is a wonder to behold.

The Orthodox Church is Evangelical, but not Protestant. It is Orthodox, but not Jewish. It is Catholic, but not Roman. It isn't non-denominational....it's pre-denominational. It has believed, preserved, defended, and died for the Faith since the Day of Pentecost.

I'm putting this to rest in this Dio thread.

Time to go and crank some Holy Diver.

Last edited by GrandNational on Sat May 22, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:31 am

So why don't "real" Christians rally the troops, go to Dio's service, and show those turds what it's all about?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
So why don't "real" Christians rally the troops, go to Dio's service, and show those turds what it's all about?

Define a "real" Christian. Nobody need to be at his funeral besides those who knew and loved him. Let's let Dio rest in peace.
Back to top Go down

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:13 pm

I was thinking of how to let people know there are christians who don't agree with these wackos but it could easily end up being a hatefest. And these guys are cagey, you lay one hand on them at a protest they sue you, they know the system. I'm thinking of starting a Facebook page. Have to give it some thought.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I suspect there will be Christians at Dio's service. I would just prefer people ignore the wackos altogether. Let them protest and exercise their first amendment right. If they dont get publicity that they crave, then everyone else wins.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:12 pm

According to Blabbermouth, Wendy Dio is pleading with fans to "turn the other cheek" if the WBC wackos show up at the memorial, as Ronnie "hated violence."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:06 pm

so many everywhere keep saying "so why doesn't someone...?" <--we're too lazy to take on these folks apparently. Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_lol

and then posts about facebook pages are brought up time and again too. there already are hundreds. (we're too lazy to go look that up too...)

are they even particularly effective anyway? sure a song got to number one in the UK with a viral facebook campaign..but the draw mohammed campaign got wiped from existence, on the flipside, after mentioning the word boycott.

these were pretty funny:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-3o-best-anti-westboro-baptist-church-protest-s

Uh oh. - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Those jerks are not gonna win anyone over with their misguided version of Christianity.

Exactly. Do they really think that picketing Ronnie's funeral is going to convert anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uh oh. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh oh.   Uh oh. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uh oh.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: